Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2014, 09:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Winter weather is on the way tomorrow, including a high wind warning for us. Awesome. Guess I won't be going for my lunchtime walk. I might blow away.
Carry weights? lol

You are teeny-tiny...better be careful getting from the parking lot to the building!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:35 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,542,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Carry weights? lol

You are teeny-tiny...better be careful getting from the parking lot to the building!
My chauffeur is giving me a ride tomorrow. That's the only thing I don't like about where I work. I have to park on the street one to two blocks away. There's a minimum one year waiting list to get a spot in the parking lot right across from the building. I get there early enough that I can usually find an all day spot on the street (most spots downtown are two hour max...and the parking nazi is always on top of it). It's only an issue when it's icy or I have to leave in the middle of the day.

I think I've seen them mention possible 60 mph winds. I hope the crap doesn't linger because we are hitting the road Tuesday morning.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Thanks! I have an angel somewhere in a box...but we use her for the real tree because it's usually a bit bigger. She's kind of tall and looks out of proportion on this tree.
Oh I understand I'd but it on the big real one too.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:31 PM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
We spent the majority of the day today in the ER...Mrs. Chow's dad had a relapse. We had just visited him yesterday at the nursing home.

We get a call today from his GF telling us that he's being transported to the ER... there was an issue with him getting his dialysis treatment...

His heart stopped beating while he was sitting there getting ready to have dialysis.

They performed CPR and after no success the dialsys center ended up calling in 911 paramedics. They got him rebooted and somewhat stable, enough to get to the ER... There they got him and start running tests.

We get there and see him and he's not looking good, he's out of it and unconscious.

They finally get an ICU room setup and the whole family is there waiting to see what happens. The doc tell us that he's been deprived of oxygen for a good while.

Mrs. Chow and her brother have to make some hard and difficult decisions about what to do next. We then decide to go home thinking that we're gonna go back in the am and see what happens next.

We no sooner get home and get a call that he's fading and that we need to get over there quick.

We get there and he's basically gone.... his heart stopped beating.....

He was 90 and he went peacefully.... the best that you could actually hope for, the docs said that he wasn't in distress.

Mrs. Chow pays her respects to her father..........

The whole cycle of life I guess.

This post reads like a condensed version of the story, cause it is... there are some many nuances that I can't capture and if I tried to tell them, they'd come off the wrong way...

The deal is is that he's gone and he went out ok....... it's the best you could hope for... no one wants to wallow around for months in pain and agony.

I was just hoping he'd go out with his boots on.... he about damn near made it...... 90 yrs old and having wine every night and with all his marbles... what more could you ask for???

Old 12-21-2014, 11:38 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
Our deepest sympathies to you, Mrs. Chow and the entire family and our hearts are filled with sorrow and mourn with you.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:47 PM

52,007 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Our deepest sympathies to you, Mrs. Chow and the entire family and our hearts are filled with sorrow and mourn with you.
Thanks for the kind words we appreciate it.... I wish I could just get drunk and not think... I just don't know what to make of it all....

I keep telling mrs. Chow and myself, for that matter, that he had a good long run and to go out at 90 with a good life under your belt then you've done ok.

That's the script that I'm selling to myself.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:48 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
Chow, you and Sea know you have my most sincere condolences.

I'd buy that script, Chow. It's the absolute truth.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:51 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,075,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Thanks for the kind words we appreciate it.... I wish I could just get drunk and not think... I just don't know what to make of it all....

I keep telling mrs. Chow and myself, for that matter, that he had a good long run and to go out at 90 with a good life under your belt then you've done ok.

That's the script that I'm selling to myself.
I am so sorry to hear this. Deepest sympathies to Sea and yourself & family.

Thoughts are with you both.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:58 AM

19,263 posts, read 15,146,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Chow, you and Sea know you have my most sincere condolences.

I'd buy that script, Chow. It's the absolute truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I am so sorry to hear this. Deepest sympathies to Sea and yourself & family.

Thoughts are with you both.
Thank you very much, all of you.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:49 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Sorry about Sea's father. I know what it's like being in the shoes of someone who has to make that kind of decision. My dad and I did it with mom, but I only discussed it with him, dad made the decision.

I'll say a little prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.