Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:08 PM

20 posts, read 24,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
In my short stint with online dating, I think there are way too many people looking for instant relationships, and they usually start out with the constant texting. Beware of those types!
I agree with you- I have a lot of issues with online dating that are way off topic here.

But this guy is not from online, so those standards and norms are inapplicable here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times
Wait for him to contact you and wait for him to ask for the next date. Men like to be the chaser. If he doesn't contact you within a time that is acceptable to you, forget about him. I really can't say from the information that you gave whether he may or may not be interested. Let him take the lead, then you will know that he is interested and not responding to your overtures.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Wait for him to contact you and wait for him to ask for the next date. Men like to be the chaser. If he doesn't contact you within a time that is acceptable to you, forget about him. I really can't say from the information that you gave whether he may or may not be interested. Let him take the lead, then you will know that he is interested and not responding to your overtures.
I am thinking along these lines too. I wish I could give more information that will help you guys tell me if he's interested or not(although that makes me feel as I'm 15) but I am frankly not sure what information to give. I think I said everything!

As am I writing all this, I am realizing that the main issue is that I like direct people and I feel uncomfortable when people play hard to get if they do indeed like me.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:19 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBrooklynGirl View Post
I am thinking along these lines too. I wish I could give more information that will help you guys tell me if he's interested or not(although that makes me feel as I'm 15) but I am frankly not sure what information to give. I think I said everything!

As am I writing all this, I am realizing that the main issue is that I like direct people and I feel uncomfortable when people play hard to get if they do indeed like me.

Sounds like an ok guy so far. I think you're jumping the gun a little on the notion of playing hard to get.
If it's only been two days and you're already questioning.... Maybe YOU need to slow down.
You contacted him, you gave him a kiss.... Just saying.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:20 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaBrooklynGirl View Post

Is he playing hard to get or being a gentleman? Be patient. Time will tell.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Is he playing hard to get or being a gentleman? Be patient. Time will tell.
Bingo.

Honestly, I think lots of women, particularly younger women, have become so used to how most men are today, that it confounds them when they actually meet a guy who's seems a little more traditional. A guy who doesn't feel entitled. An adult male who doesn't expect a woman to "put out" by the 3rd date.

OP, I know you feel very attracted to him, so your desire to get closer to him physically is completely natural. But it's totally okay to not have kissed after a 2nd date. Really. In fact, in my books, waiting a little bit for the first kiss, just like waiting for sex, makes those experiences all the better.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:03 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Bingo.

Honestly, I think lots of women, particularly younger women, have become so used to how most men are today, that it confounds them when they actually meet a guy who's seems a little more traditional. A guy who doesn't feel entitled. An adult male who doesn't expect a woman to "put out" by the 3rd date.

OP, I know you feel very attracted to him, so your desire to get closer to him physically is completely natural. But it's totally okay to not have kissed after a 2nd date. Really. In fact, in my books, waiting a little bit for the first kiss, just like waiting for sex, makes those experiences all the better.
So true! The other thing is that people don't expect good-looking guys to be shy or awkward, but they're people, too, some are as shy as the next guy. The OP may be wondering though, is he just shy/dragging is feet, or is he playing her, and going out with other women? We can't know, but I don't think the guy should be judged harshly just because he didn't return a peck on the cheek and engage in compulsive texting.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So true! The other thing is that people don't expect good-looking guys to be shy or awkward, but they're people, too, some are as shy as the next guy. The OP may be wondering though, is he just shy/dragging is feet, or is he playing her, and going out with other women? We can't know, but I don't think the guy should be judged harshly just because he didn't return a peck on the cheek and engage in compulsive texting.
Well if he is seeing other women at the same time, there's definitely nothing wrong with that. Definitely nothing wrong with that until it is implied that two people are exclusive.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Sounds like an ok guy so far. I think you're jumping the gun a little on the notion of playing hard to get.
If it's only been two days and you're already questioning.... Maybe YOU need to slow down.
You contacted him, you gave him a kiss.... Just saying.
I don't know.... I sincerely hope I am not coming on too strong. I always worry about that. I spent my college years dating one guy for 4 years so I always worry that my "game" is off... haha.

A few people told me that "I send mixed signals" so the reason I contacted him after the first date is to clarify that if it's the case. I decided I will not contact him this time.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate everyone's advice- I've never used this forum before; very interesting stuff!

Old 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Some men on this forum have said, though, that after a couple of dates, they expect the woman to initiate a date and organize it. But I think in the OP's case, it hasn't been clear the guy's even interested in continuing. She really hasn't gotten enough feedback to know where she stands at all. It's hard to know what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships