Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 03:46 PM

19,263 posts, read 15,146,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a clown and spock like....

Weird dichotomy...

Plus... how often do you get to use the word "dichotomy".....
That was just weird, period, lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
We just celebrated three years...living in a tiny house with multiple dogs and that darn bird...and nobody has disappeared yet! That's love.
Lol, the bird...

Old 10-12-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
My very traditional mother asked me if BL were going to live together. Nope, she wants her own place.
Lol!

"I'll be here all week, folks!"

Old 10-12-2014, 03:48 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
It is a gloomy fall Sunday here. Rainy, windy and overcast. I love an October rain. Come November 1st I am done with fall and winter and bugger off.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol!

"I'll be here all week, folks!"
Granted I spend week nights at her place and the weekend she'd come out to my place. It was rare to be apart. Even with the screwed up schedules then.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:51 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
We just celebrated three years...living in a tiny house with multiple dogs and that darn bird...and nobody has disappeared yet! That's love.
I like how SD commented about "Pete, the late great beagle"....... that was awesome and I dug it..... respect and longing for his friend all in one post.

LOl.. those bird stories you guys tell are funny as hell....... we all have our animal stories..... which bring me to a the sad fact that our kitty has been gone almost a yr in a day or two.....

Life goes on, I guess.

I still sometimes look down the pet food isle with a bit of sadness in the ol heart......

Those damn animals get under your skin......

Old 10-12-2014, 03:51 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
We got married on Friday October 13, 2006 in Gatlinburg, TN at The Little Log Wedding Chapel at 5:30 PM, friends of ours went with us and stood up with us.

The next morning around 8 we walked from the hotel and got breakfast then went wandering downtown Gatlinburg. After a bit we decided to go into Piegeon Forge so Mrs. M and I sat on a bench on the main street and ate fresh made fudge while Mr. CSD and Mr. M walked back to the hotel to get our vehicle.

We had been sitting on the bench waiting for them for quite a while and at the same time we said, "Wonder what is taking those boys so long". About 2 minutes later the boys pull up in front of us.
Mrs. M is very tall so she actually sat in front with Mr. CSD who was driving and I sat in the back with Mr. M who is also tall but not physically larger like Mrs. M.
Anyway, Mr. M got out of the front seat and let Mrs. M in and I got in the back seat and scooted over then Mr. M got in and as he is closing the door he says to me:

"It took us so long to get back be cause " your husband" distracted me with a knife shop and I immediately responded with:

"HUSBAND, WHO's Husband".......Mr. M looked at me and said "YOURS YOU IDIOT"....LMAO.
I was like........Oh yeah, that's right, that's why we are here so I could get myself one of those husband persons.....

I think we laughed all the way to Pigeon Forge and still laugh about it today.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I like how SD commented about "Pete, the late great beagle"....... that was awesome and I dug it..... respect and longing for his friend all in one post.

LOl.. those bird stories you guys tell are funny as hell....... we all have our animal stories..... which bring me to a the sad fact that our kitty has been gone almost a yr in a day or two.....

Life goes on, I guess.

I still sometimes look down the pet food isle with a bit of sadness in the ol heart......

Today is the actual one-year anniversary.

I know we go on about him too much. Many, many people go through it, many more times. It was just so traumatic. I just loved him so much...

Okay. I'm done.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:

Life goes on, I guess.

I've had dogs my whole life. My first word was "puppy." His loss has been the hardest for me. It was funny, it took Pete and I while to warm up to each other. Around Christmas the year before it happened. He didn't always cuddle a lot. He would, when he was done he'd hop down. When it come time to put him down, he was so sick. He was in my arms. It is the only time I weep.

I'd call him Peterbilt, he was built like a truck. He'd wag his tail whenever I called Peterbilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
We got married on Friday October 13, 2006 in Gatlinburg, TN at The Little Log Wedding Chapel at 5:30 PM, friends of ours went with us and stood up with us.

The next morning around 8 we walked from the hotel and got breakfast then went wandering downtown Gatlinburg. After a bit we decided to go into Piegeon Forge so Mrs. M and I sat on a bench on the main street and ate fresh made fudge while Mr. CSD and Mr. M walked back to the hotel to get our vehicle.

We had been sitting on the bench waiting for them for quite a while and at the same time we said, "Wonder what is taking those boys so long". About 2 minutes later the boys pull up in front of us.
Mrs. M is very tall so she actually sat in front with Mr. CSD who was driving and I sat in the back with Mr. M who is also tall but not physically larger like Mrs. M.
Anyway, Mr. M got out of the front seat and let Mrs. M in and I got in the back seat and scooted over then Mr. M got in and as he is closing the door he says to me:

"It took us so long to get back be cause " your husband" distracted me with a knife shop and I immediately responded with:

"HUSBAND, WHO's Husband".......Mr. M looked at me and said "YOURS YOU IDIOT"....LMAO.
I was like........Oh yeah, that's right, that's why we are here so I could get myself one of those husband persons.....

bahahahahahahaha!

Old 10-12-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

LOL!!! That's classic, CSD.

"...get myself one of those husband persons." lol

Old 10-12-2014, 04:01 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL!!! That's classic, CSD.

"...get myself one of those husband persons." lol
Just to be clear, I AM a Brunette (was actually born brunette) but I am at times not the brightest little Wolf in the light of the full moon.

Also, I had been single, as in unmarried and divorced for almost 10 years before Mr. CSD and I got married,
I forgot.......LOL

It was just a very foreign term for me to hear in reference to myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.