Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 01:24 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Talked to a realtor last Friday, looked at houses Sunday. Went back to look at the house that was appealed the most on Monday. Made an offer after the second look. The owners accepted the offer Tuesday morning. Just finished the inspection this morning.
Wow, you guys don't mess around. Congratulations!

Is it in the same general area? Can't remember what you said before.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:53 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

It's in the middle of town. We are leaving the country life, which will be sad. However, it's time to have a place of our own with more space for us and the animals. We now have a cat in addition to the rest of the crew.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You moving for a bigger/smaller house??

I'm always curious what motivates people to move... I want to get out of LA but the thought of actually moving just makes me shudder..... damn I hate that part.

I remember being young and in my 20's and it seemed like you moved either yourself or helped someone else move constantly. I'm like screw that mess, I'll help chip in on some movers, but I ain't busting my ass homping some boat anchor of a refrigerator down a couple flights of stairs.....

When we bought the condo 15 plus yrs ago, it was great to just say screw it on the moving front.
It is bigger, better laid out and nicer than what we currently have. This is a nicer older neighborhood. It was built after WWII.
Quote:

It is in town instead of outside of town. The thought of neighbors is something that will take some adapting.

This is a place that should last 40 some years. I don't want to move for a long, long time.

Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
It is bigger, better laid out and nicer than what we currently have. This is a nicer older neighborhood. It was built after WWII.

It is in town instead of outside of town. The thought of neighbors is something that will take some adapting.

This is a place that should last 40 some years. I don't want to move for a long, long time.
Congratulations

Old 03-13-2015, 02:58 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
It's in the middle of town. We are leaving the country life, which will be sad. However, it's time to have a place of our own with more space for us and the animals. We now have a cat in addition to the rest of the crew.
How does he/she get along with the dogs?

Quote:

Oh, that will be a change.

Well, good luck to you guys. Hope you love it there.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
I've lived in town for eleven years. Moved five years ago.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
How does he/she get along with the dogs?

Oh, that will be a change.

Well, good luck to you guys. Hope you love it there.
He and the dogs get along well. They just kind of do their own things. The cat is very dog-like. Lol. He is afraid of the bird and stays away from her. She has gone after him a couple times.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
He and the dogs get along well. They just kind of do their own things. The cat is very dog-like. Lol. He is afraid of the bird and stays away from her. She has gone after him a couple times.
One of my Brother In Laws had a Rooster that thought he was part dog until it was bedtime.
Then somehow that rooster would hang in a tree upside down.
When my Brother In Law got hens he put the Rooster in with the hens and in less than 24 hours that Rooster killed every one of those hens and dug his way out of the coop.

The icing on this Rooster's cake is when he got run over in front of the house because he was chasing a car and a truck came from the other direction and ran over him.

Old 03-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
One of my Brother In Laws had a Rooster that thought he was part dog until it was bedtime.
When my Brother In Law got hens he put the Rooster in with the hens and in less than 24 hours that Rooster killed every one of those hens and dug his way out of the coop.

The icing on this Rooster's cake is when he got run over in front of the house because he was chasing a car and a truck came from the other direction and ran over him.
I shouldn't laugh, but that's kind of funny. The bird actually meows more often (and louder) than the cat. LOL

Old 03-13-2015, 03:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

That rooster was a dick.... LOL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.