Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 09:03 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why yes, I actually would be okay with that. A week later I'd still have my pic but the real flowers would be wilted.

Sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony!
It was as nice as it could be.......... the captain was a nice soft spoken man, seemed like a gentle soul...

Probably perfect type for the job he does...

Last edited by Chowhound; 02-14-2015 at 09:11 PM..

Old 02-14-2015, 09:21 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Why yes, I actually would be okay with that. A week later I'd still have my pic but the real flowers would be wilted.

Sounds like it was a beautiful ceremony!
Well, this could have endless possibilities.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:28 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Well, this could have endless possibilities.

I got flowers from FedEx today...well, actually from my husband (and Finn got a dog bone...lol, they always bring him a bone).

Old 02-14-2015, 09:31 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The complete lack of listening that so many people do just drives me crazy after a while.... I swear... some people are so friggin rude when it comes to that. I was calling my dad and we're talking, or should I say he's talking, yap yap yap, he finally asks about my day,I tell him about taking Mrs. Chow's dad out and dropping his ashes out in the ocean and he just starts to tell me about how he doesn't want to be cremated etc etc etc, doesn't bother to ask anything about it, how it was, etc etc...

So many people do that too... it's draining and makes me not want to bother interacting with people, as it seems like most people don't give a **** and just want to talk "at" you, instead of with you... my dad has always been bad like that and most of the time it doesn't bother me, but today with a major life event like that he can't be bothered to ask another person how they feel...... jeez...

Makes me reconsider my decision to not write his dumb ass off.....
A coworker is that way, damn near doesn't acknowledge you even spoke a sentence. He is a pretty good guy otherwise.
Quote:
The complete lack of awareness that a lot of people have, but whatever... Yeah, she handled it pretty well, there were six of us that went out on the boat and it was a nice day.... sunny clear day.... it was probably about as nice as it could be... we get out a couple 3 miles off coast, the captain stops the boat we gather around the Captain said a nice poem, we lowered the basket down into the water, the basket was lined with rose petals and when you pull the string the basket turns to the side under water and you see a nice "plume" of the ashes spreading underwater, it was actually sort of artistic looking. The rose petals floated around the water for a long while.... it was nice.

The ceremony sounds nice, I might do that with my sister's ashes after mom checks out.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
A coworker is that way, damn near doesn't acknowledge you even spoke a sentence. He is a pretty good guy otherwise.

The ceremony sounds nice, I might do that with my sister's ashes after mom checks out.
Yeah... rants aside... it was nice... like I said.. the captain was really respectful and gave a nice little poem before we lowered the ashes... it was really nice... well, you know.. as nice as something like that could be...

He's got a website that shows that process... I'll see about digging up the site, he's got a vid that shows the process.... it's peaceful and respectful... about as much as you could ask for.....

It was a good day overall... the weather was nice... afterwards we went and had a nice late lunch.....

Life goes on as they say.......

Old 02-14-2015, 09:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
The complete lack of awareness that a lot of people have, but whatever... Yeah, she handled it pretty well, there were six of us that went out on the boat and it was a nice day.... sunny clear day.... it was probably about as nice as it could be... we get out a couple 3 miles off coast, the captain stops the boat we gather around the Captain said a nice poem, we lowered the basket down into the water, the basket was lined with rose petals and when you pull the string the basket turns to the side under water and you see a nice "plume" of the ashes spreading underwater, it was actually sort of artistic looking. The rose petals floated around the water for a long while.... it was nice.

That sounds beautiful, Chow. Not at all what I was expecting. I kinda thought you just gently dump'em in the water. I didn't think there would be a whole ceremony about it.

Much more peaceful than what I want done with my ashes, which is put in a rocket and launched into orbit for all time (or a couple hundred years until I hurl back into the atmosphere in a 17,000 mph fire ball and rain down on the population of Earth. lol)

Old 02-14-2015, 09:56 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Chow that sounds really nice and beautiful even though it is the result of a very sorrowful event.

Mags, if you come hurling down at me that fast I will kick your butt all the way back to where you came from originally....

Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Chow, I'm glad it went as well as it could. It sounds like a really lovely ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
That sounds beautiful, Chow. Not at all what I was expecting. I kinda thought you just gently dump'em in the water. I didn't think there would be a whole ceremony about it.

Much more peaceful than what I want done with my ashes, which is put in a rocket and launched into orbit for all time (or a couple hundred years until I hurl back into the atmosphere in a 17,000 mph fire ball and rain down on the population of Earth. lol)
^^ lol, yesterday I was reading Hunter S Thompson, and was thinking about how he was sent off and I thought that was a pretty good way to go...don't mind your idea too lol

Old 02-14-2015, 10:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

I just want to be raised back as the first actual human-eating zombie, so I can show the world what an actual scary zombie is.

Not super human per se, not retardedly slow either, but an in-between, and since I'm undead and have no use for lungs, I never stop moving or slow down.

I'd still die to head shots and fire and getting my head chopped off and stuff, but I'm sure I'd actually catch up to a few people and bite them before that happens.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:06 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Chow that sounds really nice and beautiful even though it is the result of a very sorrowful event.

Mags, if you come hurling down at me that fast I will kick your butt all the way back to where you came from originally....

But you said I could stop by for supper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships