Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 12:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

It is a fairly aggressive tread for the snow we have. I'm thinking I'll do the brakes and add an airbag helpers for hauling loads and pulling trailers.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Necessity is the mother of invention.... so I hear....
You're brain works pretty hard when the threat of freezing to death is a real possibility. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Mr. CSD always enjoys Canada in the winter when he goes to Regina..
I'm glad I'm down here in Southern Ontario. I'm sure I could cut it up there, but I dunno. lol

My brother lives in North Western Alberta. He said last winter he was driving in a blizzard, at night, couldn't see the end of his hood, when he finally got stuck in a snow drift that spread something like 200 meters (656 feet lol) down the road. When the blizzard passed, he noticed he had come to rest on the wrong side of the road. Then he looked across the street, and there was another car stuck just like him, except it was ALSO on the road! Those two never even knew the other was there until the snow let up, and I can't help but wonder how close they were to a head on.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:57 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I've got some big 20's on the mustang and I learned a hard painful lesson about low profile tires.

Check the damn tire pressure frequently cause you get some bad wear patterns if you don't. It's shows up faster on lower profile tires apparently.......

I just bought a set of tires fairly recently......
When I worked at the truck stop there were numerous dumb blonde stereotype girls would come in and complain about a tire being low.
I would always ask them if they had properly taken out the fall air and properly put in the winter air.

I had a few of them ask me if I knew how to do that and where our "winter" air pump was.

*I am a terrible person*

Old 09-27-2014, 12:58 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
What the hell is it with women...... I don't usually generalize too much about the fairer sex, but damn!!!!

How the hell do women remember the shyt that they can... I'll have a conversation with Mrs. Chow about something and she'll pull up every detail, including the stains that I may have had on my shirt at the time.

I'm lucky if I can remember to change my underwear at regular intervals....

I've got a woman friend and she's the same damn way....

Jeez.... makes me fearful to even think about having an affair..... I can't keep my lies straight... hence I don't even bother... it's safer.....

Old 09-27-2014, 01:01 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
What the hell is it with women...... I don't usually generalize too much about the fairer sex, but damn!!!!

How the hell do women remember the shyt that they can... I'll have a conversation with Mrs. Chow about something and she'll pull up every detail, including the stains that I may have had on my shirt at the time.

Jeez.... makes me fearful to even think about having an affair..... I can't keep my lies straight... hence I don't even bother... it's safer.....
Lmao!

Old 09-27-2014, 01:03 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:

Yeah, but I know plenty of guys who can recite the entire script to Monty Python and the Holy Grail or The Big Lebowski, or they can deconstruct a game they watched six months ago play-by-play. Look at all the car stuff the guys on this board can remember. Ask them when their wife's birthday is, they have no idea. Selective memory.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-27-2014 at 01:12 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:

LOL......Mr. CSD has told me for the last 3 months that this one pair of his underwear that has no functional elastic left is going in the trash.
He told me that again just the other day before he left when he was getting ready to shower.
So, where did that pair of underwear go when he took them off?????
Right in the dirty laundry basket to be washed again, and worn again so I can be told again they are going in the trash....LOL

Old 09-27-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, but I know plenty of guys who can recite the entire script to Monty Python and the Holy Grail or The Big Lebowski, or they can deconstruct a game they watched six months ago play-by-play. Ask them when their wife's birthday is, they have no idea.

I fixed this issue with Mr. CSD, we got married on Friday the 13th of October which is exactly 7 days after my birthday. He never forgets our anniversary which means he now does not forget my birthday.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:07 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I fixed this issue with Mr. CSD, we got married on Friday the 13th of October which is exactly 7 days after my birthday. He never forgets our anniversary which means he now does not forget my birthday.
Nothing like a pragmatic woman.

I'm for it.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:10 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Regina in winter . But windsor isn't too bad in winter. Its the US side that gets butt kicked by snow.

That's true. Last winter was pretty nasty though. -30 and -40 at times. It stayed cold too, so the snow never melted. it just piled up, and piled up.

I'm sure SD and Begal went through the same, if not worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
LOL...that darn internet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I can't roll start my 2000 chevrolet. Darn coil packs won't light otherwise. Yesterday the tire on the pickup went flat. The spare was screwed up. So take it to a tire shop. The problem is the whole in the sidewall. So it's getting a new set of tires.

Next I'll have to do a set of brakes on it.

That sucks. Give me a distributor any day.

Ugh.....it's never as easy as a plug. Of course it's the side wall.

Quote:
I probably posted this already but since we're talking about cold and Canada it seems to fit.

Starting at about 40 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic3xNfEP_o
Love that clip.

Quote:
I've got some big 20's on the mustang and I learned a hard painful lesson about low profile tires.

Check the damn tire pressure frequently cause you get some bad wear patterns if you don't. It's shows up faster on lower profile tires apparently.......

I just bought a set of tires fairly recently......
Why no pics of the Stang, Chow? C'mon, show us yer ride. What year is it, any way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It is a fairly aggressive tread for the snow we have. I'm thinking I'll do the brakes and add an airbag helpers for hauling loads and pulling trailers.

I've got 32 x 11.5 BFG A/T T/A's on the Jeep. They really chop through the snow.

I was messing around with the 98 Durango I bought a little while ago yesterday, and noticed this little schrader valve next to where the rear plate mounts. Following the little tubes that came from it, each one lead to the back shocks.

I was pleasantly surprised! Air shocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships