Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 04:20 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

This morning when I came down the stairs to go outside, I knew I would not see the moon. When I finally saw it yesterday, in the daylight hours, it was but a mere sliver.

This morning, the stars were just as bright int he sky as if they were nighttime stars, like in the planetarium.

I saw a long streak across the bottom of the sky, looked like stardust....very pretty. Very pretty. It seems that whenever something is missing, another thing will be there to take its place. If the moon is missing, the stars shine bright.

I checked a little while ago to see if I could find that sliver of a silver moon, but I didn't. I did however, find the first thought of a sunriase.

So pretty... the sky still just a tiny bit dark. The clouds infront of my house a blue grey in color, but I look to the right and there it is. I look above the silos and the swawing blinking red light, and beyond there such a beautiful color.

The Lord gives us these colors that we do not have names for. There is no crayola name for this color. It was pink mixed with orange, and maybe some salmon. Maybe He threw some magenta in the mix.

I stood there just staring at the sky, standing infront mof the swing, as it swayed, just looking at the beautiful sky.

I just went out on the porch to see what has become of the sky. That mixture of a color is gone, and the clouds which rest infront of my house are small, but puffy. A gold in color, with pink hilights.

I would have taken a picture, but my camera is in the car, and really, no camera could capture it the way these brown eyes have. The way my heart has.

Good Morning, and it is such a wonderful coffee day!! Just one more day....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 PM

Thats all she wrote, time for bed....

Old 03-06-2008, 07:21 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Hi Robyn-

Just caught up with a week of posts here. So happy that you and the kids are doing so well. You've entered a new phase of your life.

There was a writer for the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, Claire Mitchell, who had a column called the Third Third. Anyway, she said that our lives are divided into thirds- from 0-30, from 30-60 and from 60-90. You are now beginning your second third and it sounds as though you are beginning it in just the right place. What an exciting time of your life!

And you mentioned Robynpalooza.... I would still love to do it. If it's to happen, a date should be set soon. Once the date is set, we could have a logistics thread and discuss lodging, share airfare/route info. We'd have fun planning it, with the highlight the actual event- ROBYNPALOOZA 2008!

Old 03-06-2008, 10:59 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
This morning when I came down the stairs to go outside, I knew I would not see the moon. When I finally saw it yesterday, in the daylight hours, it was but a mere sliver.

This morning, the stars were just as bright int he sky as if they were nighttime stars, like in the planetarium.

I saw a long streak across the bottom of the sky, looked like stardust....very pretty. Very pretty. It seems that whenever something is missing, another thing will be there to take its place. If the moon is missing, the stars shine bright.

I checked a little while ago to see if I could find that sliver of a silver moon, but I didn't. I did however, find the first thought of a sunriase.

So pretty... the sky still just a tiny bit dark. The clouds infront of my house a blue grey in color, but I look to the right and there it is. I look above the silos and the swawing blinking red light, and beyond there such a beautiful color.

The Lord gives us these colors that we do not have names for. There is no crayola name for this color. It was pink mixed with orange, and maybe some salmon. Maybe He threw some magenta in the mix.

I stood there just staring at the sky, standing infront mof the swing, as it swayed, just looking at the beautiful sky.

I just went out on the porch to see what has become of the sky. That mixture of a color is gone, and the clouds which rest infront of my house are small, but puffy. A gold in color, with pink hilights.

I would have taken a picture, but my camera is in the car, and really, no camera could capture it the way these brown eyes have. The way my heart has.

Good Morning, and it is such a wonderful coffee day!! Just one more day....
That sky you described sounds gorgeous, I can just about picture it. I also derive much pleasure from the sky, beauty that is heavenly, yet somehow makes me feel grounded. And your words are priceless.

xoxo hollygolightly

Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 AM

I once was lost but now am found.

I was tired last night. I did not check for the moon and stars in the sky, even though I passed right by the front dor which would lead me to them.

My daughter is a tweenage drama queen. It is true. Oh, I am handling it so far... so far. She called me at work yesterday and said to me, "Mommy, A won't let me have any fresh air!"

I am thinking to myself, what in the world... is he sitting on her head or something... has he put off something foul that she just cannot handle... is it that horrid that she must call me at work?

Nope. She just wan't to go outside. The rule... no. Not unless I am there. I let her know that when I get home we will go for a walk, or just go outside.

Was blind but now I see.

I got home yesterday and there was still so much daylight to have. She went outside and got on that old front porch swing. Lucy was meowing so loudly at the front door. I went to have a peek.

My little girl, turning into a young woman was swinging on that swing. Too high. I looked at her face now. She was singing. Belting it out as loud as she could. My baby girl makes up her own songs, her own melody, as she goes along. This is what she does.

The words just come to her, as well as the music. Unbelievable.

I just had to look at her, for just a minute. Just watch her innocence as she was swinging there, and singing. She did not know I was looking on. She saw the blind move just a little and slowed the swings pace and smiled her pretty little smile at me. I told her to slow it down.

Yes ma'am.

I did not look at the sky last night. I walked up the stairs of chimes, a very happy person, a very happy woman. A tired woman.

Just as in the late afternoon I heard a song. This time my son. Singing in the shower. He just sang it loud, and he sang it proud.

I went into the bathroom, he did not know I was there. His song; Amazing Grace. He sang it well. He is a good singer. Like his father. He sounded like a younger version of him in there singing. This did not bother me. His voice wonderful, the song, great.

Downstairs, around us, he sings songs from the radio. Mommy! Why did you get that song stuck in my head?!?! I laugh. Most of the time, what he would consider a girlie song. I laugh sitting here, because he just starts singing it, and he doesn't even realize he is singing. I do the same thing.

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!

I lay down in bed last night, tired, but able to think. Thoughts on my mind. I let go the thoughts of work earlier, so they were not there anymore. I was thinking nothing but god things.

I lay my head on my pillow, thinking nothing but happy thiings, lovely things. I left my light on for A, so that when he got out of the shower I could tell him good night.

He must have thought I was downstairs... Hello... he said quietly in the hallway. Hello, I say back. Hi Mommy. His deep voice says. I say to him, goodnight, how bout a hug or a kiss?

He runs in the room and jumps on my bed... how bout both?!?!? I love you Mommy, Good Night... after I am graced with his hugs and kisses. He turns off my light and says goodnight again. I say to him, I love you.

Sweet dreams Mommy. I smile. Nothing but sweet dreams.

I slept good last night. I only woke up once in the night, to the sound of a dog barking.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Hi Robyn-

Just caught up with a week of posts here. So happy that you and the kids are doing so well. You've entered a new phase of your life.

There was a writer for the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel, Claire Mitchell, who had a column called the Third Third. Anyway, she said that our lives are divided into thirds- from 0-30, from 30-60 and from 60-90. You are now beginning your second third and it sounds as though you are beginning it in just the right place. What an exciting time of your life!

And you mentioned Robynpalooza.... I would still love to do it. If it's to happen, a date should be set soon. Once the date is set, we could have a logistics thread and discuss lodging, share airfare/route info. We'd have fun planning it, with the highlight the actual event- ROBYNPALOOZA 2008!
Hello Hiffie! Good Morning! I truly have entered a new phase of my life, you are so right. That 0-30..... I look back on it, and I am glad of it, glad it was there. Grateful for my children.

I had a marriage. I lost my parents, my grandmother, my uncle, who was like a father. Not until the second third did I realize the first third. The awfulness of some of it.

A good thing.... all of those terrible things he said and did... they are gone. The bucket emptied. He allowed it all to just slip away. All of those hurtful words, all of the things he did, that came to light so strong, left me.

They came to me so that I would realize. They left me, so that I could live.

That is what I am doing right now. I am being allowed to live,.... my life. I am happy in this thing called my life. I thank Him for this thing called my life.

If not for Him, I would not have it. I thank Him every day I wake with a morning breath. But for Him, it is here, mine for the taking, if only I will. I do. I take it.

Robynpalooza... Think we will all be around in 2009? LOL I would so love to meet everyone, it would be so great! Oh yes, Synopsis would have to do the banners. There will have to be t shirts. heehee

No making up names either. I know how you are!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 AM

Amazing Grace

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The world shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun refuse to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Shall be forever mine.

When we've been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we'd first begun.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:17 AM

I came down this morning like usual, to greet the morning, to greet the sky. It was not as bright, the stars were not as bright, the moon missing, even still.

I stood outside and smiled, knowing the darkness would soon usher in the light.

I was getting up a bit ago to see the morning sky, the one where the sun has risen, and the colors display themselves in their awesome beauty.

Wheres my lunch? LOL. A jumps up out of his chair and says SNEAK ATTACK HUG!!! Almost taking me down as he does it.

Whew! That was a close one. I open the front door and the first words out of my mouth... oh soooo pretty.

Pinks and purples. The sky a beautiful shade of pink, with a dark purple color showing itself by way of clouds.

The clouds laying across the sky, every once in a while it looks like He has taken something and dragged a piece of cloud upwards into the sky, lifted part of it out to trail up to the heavens.

All the way across, this occurred. So pretty. Just like the words I spoke.. so pretty.

Now, they are all gone, it seems. If you don't catch it while it is there, you miss it. You just have to take the time to catch it. Let it catch you.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
That sky you described sounds gorgeous, I can just about picture it. I also derive much pleasure from the sky, beauty that is heavenly, yet somehow makes me feel grounded. And your words are priceless.

xoxo hollygolightly
It grounds me as well, Holly, it truly does. Lets me know I have a place in this world. I have a place, and it is mine, if only I take it.

And, that is what I have learned I have to do. No one can do it for me, I have to do it for myself, and I have come to know... if I dont do it, it will just float away.

Thank you Holly...

Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 AM

There is a picture of a man in other topics. Looks like him. I am over there waiting patiently for Karla to post her thread, and think of the day. Yesterday was the 6th, making today the 7th.

He is 35 today. It is his birthday. I did not get him anything from the kids, nothing but a card.

That was doing pretty good for me, because the day I got that, the time I got that, I was very upset with him, and I suppose lokking for the card calmed me down a bit.

That was last Saturday. I really don't talk to him anymore. There was one time last week when I was driving home from work and he called my cell to talk to the kids, told him I was on my way home, call the house phone.

He calls my cell when he is calling during his alloted time period, and we are not home. I see it is his number and hand it to one of the kids.

No chance for him to act, "THE FOOL" with me. lol.

Hopefully this new year will bring him happiness in his life, and hopefully, he will have learned something from the things that have happened between us in our lives together, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I wish for him nothing but a good future, because really, no matter what he did to me, we all deserve happiness, don't we?

I do. For him, his gift from me, happiness.

He will be at my work today. He will bring the kids up there and I will give him Ls medicine. He will look at me longingly. When I am not looking. When I am looking, he will roll his eyes, and look like a jerk.

But everyone else sees what I am not seeing. His looks of longing. Oh, one day they will diminish. A girl asks me, don't you want him?

Couldn't you go back with him, if for nothing, than for s~e~x... nononono!!!! and a big ol double NO!

Never, not ever! Never say never she says. No, not ever, I say back.

Happy birthday Jim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships