Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:57 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I saw that Bio, it is beyond shameful what some do Nd others watch.
Where was the metro link "Security" when this was happening?
They are at the stations, but they only board random trains. No where to be found when you need them I guess.

In this case they saw the fight because the train was pulling into the station. They called the cops, and the cops met the train at the next stop.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
That would be awesome!

Metrolink isn't doing so good in the news this week. They asked this guy to use his cell phone, and he said no. So they asked him what he thought about Ferguson, he said he didn't think about it much, and then they tossed him a beating while the whole train laughed. It has made national news. St. Louis is crazy right now.

Hood rats like these hound our Marta trains. No sense of public decency for these animals. Serves em right if they get shot for acting that way.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
According to Wikipedia the population is 52k....... that's probably about small as I could go. I don't want to live in a place where everyone knows who you are. LOL, I can blend in to the background better with a larger city.
I like that about a small town. If I go out, I always run into at least a few folks I know. At the grocery store last week I saw 4 co-workers and a few students and folks we know from the baseball fields. I'm in touch with a lot of people though, just because of the nature of my job. I teach in the same town I live in and sometimes the kiddies make me feel like a celebrity when they spot me out and about...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Long Island is the same way. It's actually fascinating how we are able to cram over 7.5 million people onto this little 1,200 square mile scrap of land, and everyone literally knows everyone. I moved here from the largest "cities" in Vermont with a population of about 12,000 people, and it was such a culture shock to come here. Just. so. many. people.
I was born and raised on LI. You could not pay me to move back there. And actually, that's no lie! Moving back there would at least double my salary but I could never do it!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Walter is laying in his favorite chair on the porch with me snoring like a drunken Sailor.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 PM

Sixty, our neighbor was a second grade teacher for 35 years at the school she went to school.
Before she retired she was teaching the children of the children she had in second grade.
The now adult parents she had as students still call her "Mrs. You were my second grade teacher" (obviously not her real name)

Old 03-31-2015, 08:38 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think she was insulting my intelligence. Like I wasn't going to figure out what was going on.

I work with this other guy. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's physically gifted. I had a feeling before I started talking to her that something else was going on.

I did some digging, got some information, confronted her about it. She played it off, then said yeah she wanted to date the other guy, but wanted me to keep flirting with her and talking to her because he doesn't have the vocabulary and isn't as sweet as I am/was.

Nope. I'm not going to play 2nd fiddle to someone else. I dropped her like a bad habit, and she didn't like it.
but yeah, don't need that. She sounds like she might need to do some growing up first.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 PM

I am tired and getting ready to go to bed but I'm just not quite tired enough so I sometimes will go to amazon and peek around a bit and see what new things they have.
Anyway, I am not a bicycle rider but I found these and they look like they could be a safety benefit for those who do ride bicycles.

Let me just say I do not work for amazon or any of it's affiliates and I am not promoting anything.
This is an information only product in case one would find it useful when partaking in one of their hobbies.

Amazon.com : Zackees LED Turn Signal Gloves for Cycling with Spare Rechargeable Batteries + Charger : Sports & Outdoors

Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
It's a cesspool, and I can't figure out why so many people actually want to stay here. We only stuck it out because the Mr. got in as a tier 4 civil servant at 20 years old, so at the very least he can retire fairly young with a nice pension. I don't even care where we end up; I just want a cottage with a covered porch, and raising chickens again. Preferably a blue state. Where MJ is legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I was born and raised on LI. You could not pay me to move back there. And actually, that's no lie! Moving back there would at least double my salary but I could never do it!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Those are awesome! I have bicycle lanes out by me, but the motorists tend not to notice. A-holes. These would come in handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I am tired and getting ready to go to bed but I'm just not quite tired enough so I sometimes will go to amazon and peek around a bit and see what new things they have.
Anyway, I am not a bicycle rider but I found these and they look like they could be a safety benefit for those who do ride bicycles.

Let me just say I do not work for amazon or any of it's affiliates and I am not promoting anything.
This is an information only product in case one would find it useful when partaking in one of their hobbies.

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Zackees-LED-Turn-Signal-Gloves-Amazon-Exclusives/dp/B00QYEEX9U/?pf_rd_p=2057387422&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=11024013011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIK X0DER&pf_rd_r=0KB1AFW05QP9B7QXSZQQ&ref_=acs_ux_sc_ s_4_ae_sc"]Amazon.com : Zackees LED Turn Signal Gloves for Cycling with Spare Rechargeable Batteries + Charger : Sports & Outdoors[/URL]

Old 03-31-2015, 08:59 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
$95? I could make those for $5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships