Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 04:46 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Please do not feel free to give me parenting advise while receiving it from your mother, then directly afterwards, give it to me.

Hello? McFly?

Hello?

Yep, just don't do that.

I am on a good roll here, don't go and make me mad.

because I may have to get all.....HULK ANGRY on your butt.

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 08:25 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,118 times
I was cooking all day with my sis in law - we made home made raviolis - yummmy!!!!
Sounds like you have a handle on it. Life is daily. I have that saying next to my computer at work.
You sound so happy - so calm and so secure. I am happy for you

Old 12-30-2007, 05:26 AM

Yummy ILTB! Life is daily, you are so right about that. I am very happy, and calm.

I am predicting another good coffee day, even though I have not brewed it yet, I know it will be good.

I slept good last night, thinking I was waking up much earlier than I had.... Good dreams, a great life.

That is only a good thing. My life has changed so much, changing emotions, changing habitat, my children are changing. There is change all around. Its a good thing.

Yes, my L was going off the other night,, but it is something that she has to do, it cannot stay inside of her. And in all actuality, it is good for her. With Aspergers, most children have a very hard time putting their feelings to words. She used to, and would become so frustrated, so mad. Since our move, as much as it hurts me, the things she says...

I am proud of her accomplishment. I know she doesn't mean a lot of the things she says, but also, I know the things she says have meaning. I don't look at the things as hurtful words being thrown at me, as A sees them.

I look at them, and I listen to them. What is she saying, what does it mean?

I evaluate her words. She hates her life, why did this have to happen to her. She is walking the track right now, my friends. She is not alone on her walk. I walk with her.

She gets it our, then comes down and apologizes. This, not normal behavior for when something like this used to happen. And she has never been able to get her feelings out like this before moving here, and it took her a little while, once we did.

My baby girl is walking the track, and A walks behind her. Her protector. I hold her hand, the Lord carries them.

My time of walking the track of realization has come and gone.

Now the three of them are finding their path, the three, to include their father.

Strangely, their walk is seeming to all start at the same time. Did it take his realization to allow them to walk their walk? I am not sure. I do think it is part of it.

I have accepted it, and he is starting to, I think it has been on his mind for a good little while, I have sensed it, seen it.

No turning back, he now realizes, for us. Only looking forward. Maybe with this change in him, the kids are able to start to look forward. To walk their walk. My walk was a long one, full of thoughts and feelings. I walked to live. I lived to walk.

Now I am here, sitting in the dark, typing this at the House of Chimes. Sharing my life with people I have not met, but feel like I have known forever.

A lot of you have also opened up here and shared your lives, just a peek, a peek of understanding...this is what happened to me, I know how you feel.

I am sitting here, blessed to have your support, happy you are there. I thank you, one and all. Silent and aloud. Everyone.

Now, it is time to brew the perfect cup of coffee. I am not alone in this life. I am awake. I am alive. I am free.

(told you that you would continue to read those words, for now, they are truer than ever before)

Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 AM

Oh yes, and now I can tell you the coffee is good, I knew it would be. It's a good coffee life.

Yesterday, the kids had giftcards they wanted to use, and I got a gift card from one of the drs to a restaurant, so I took them out to eat, and we went to crazy world...Wal Mart.

As we sat there in that restaurant, the kids, so well mannered, I just looked at them. Wonderful creation.

Each time the young waitress came and asked something...yes ma'am, no ma'am, thank you and please. She seemed to be a little shocked at first, but I think it grew on her...

It was a good lunch, a good time. Wal Mart...a different story. I am definitely starting to have a problem being in there.

Those people are off the wall sometimes! I can't handle it. I am in more of a relaxed mode, and not wanting to be around all of that.

I suppose once all the holiday clearances are over it will go back to only half crazy...

That, too, will be a good thing. Just a small peek at the kids for you.... My babies, already talking about their birthdays.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Yes, Robyn, you walked the track. It's a good analogy. You made peace with life on those walks, and you made peace with yourself. They (A., L., and TJ) are in the process of walking now. You are far beyond them. They need the time to catch up and find their own peace.

L's. meltdowns are common and to be expected with her diagnosis. Have you ever tried compression techniques when she is distraught? Does she know how to use them on herself?

I'll check back in a bit later. I have a six-year-old friend here who wants to use the computer for just a moment to travel to some site about Santa and the North Pole.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yes, Robyn, you walked the track. It's a good analogy. You made peace with life on those walks, and you made peace with yourself. They (A., L., and TJ) are in the process of walking now. You are far beyond them. They need the time to catch up and find their own peace.

L's. meltdowns are common and to be expected with her diagnosis. Have you ever tried compression techniques when she is distraught? Does she know how to use them on herself?

I'll check back in a bit later. I have a six-year-old friend here who wants to use the computer for just a moment to travel to some site about Santa and the North Pole.
No I have not, but the other day, she did not want anyone near her... i could not get close to her. Not until after she has calmed down, can I get close to her. Sometimes, if it is before she really gets going, I can hold her tight and she will calm down, but not if I can't get to her before she has escalated.

By then, all we can do is let her be. I have to have her go to her room, but really, she does that on her own...

Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 AM

Default A thought that occurred to me....

My neighbors are really nice, and after talking to him yesterday afternoon, I got to thinking this morning... I hope he does not offer me venison.

There was a time of a couple months that I could not eat meat, back inn the summer, and yesterday, i could hardly eat this mini little turkey burger.

Share your etiquite with me please. With all of these deer surrounding me, maybe you will know...

How can I politely refuse if some of my nice neighbors are offering it?

Yikes, eww.

And its a two cups of coffee morning, the first one was so good, I couldn't help myself, and had to get another!

WHOOHOO!

Last edited by Pikantari; 12-30-2007 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: embrace your life.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:07 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Yep. L.'s reaction is very normal for her. If intervention can happen early, if there is a slower escalation, compression can be helpful for her. If there is a very fast meltdown, she will be tactilely defensive and will need to let things work out on their own in their own time.

The fact that she is able to remove herself from the area is great!! She has learned to do what she needs to do in order to calm herself. They are some very advanced skills she has developed. She must be extremely bright!

I know how very difficult it must be for you and certainly for A. who thinks he needs to protect you. Robyn, you have a wonderful understanding of L.'s situation. You are doing exactly what she needs right now. Not every child with this condition is so lucky to have a mom like you. You get lots of (((hugs))) and respect from me.....jmho.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post

How can I politely refuse if some of my nice neighbors are offering it?
Robyn as most folks here know I am a "selective eater" (so much nicer sounding than picky"
So you can do what I do when friends offer us stuff that "not a snowballs chance in hell I would eat"

I say thank you take it and either give it to someone who I know will eat it or just get rid of it.

hmmm does kalo eat venison

Old 12-30-2007, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yep. L.'s reaction is very normal for her. If intervention can happen early, if there is a slower escalation, compression can be helpful for her. If there is a very fast meltdown, she will be tactilely defensive and will need to let things work out on their own in their own time.

The fact that she is able to remove herself from the area is great!! She has learned to do what she needs to do in order to calm herself. They are some very advanced skills she has developed. She must be extremely bright!

I know how very difficult it must be for you and certainly for A. who thinks he needs to protect you. Robyn, you have a wonderful understanding of L.'s situation. You are doing exactly what she needs right now. Not every child with this condition is so lucky to have a mom like you. You get lots of (((hugs))) and respect from me.....jmho.
You must spread some reputation before giving it to Rockky again.....

The story of my life here... Thank you, Rockky.

I think, I know the Lord allowed me to be her mother, I know He gives me the strength to understand her, the wisdom to know what to do for her, the love to care for her so deeply.

It was very hard in the beginning, it was hard when his mother kept telling me I did not know how to discipline her, when I knew there was something wrong, when I strived to find out what it was, when he told me the kids would hate me for life, they both had early intervention.

Both premature. He told me of A, who began EI at the age of two, and has been in some type of school or social atmosphere ever since, he will hate you forever for this. No child should have to go to school for more than the 12 years. He will hate you.

I smile now. I did the very best thing for both of them. I did what I know they needed, even through all of it. I did what was right for them.

Finally, this summer, I really did what was right. I think of it and wonder why it took so long for me to see.

I realize, when thinking this thought, when the thought comes out of my mind and surfaces in front of me... I cannot dwell on that. Things happen with time, the time He gives us.

He has given me the time. He has given my children the time. We are here. He has allowed us the time to arrive. He has given it to us. He has left me with unanswered prayers.

Let me be a better person, let me be better for him.. (ib) I was better. I did not have to be better. Let him change, let him become good to us. Let it be ok.

My prayers, unanswered, because I was a better person, I could persevere, overcome. He has answered my prayers in his way, in His time, now, in my time.

Everything lifted up to Him now. To His glory. My life is as it should be. With Him, I am everything.

I walk along... He walks beside me, having carried me for so very long in my life, in everything. He holds my hand as my Heavenly Father, yours as well.

This new track of life.... wonderful. There will be more tracks for me, I know this. The levels will keep going up, in these tracks.

No, none of us are perfect, but right now, my life feels it.

Happy day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships