Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,554,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It's the man of leisure...how has your vacation been going?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 PM

52,160 posts, read 52,609,244 times
I wish that there was a way to convey my complete and utter lack of excitement about the holidays, I just don't like all the rushing about and shopping and all the forced get togethers and all of other nonsense that goes with, the problem is you say this outloud and people think you're an azzhat.... I don't mean to be a pisshead... but man... I could really do without all this hoopla....

I'm really not a total scrooge, But I just wish at times I could just check out during the holidays... I'm actually dreading dealing with my dad tomorrow and I'm a afraid I'm gonna pop off at him... he has a way of driving me nuts at times, too long of a story for all of the boring details...

I had worked a long day, sat on the freeway for two hours and I should have waited longer to return his call... I was just drained and feeling tired, so that probably came across in my phone call with him. He calls me back and starts telling me it's ok if we don't come, especially since were staying such a short time... I've been visiting him in AZ for 18 yrs now... we stay the same amount of time every ****ing time and for some reason he's laying the guilt trip on me for leaving "so early"........ jeezus....

This man is even lucky I even give a **** enough to see him.... Cats in the cradle is the perfect way to describe our relationship... now he's old and alone all the sudden we have this little toasty warm connection.....

Anyways, I'll be glad when all of the nonsense gets back to normal....

Sorry for the rant.

* there's probably gonna be another rant around Christmas time...*

Old 11-26-2014, 07:53 PM

19,351 posts, read 15,211,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Hey, that's okay! You are going to be out there running...and you can pat yourself on the back for that!
(and heck...you can have a little extra dessert then too )
Like the whole pie she's planning on winning.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:56 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
That good huh WF? You should take vacation more often

I'm sorry Chow
You are a good man to head on over to see him, I hope he realizes that.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Like the whole pie she's planning on winning.
Shoot, in that case ...RUN HARD BEAGLE! lol

Old 11-26-2014, 08:12 PM

19,351 posts, read 15,211,268 times
Lol, remember when I was thanking you guys for being here for us to vent sometimes?

Old 11-26-2014, 08:13 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,748,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I've often posed the same question as well as the whereabouts of Schroeder, Lucy, & Pigpen. I suspect some hanky panky.
Leave Schroeder out it.
Quote:
Lol, are you serious?

Sucks you have to work them so often (let alone be in the hospital).

Lol, between you and WF, I'm starting to lose my appetite again.

Omg, lol...

Lol!

Was it a boiled egg?
You're welcome.

Two days earlier I was in a 6 1/2 hour surgery that had me open from ribs to groin.

Last edited by SD4020; 11-26-2014 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 08:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,103,168 times
Quote:

Lol!

Was it a boiled egg?
lol.. salad... again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wish that there was a way to convey my complete and utter lack of excitement about the holidays, I just don't like all the rushing about and shopping and all the forced get togethers and all of other nonsense that goes with, the problem is you say this outloud and people think you're an azzhat.... I don't mean to be a pisshead... but man... I could really do without all this hoopla....

I'm really not a total scrooge, But I just wish at times I could just check out during the holidays... I'm actually dreading dealing with my dad tomorrow and I'm a afraid I'm gonna pop off at him... he has a way of driving me nuts at times, too long of a story for all of the boring details...

I had worked a long day, sat on the freeway for two hours and I should have waited longer to return his call... I was just drained and feeling tired, so that probably came across in my phone call with him. He calls me back and starts telling me it's ok if we don't come, especially since were staying such a short time... I've been visiting him in AZ for 18 yrs now... we stay the same amount of time every ****ing time and for some reason he's laying the guilt trip on me for leaving "so early"........ jeezus....

This man is even lucky I even give a **** enough to see him.... Cats in the cradle is the perfect way to describe our relationship... now he's old and alone all the sudden we have this little toasty warm connection.....

Anyways, I'll be glad when all of the nonsense gets back to normal....

Sorry for the rant.

* there's probably gonna be another rant around Christmas time...*
Ah, can't choose family...

Don't ya love that.. how its the same thing every year, and yet there needs to be 1,000,000 discussions about the event.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
lol.. salad... again...

Ah, can't choose family...

Don't ya love that.. how its the same thing every year, and yet there needs to be 1,000,000 discussions about the event.
Last week we talked about us showing up at his house at 1pm...

Get a call for me to call him back "What time are you coming up"...

I'm like.... are you early stages of dementia here, we friggin talked about this already, just a few days ago....

Sorry to rant people ... I'm just agitated from the guilt trip he's throwing down.....

He wants to play that game, I'll walk the F out and say, "See ya and hate to be ya........"

Old 11-26-2014, 08:36 PM

So... did everyone enjoy the dog named Cigarette joke I said yesterday.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.