Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2014, 09:48 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
What's with all the cooking you people do??? Throw some bread in the toaster and I'm good. Lately, that's all I feel like for dinner.

I feel a cold coming on. I decided to drink some OJ, and found that I actually had to water it down because it's too sweet. Holy crappin' CRAP, I never thought that would happen! I'll never kick my sugar habit (and I don't want to), but this is a start...
A couple of yrs ago I did Atkins and really cut back on sugar and other processes carbs and when I did that I was shocked to see how much commercial foods have so much sugar in them... the sugar kills your taste buds and when you get off of it or severely reduce your sugar intake you see just how much sugar is in processed foods......

I don't do low carb as much as just watching out for bad carbs such as sugar and too many things like too much bread or too many potatoes.. but that being said, now when I eat food that have sugar it blasts my taste buds and overwhelms me...

Americans have been eating way way too much shyt food for far far too long......

Old 11-08-2014, 09:48 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
What's with all the cooking you people do??? Throw some bread in the toaster and I'm good. Lately, that's all I feel like for dinner.

I feel a cold coming on. I decided to drink some OJ, and found that I actually had to water it down because it's too sweet. Holy crappin' CRAP, I never thought that would happen! I'll never kick my sugar habit (and I don't want to), but this is a start...
I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I'm very easy when it comes to food. We've both kinda gotten bored with food lately. Not that you could tell from today's chat, lol.

Yep. Chow just surprised me with a small bottle of OJ today. I just usually take a few sips from it here and there. And if I ask for it in a restaurant, I have it over ice so it melts and waters it down.

EDIT: Chow had posted about my making that Lebanese garlic sauce/dip recently. I minimized the quantity of the recipe, but I've been eating it like crazy lately (basically straight, raw garlic). I really think it might be why I didn't get full-on sick when we were feeling it. Hope you're okay...

Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What is "The Knack"?

Mags, sorry I don't offer things like that *in public*
The Knack is/was a pop/rock band back in 1979 that had a hit song called, "My Sharona" it was on the top 40 radio for probably about 24 weeks or so.... huge huge pop hit......

I was a little snapperhead in 6th grade at the time it was out.. but I remember this one girl that liked me and the school dance and what happened afterwards...........

Old 11-08-2014, 09:51 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A couple of yrs ago I did Atkins and really cut back on sugar and other processes carbs and when I did that I was shocked to see how much commercial foods have so much sugar in them... the sugar kills your taste buds and when you get off of it or severely reduce your sugar intake you see just how much sugar is in processed foods......

I don't do low carb as much as just watching out for bad carbs such as sugar and too many things like too much bread or too many potatoes.. but that being said, now when I eat food that have sugar it blasts my taste buds and overwhelms me...

Americans have been eating way way too much shyt food for far far too long......
You can have my bread when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. Ask SD! He tried to steal a roll off my plate once. LOL

Old 11-08-2014, 09:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I have to drink Orange Juice that has Calcium added to it otherwise I have heartburn for a week from one small glass.
It is quite irritating in more ways than one.

For me I really didn't start cooking until I was almost 40 and I taught myself to cook everything even though my Grandmother was a great cook and my Mother was pretty good as well, neither of them allowed anyone in the kitchen when they were cooking.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
The Knack is/was a pop/rock band back in 1979 that had a hit song called, "My Sharona" it was on the top 40 radio for probably about 24 weeks or so.... huge huge pop hit......

I was a little snapperhead in 6th grade at the time it was out.. but I remember this one girl that liked me and the school dance and what happened afterwards...........

I remember the song but not much else I was pregnant most of that year which resulted in temporary brain damage until August 1 when my oldest son was born, 2 months before I turned 19.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:54 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I'm very easy when it comes to food. We've both kinda gotten bored with food lately. Not that you could tell from today's chat, lol.

Yep. Chow just surprised me with a small bottle of OJ today. I just usually take a few sips from it here and there. And if I ask for it in a restaurant, I have it over ice so it melts and waters it down.
I'm pretty easy when it comes to food, too. I've never had an interest in cooking. I've always seen it as a chore that I just don't feel like doing.

I still remember the day almost two years ago that I binged on Christmas cookies at work. Holy buckets was I a BEEYOTCH that night! Luckily SD was working, because things would have been ugly. The smallest things set me off and I just snapped. It was not pleasant. I try to remember that when I'm tempted to stuff my face with sugar.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I remember the song but not much else I was pregnant most of that year which resulted in temporary brain damage until August 1 when my oldest son was born, 2 months before I turned 19.
I was around 12 or so.. you were 19 and had a baby coming... good lord... I was so not equipped to deal with anything when I was 19... when I was 19 I was in a frat in college and was drinking myself into an oblivion all in the pursuit of ladies...

I couldn't imagine having a baby and dealing with all of that "grown up" stuff at that age.... having a kid sort of forces you to grow up.... unfortunately a lot of people don't grow up when having kids.......... kudos to you for handling business......

Old 11-08-2014, 10:04 PM

I do believe it is time to snuggle in and see what the wandering through my timbers of slumber brings me this eve.

Rest well everyone and Mags, I'm sure I'll be up in a couple hours and check on you then...LOL

Old 11-08-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I was around 12 or so.. you were 19 and had a baby coming... good lord... I was so not equipped to deal with anything when I was 19... when I was 19 I was in a frat in college and was drinking myself into an oblivion all in the pursuit of ladies...

I couldn't imagine having a baby and dealing with all of that "grown up" stuff at that age.... having a kid sort of forces you to grow up.... unfortunately a lot of people don't grow up when having kids.......... kudos to you for handling business......

I was 18 still and yes had a baby coming and had been married a wee bit over 2 years and I was the only female in my high school class that was married but was not pregnant when I got married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships