Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 08:10 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

I'm going CRAZY. Overloaded with too much work in too little time. How do I manage. God, I need your help. Im giving my best shot but still cant do well .

Im so sorry for being such a leech guys, but I'm really desperate for help right now. I only resort to desperation when failure is imminent.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 04-03-2015 at 08:27 PM..

Old 04-03-2015, 08:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
lol

I love it when they have Easter eggs.

Have you ever read Jorge Garcia's blogs? Pretty funny and interesting guy.
No I haven't, but I'll look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, I'm going back to playing mind numbing games with all of this television talk that is a bit on the obscure side for me..
Lol I'm sorry.I'm a boob tuber.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Oh, he was brutal. But I have to give credit where due: the Mongols had some kick-ass tactics and strategies, and their weapons were quite innovative. Dorky side note: my little guy loves the movie Mulan, but I kind of ruined it with my bytching over the historical inaccuracy "You fools, the Huns invaded the Roman Empire; the Mongols invaded China!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That ol Genghis Khan was a real prick......

Not the ones I see in mall food courts, those are the bomb.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:20 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, I'm going back to playing mind numbing games with all of this television talk that is a bit on the obscure side for me..
I've only seen Lost. Most of the time people are talking about series that I know nothing about. Or we finally break down and watch them and then no one wants to talk about them by then. lol

It seems to me that most of them now are trying too hard for shock value for shock value's sake (ratings). It puts me off and I find myself pulling away from them. I've quit quite a few of them because of that. *high horse alert*

Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
You can watch Viking on the internet too.

Vikings Season 3: Comic-Con Trailer Video - Vikings - HISTORY.com

Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I'm going CRAZY. Overloaded with too much work in too little time. How do I manage. God, I need your help. Im giving my best shot but still cant do well .

Im so sorry for being such a leech guys, but I'm really desperate for help right now. I only resort to desperation when failure is imminent.
Welcome to the real world.

What do you do? You buckle down and get your shyt done. Nobody can do your work for you. If your program is too rigorous for you, think about changing your major or limiting the number of credits you take each semester.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

What do you do? You buckle down and get your shyt done. Nobody can do your work for you. If your program is too rigorous for you, think about changing your major or limiting the number of credits you take each semester.
Or go to the library at the college and sign up for free tutorers.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:48 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:

I never really had such tough times during my undergraduate degree. It was hard but manageable if I ask the TA or professor for help.

But here, we were given a HW problem for which then professor himself is unsure of the method to be used. Plus, it isn't just me. Many others are struggling as well, and gave up trying. Out of 50 kids, just 12 submitted the HW in time out of which only 2 got it right.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I never really had such tough times during my undergraduate degree. It was hard but manageable if I ask the TA or professor for help.

But here, we were given a HW problem for which then professor himself is unsure of the method to be used. Plus, it isn't just me. Many others are struggling as well, and gave up trying. Out of 50 kids, only 8 completed the HW in time out of which only 2 got it right.
Engineering right?

This is what you are going to experience when you go out and get a job. This is essentially what engineering is...you are a problem solver. In real life there isn't an "answer key" that you can check your work against. In the real world, not everyone is going to be be able to solve the problem within the time limits allowed..those that do advance, those that don't stay in their entry level position.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:05 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Engineering right?

This is what you are going to experience when you go out and get a job. This is essentially what engineering is...you are a problem solver. In real life there isn't an "answer key" that you can check your work against. In the real world, not everyone is going to be be able to solve the problem within the time limits allowed..those that do advance, those that don't stay in their entry level position.
I'm in the technical ranks and one of the most difficult things is trying to solve technical problems under a strict deadline....

That sucks.... BIG TIME!!!!

Your mind starts fretting about time and it draws away from the problem solving and it's mother........let me tell you.

I had one time where I had 15 customers I was supposed to train on a system we put in, I was having technical problems right up to about 10 mins before the training was to start... I was a nervous wreck, sweating and once you've gotten into that territory your thinking mind shuts down.

But alas... the Chowmaster was able to pull it out in the 9th inning and bat one over the fence........

Just barely.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships