Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

OK, the strangest thing happened to me today. I left work at 1115 to go to that second interview. I met three of the drs, of the 6 dr practice, as well as their nurse practicioner.

I was hired. I told them I would put my two weeks in on monday, but that when someone puts their 2 wks in where I work, they are told to leave, so it could be less than two weeks if they needed me,. not a problem the dr says to me.

Thats not the strange thing.

The strange thing is that when I got back to work, I was there working, and about an hour passed and my cell rang.

It was another office. Wanting to hire me for surgery scheduler with their practice. Ok, doesn't sound so strange.

Only thing. I have never interviewed there and I have never sent them my resume. Same thing with the place I was hired at today. They just called me one day and asked me if I wanted to interview for the job.

Never faxed a resume, nothing. So, the job as surgery scheduler pays more, but that place is so hectic. Like crazy people hectic. The amt they are paying is more than the other job. But the other job has that amt as the high end of possible pay.

I suppose I can let them know that I got a job offer for such and such amt of money and can they match it.

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 03:42 PM

You can click on my name to see me, just dont laugh, ok?

Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,146 times
I think I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your choice, I don't think money should be the deciding factor. You said a few things that made me think you might not want that more money position.

How were the vibes at the place where you interviewed? Did people look happy? Did you feel good about the people you met? Was the energy there positive?

Consider those things so you're not looking for another job in a few months.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I think I'm SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your choice, I don't think money should be the deciding factor. You said a few things that made me think you might not want that more money position.

How were the vibes at the place where you interviewed? Did people look happy? Did you feel good about the people you met? Was the energy there positive?

Consider those things so you're not looking for another job in a few months.
Everyone seemed very happy and upbeat, the drs were nice. They have a good set up, and there are 3 receptionists. My job would not get dull, but I would not have all the responsibility that I have right now.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM

283 posts, read 524,159 times
Way to go girl!! I'm gonna miss you so much tho, but I know that this is for the best.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
Way to go girl!! I'm gonna miss you so much tho, but I know that this is for the best.
I am gonna miss you guys too... you should come with me, kalo....

It really is for the best.. they are acting ok now, but it wont be long before they are back to their old selves...

Old 05-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I am gonna miss you guys too... you should come with me, kalo....

It really is for the best.. they are acting ok now, but it wont be long before they are back to their old selves...
I agree, you know, once a biotch, always a biotch! But how do you propose I do that? lol

Old 05-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalogirl View Post
I agree, you know, once a biotch, always a biotch! But how do you propose I do that? lol
I'll stuff you in my Tinkerbell purse and pop you out of there at the perfect time..

Old 05-30-2008, 04:19 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,519 times
Quote:
Everyone seemed very happy and upbeat, the drs were nice. They have a good set up, and there are 3 receptionists. My job would not get dull, but I would not have all the responsibility that I have right now.

Screeeeeming..........Hooooorrrraaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy yy!

We mother types get so excited.

I agree with pg. If the other job doesn't pay substantially more, consider the work environment as well.

You could tell them about the other offer, but would it be a risk? I dunno. I never had that issue. I was on a set pay scale in public education. You got whats ya got...no matter how well or poorly you preformed.

I'm just soooo happy you have reached another positive in your life, Robyn!

Kalo!!! Hey! It's nice to see you. Making a job change doesn't work for you right now? Maybe there will be another opening where Robyn is going in the near future. You could slide on in.

Take care you two!

Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I'll stuff you in my Tinkerbell purse and pop you out of there at the perfect time..

LMAO I don't know if you've looked at me lately, but I don't think I will fit in your purse. When the time is right for me, something will come along. Maybe I need to be more proactive and do what you did.

Hey Rockkky and everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships