Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 04:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
It is.

Come visit ! The 14 hr flight isn't too bad
Oh, yeah, I'm sure it's a cakewalk. Will you help spring for first class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

moonshadow lived in Australia, then I think she moved to New Jersey & got married...

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ow-276852.html
Lol, I thought of her, too. Wonder if she's still around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
You all were so busy in here this weekend. I have had so much going on, haven't had much time to post and I feel so lost!

Hey, I'm failing at life right now...I'll buy you a drink and we can drown in our sorrows

But seriously, get in touch with your department chair and see if they know of any resources for you. Tutors, online programs..etc.
You should be feeling grateful for that, lol.

How was your trip?

Old 09-22-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Thanks all for your support. I never really performed poorly in college till now, and this is the first time ever. My undergrad GPA was a 3.71, and I want to keep up a similar level of performance, but cant . I'll talk with my advisor and find out what I'm doing wrong.
Good luck, Adi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would not ask what you are doing "wrong", you may not be doing anything wrong, you just might be skipping a step that should not be skipped.

One step at a time my dear to see where the problem lies, take one step, deal with whatever presents itself on that step, complete it, move to the next step.....lather, rinse, repeat.
You certainly give good advice, CSD.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
This weather is just so silly, I turned off the central air earlier because it was in the 50's now it is 70 degrees but very humid so I am going to have to turn the central air back on to get the humidity out of the house.

I just noticed my last post is #1060, my birthday.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Good luck, Adi.

You certainly give good advice, CSD.
Thank you Sea, I am passing along what my Mother has passed on to me by my Grandfather to her and advice I passed along to my children, all of whom have already been in and out of college but chose not to pursue grad school. We also have Mr. CSD's children and a Son In Law who has been through all of this as well.

I'll have to tell you about our Son In Law's thesis break through one of these days. It is odd when things that need to happen actually happen and the situation surrounding the happening.

edited to add: When I worked for someone else I found the best way for me to get caught up on all of my paperwork was to put every piece of paper I had to deal with in the drawer on the right side of my desk. Then I would open the drawer, take out one piece of paper, deal with it from start to completion, get it off of my desk then open that drawer and take out the next piece of paper. I would open and close that drawer more than 1000 times some days but by the end of the day that drawer was empty and everything had been dealt with appropriately from start to completion. (one step at a time)

Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
You should be feeling grateful for that, lol.

How was your trip?
I should be, but I miss my life of leisure.

Trip was good. The hotel was really nice...they had a free full breakfast (omlets to order too) which was very convenient. We all went on this trip (hockey) and definitely got our money's worth with the free breakfast as far as the kids appetites go! lol

We had a little bit of time to hit the Smithsonian Air and Space museum which was pretty cool. Kids got to see the space shuttle and concord and a lot of other really cool planes.

The fans there in Washington were pretty much a-holes though. Kid you not...they called my child an "eff'ing retard" an "a-hole" and a few other choice words. Bunch of freaktards! I said "you realize these kids aren't playing professional hockey, they are trying to have fun"...guess he didn't like that because one of the dad's shoved me with his shoulder when he walked by. He did it on purpose too!

Greensboro and Washington are on my shyt list for worst parents ever! lol

Old 09-22-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Trip was good. The hotel was really nice...they had a free full breakfast (omlets to order too) which was very convenient. We all went on this trip (hockey) and definitely got our money's worth with the free breakfast as far as the kids appetites go! lol

We had a little bit of time to hit the Smithsonian Air and Space museum which was pretty cool. Kids got to see the space shuttle and concord and a lot of other really cool planes.

The fans there in Washington were pretty much a-holes though. Kid you not...they called my child an "eff'ing retard" an "a-hole" and a few other choice words. Bunch of freaktards! I said "you realize these kids aren't playing professional hockey, they are trying to have fun"...guess he didn't like that because one of the dad's shoved me with his shoulder when he walked by. He did it on purpose too!

If you look a few pages back, we discussed a very good tool to have around for just such an event.
For the adult not the children, it is called a "Flat Cast Iron Griddle" the smaller size of course you just want to leave a long lasting impression....

Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
If you look a few pages back, we discussed a very good tool to have around for just such an event.
For the adult not the children, it is called a "Flat Cast Iron Griddle" the smaller size of course you just want to leave a long lasting impression....

LOL..I'm thinking my own hockey stick and set of pads would work well. I should jokingly wear them when this team comes to our home ice

Old 09-22-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
LOL..I'm thinking my own hockey stick and set of pads would work well. I should jokingly wear them when this team comes to our home ice
I like that idea as well, a little less subtle but effective.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you Sea, I am passing along what my Mother has passed on to me by my Grandfather to her and advice I passed along to my children, all of whom have already been in and out of college but chose not to pursue grad school. We also have Mr. CSD's children and a Son In Law who has been through all of this as well.

I'll have to tell you about our Son In Law's thesis break through one of these days. It is odd when things that need to happen actually happen and the situation surrounding the happening.

edited to add: When I worked for someone else I found the best way for me to get caught up on all of my paperwork was to put every piece of paper I had to deal with in the drawer on the right side of my desk. Then I would open the drawer, take out one piece of paper, deal with it from start to completion, get it off of my desk then open that drawer and take out the next piece of paper. I would open and close that drawer more than 1000 times some days but by the end of the day that drawer was empty and everything had been dealt with appropriately from start to completion. (one step at a time)
Yeah, keeps you from feeling overwhelmed.

Quote:

Unbelievable.

Quote:
LOL!!! The way you worded that made me laugh.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

moonshadow lived in Australia, then I think she moved to New Jersey & got married...

//www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ow-276852.html
She did...... I wonder how she is...

Quote:
Oh, yeah, I'm sure it's a cakewalk. Will you help spring for first class?
LOL. yeah, the last time I flew to the US I vowed never fly economy again. I did manage to get premium economy + exit row on the way home and felt really bad for the 6'2 guy cramped up behind me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships