Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 07:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Oooh, I hear that's supposed to be really good.
It's a first for me. Then I'll light the oven when I get home and spatchcock that blasted turkey.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Sitting here watching SNL Turkey Day episode. The particular skit features the son brings his new GF to dinner where, much to the GF's surprise the dad chews the son's food and regurgitates back to the son.
Something to think about while you're eating tomorrow.
Enjoy!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:24 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Getting the turkey ready for cooking tomorrow.

Tossing some candied pecans in the oven and starting on little pecan tarts. After that making pumpkin ice cream and then vegging on the couch

Work on Thanksgiving? Blech...sorry to hear that SD but your dish sounds YUMMY!

Sea, where are you all headed? I might have missed in in previous posts.

Gm...I LOVE dates. We have them on Christmas, but they are plain, not stuffed. What kind of cheese
God, I'm sorry I asked now, lol. The food all sounds so good.

We're visiting Chow's dad out of state.

I've made almond-stuffed dates, and blue-cheese-stuffed green olives. (Haha, blue and green.)

It's okay to talk about food today, right? We have an excuse?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:25 PM

837 posts, read 960,925 times
Quote:
Gm...I LOVE dates. We have them on Christmas, but they are plain, not stuffed. What kind of cheese
Goat cheese! The kind I bought is infused with honey and I'll be rolling the log in dill before sticking it in a frosting piping bag to make it easier squeezing in the little holes.

I think I saw a recipe calling for Parmigiano-Reggiano that would be a good pairing, but I'm going with the soft cheese this time.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:26 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:

I've made almond-stuffed dates, and blue-cheese-stuffed green olives. (Haha, blue and green.)

yes, except its making me jealous and hungry

Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
We don't need to announce to the bird when we are doing that. She knows. LOL. Talking birds are extremely amusing. There is never a dull day in our house!

I am doing a 5K tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to run the whole thing, but I am fairly out of shape. I hope to win a pie afterward. Haha!
Good luck at your race! I don't have my racing legs anymore. Working on that though. I could probably finish a 5K at this point, but my time would be awfully pitiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It's a first for me. Then I'll light the oven when I get home and spatchcock that blasted turkey.
That's what I'm doing as we "speak". Making the brine for the bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Sitting here watching SNL Turkey Day episode. The particular skit features the son brings his new GF to dinner where, much to the GF's surprise the dad chews the son's food and regurgitates back to the son.
Enjoy!
It's the man of leisure...how has your vacation been going?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:

YUM...I love olives! That sounds delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Goat cheese! The kind I bought is infused with honey and I'll be rolling the log in dill before sticking it in a frosting piping bag to make it easier squeezing in the little holes.

I think I saw a recipe calling for Parmigiano-Reggiano that would be a good pairing, but I'm going with the soft cheese this time.
I can go either way with goat cheese. I've had some and it was really good, and then I've had it where it tasted like a barn smells, if that makes sense.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
We don't need to announce to the bird when we are doing that. She knows. LOL. Talking birds are extremely amusing. There is never a dull day in our house!

I am doing a 5K tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to run the whole thing, but I am fairly out of shape. I hope to win a pie afterward. Haha!
Oh, come on! Way to make us feel bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Enjoy!
Ugh! Thanks, WF, lol. I probably will...

Old 11-26-2014, 07:32 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I've worked all but 4 of past 13 thanksgivings. One of those was because I was in the hospital. It wasn't a total loss. They started me on a liquid diet. So it was chicken broth and cranberry juice.

Last edited by SD4020; 11-26-2014 at 07:41 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 07:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Good luck at your race! I don't have my racing legs anymore. Working on that though. I could probably finish a 5K at this point, but my time would be awfully pitiful!

That's what I'm doing as we "speak". Making the brine for the bird

It's the man of leisure...how has your vacation been going?
Thanks! My time will not be great, I can assure you. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships