Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 12:31 PM

13 posts, read 37,785 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, and many, many congratulations to Robyn!! I just found this and Robyn's previous thread as a search result for VA Child Custody statutes, and have spent the last 2 hours scanning over the whole 200+ pages... quite an amazing journey! What I have seen more than anything, however, was the amazing group of people on here, keeping up, responding with great advice and support.....and wishihg that I too had such a support group!

So, as not to hijack such a beautiful story as Robyn's, I will continue this as another thread.

Peace and love to you all!

Raevyn

EDIT: Here is my thread, as promised. //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ml#post3074659

Last edited by Raevyncent; 03-08-2008 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 12:40 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevyncent View Post
Hi everyone, and many, many congratulations to Robyn!! I just found this and Robyn's previous thread as a search result for VA Child Custody statutes, and have spent the last 2 hours scanning over the whole 200+ pages... quite an amazing journey! What I have seen more than anything, however, was the amazing group of people on here, keeping up, responding with great advice and support.....and wishihg that I too had such a support group!
So, as not to hijack such a beautiful story as Robyn's, I will continue this as another thread.

Peace and love to you all!

Raevyn

Good afternoon Raevyn. I hope that you find the support you are looking for, in whatever your matter may be. Please know that in this thread, you will find support. Even if your name is not cinderobyn.

We are here to support eachother, always. All of us.

Welcome aboard. It has been an amazing journey... I think, for all of us!

Robyn

Old 03-08-2008, 01:00 PM

13 posts, read 37,785 times
Thank you so much!! You are such an amazing woman, too bad I am not looking any longer! I didn't put everything in my first post, because I don't have the time right now, but unless I get a job soon (PLEASE GOD!!), I'll have plenty of spare time to document my journey for the last year since my wife left with the kids for a "temporary separation" that had her moving from here (Dallas/Fort WOrth TX area) back to Fredericksburg, VA.

Any of you who wish to follow my story, I encourage you to subscribe to my thread as posted above.

Raevyn

Old 03-08-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raevyncent View Post
Thank you so much!! You are such an amazing woman, too bad I am not looking any longer! I didn't put everything in my first post, because I don't have the time right now, but unless I get a job soon (PLEASE GOD!!), I'll have plenty of spare time to document my journey for the last year since my wife left with the kids for a "temporary separation" that had her moving from here (Dallas/Fort WOrth TX area) back to Fredericksburg, VA.

Any of you who wish to follow my story, I encourage you to subscribe to my thread as posted above.

Raevyn
I think that if I left the state with my kids, my husband would have me arrested. We are both allowed to leave the state with the others permission, but not by way of moving.

I suppose we could, but I would be planning on moving right back.

Does she have custody, Raevyn?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 PM

Despite the late afternoon wind, there were birds flying freely in the air.

Their flight was not a perfect one, up and down, all around. The wind carrying them as their wings fought it with all their might.

Try as they may, they could not fly in a straight line. The wind is fierce here right now. I love the wind just as much as I love the rain, put them together, and I am overjoyed.

Darkness has already fallen upon the night sky. Earlier in the afternoon, I sat on the front porch swing indian style, just letting the swing take me away. Wherever it wanted to.

Huge gusts of wind came crashing against me. It felt so good. Like a rush. Just like the feeling you get when you are at the very top of the ride, a rollercoaster ride. getting ready to fly down the track.

Knowing the exhilerating feeling that is about to take place, feeling the anticipation.

This is how it felt, as I was swinging there, as I could hear the wind gusting through the group of tall, tall trees which sit across the street from me.

Its like the wind got into that grouping of trees, and wreaked havok in a circle, made its way out, and there is the anticipation, almost to me, I could feel a slight breeze.

Just barely could feel it, and this is when I would take a deep breath in. Knowing it was coming. And then it comes, it hits me. I am at the top of the ride, the fierceness of the wind going across my face and my hair, taking my breath away.

The excitement, the thrill of the ride. You know it is coming, but you don't know exactly how it will feel, every curve different than the last, but somehow the same.

So now, the wind comes from behind me, blowing my hair foward, making the swing move at its will.

This is what I mean by the not knowing. There was nothing behind me holding up that wind, no warning. I could not hear it coming, see it coming as I could the wind that was infront of me... pushing its way through the trees.

No. I did not know what was behind me. Such is life. We dont always know what will happen, or when it will happen. Only that... it will happen.

We know that things loom in the air. We know its there, when it will come to us, how it will come to us, we cannot begin to know. Not always. Sometimes, but never always.

This is how life is. It takes its twists and turns, and we never know which way it will turn next. Life is like the wind. It blows, moving along, never always in the same direction.

Just like my ride on the swing. I knew it was going to turn. Just like life, we know it will take a turn, some day, some how.

Always hoping it will be a turn for the better, but never knowing.

Until that one day. The day when it turns for the better for us. The day that we know. Everything is going to be ok. Everything is going to work out just fine.

We just have to wait for it, sometimes. Time. For the most part, it is on our side.

We just have to wait for it. It will come. One day. Some day. Everything falls into place. Just like a miracle, it falls into place.

How do you know this, you ask me.... I know this, because it happened to me.

One day, it was all ok. Everything turned for the better. From that day on, it was so much better. The hurdles, they turned into mere bumps in the road.

The twists and turns in the road of life, turned into what are hardly considered curves.

The path of the straight and narrow, not too far off. Oh no one has that... but we can come darned close to it.

No one is perfect. No one. Only the one who walked on water. We, can only hope for that one day...

The wind... it is just like life. It is just like love. Hitting us when we least expect it to, from a direction we never imagined. The wind just came from another way, how could it be coming from behind me now? Happiness echoes in the wind. Hitting us when we least expect it. Us not knowing it is there until it truly encircles our very being. We feel we can never have it. But one day, there it is. Presenting itself to us, like a gift of gold. Like a breath of fresh air.

Just like everything else I write about, it is there, if only we can come to accept the fact. If only we can reach out and take it, it is ours.

Happiness is ours. It blows in with the wind, we just need to stand in it, freely, allowing it to brush against our being. Allowing the wind to present it to us. Breathing it in. Breathing in happiness until all doubt is gone. Until we not only know, but we feel. That day will come. It may not be this day, or tomorrow. Maybe not next week or even next month. But that day will come.

None of us were put here to not be happy. I believe this to be nothing but the truth.

Oh it happens. It does. In this life... things happen. They get better, or they stay the same. But the wind always blows, whether we feel it or not, it is constantly changing direction.

Just like life, changing direction. You just have to allow it. You can't fight the wind. You can't fight life.

I suppose I may sound a little crazy in this post... it has much meaning.

Last edited by Pikantari; 03-08-2008 at 06:26 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 PM

I sit here, alone in the house, only Lucy and Mollie Kitties to keep me company, and they are off somewhere, hiding from the noise of the wind.

It is something else out there. Every once in a while, it feels like the house may fly away in the wind.

You know, this may just be a good scary movie night...

Got popcorn????

Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 AM

Good Morning... the sun is shining brightly all throughout my house, no need for lights here!

Did you remember DLS? I didn't, and I was talking to some folks about it yesterday...

Whew...

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 AM

672 posts, read 2,124,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Good Morning... the sun is shining brightly all throughout my house, no need for lights here!

Did you remember DLS? I didn't, and I was talking to some folks about it yesterday...

Whew...

Good morning cinderoybn
I just got home from work a bit ago. Another 12 hour night! If I don't get some more home time soon, I'm afraid Sid-n-Emily are gonna forget who I am! And here is a true story, I will tell everyone. Friday night I had about twenty minutes before I had to leave for work. I typed up a post for this thread that was fairly long. Nothing real important or anything, I was just in a blabbing mood I guess. Anyway, I hit the submit thing on the bottom, and my whole computer just kind of froze up. By the time I got back going, it had completely deleted my post. Has that happened to anyone else? Then, I had to leave for work, tried to redo it from work, and guess what? Surf-control pops-up and I couldn't gain access to the site. Some things just aren't meant to be, I suppose. Anyway we got sunshine here today, our snow is about melted, and all is well. I hope you have a great day, and drink a cup of coffee for me. I got to sleep some to get ready for work again tonight. I only get about two nights a month off from work. Aren't I lucky? But, we all got to stay positive. I'm grateful I'm not sick, and am able to work. Things will slow down one of these days. Take care all!

Old 03-09-2008, 04:01 PM

It has happened to me before, Dennis... makes me upset... gggrrr!

I just got back from grocery shopping, and I made it out alive... thank you MP3 player!

Only broke one fingernail, and put back another cup of coffee.... not as good as the first one, but at any rate.. coffee....

I have to leave here in a few minutes. He asked me if i would meet him at 7 instead of 6, and I said yes... so I will be going to meet him an hour later than normal.

They will not have eaten, as usual. He will call it a late lunch, and they didn't need to eat.

Both of the kids, when I talked to them last night were in a bad way.

Both very upset on the phone. I hate this for them.. I hate it.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:09 AM

Not a creature was stirring....

Not even a mouse.

Ok, so we know those are not my words... but this is my house.

Oh the kids got into bed so late last night, after 10:00. So, far, no one is awake yet, I am trying, but I dont want to start them off with a bad day.

It took a while to get them back to half way normal for here. I don't know what went on this weekend, but it was different than it has been.

Talking on the phone with them on Saturday night, there was so much tension in their voices. He was talking in the background as they were talking to me

Yelling, blasting out orders. My God. They are in shackles, I thought to myself. They are in shackles and chains. A was very confused sounding, a bit disoriented even. He was trying to listen to me talk, and listen to ibs orders. Make sure he took everything in.

I said whats the matter, A? I am just confused, Mommy. I forgot to do something earlier, and I got into a little bit of trouble, but I just forgot. Don't worry about that now, ib says. A tries to continue conversation. He can't. I tell him I love him and to try his best to have a good night, put L on the phone.

She is upset, and she speaks her mind, never holding a thing back, that is my L. She tells me all of the things she has to do. I let her know it is ok, we al have to do these things... the getting ready for bed routine. But it has to be just right.

Thats the difference, she is a soldier in the house of shackles and chains. not the actual one, it has moved to another location.

I let her know that I love her, to try and make her evening a good one, and that I will see her tomorrow.

I love you to, Mommy. I miss you.

When I met them, they ran to me. They hugged me, almost knocking me to the ground. I grabbed hold to them, hugging them tight. Both of them at the same time, A towering over me. A group hug.

He looks on with his mean face. His arrogant eyes. They go to get in my truck, and he says loudly... What The Hell!!! I buy you something to eat and you just leave, no hug, no nothing!!!!

They turn back and give him a hug, then go back to my truck and buckle up. Once again, I am the dirt underneath his feet, as he looks at me. I dont know what is wrong with this man. I really dont. Jekyl/Hyde.

I am so sorry for the kids that their visit had to fall under the crazy a$$ personality. I hurt for them. I really do. I look at him and I smile. I hope you have a nice week, Jim.

I am smiling in my mind. Not because I am being sarcastic. No. I am happy, in my life. Not happy with the way he has been with the kids, the way he is with me. Has not a thing to do with him.

No. I am happy. I am. This is why I can smile. This is why I can say... have a nice week... drive safe. He is a miserable man, right now. To him... I am the dirt on the ground that he walks upon. That day. Who knows the next time. Bad thing... so are the kids. That is the bad thing.

Kill them with kindness. Not that I want him dead... not that I want to kill him... lol

But maybe... if you spread your joy, it will will be catchy... just maybe.

Good Morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships