Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 06:10 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Dumb move was on her part in divulging such info this far into the marriage. Just asinine IMO.

What did she achieve but put doubt her own marriage.
Sounds like it, but we still haven't heard from the OP why she dropped that bomb so long after the fact. Did issues come up? The OP's holding out on us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 06:13 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan9399 View Post
I agree we were not exclusive but she made it seem she wasnot with anyone
She wasn't with anyone. She was no one's girlfriend. She was single and unattached. She had a friend with benefits to scratch that itch, but that was about it. It doesn't sound like they were "dating" in any sense of the word. LOL

I have to tell you, finding a good drama free FWB can be challenging. For women, you want someone who doesn't make you feel like a scummy peace of meat and won't get all attached, but stay friendly at the same time. Someone who if you cut him off and move on wont be an jerk to your new boyfriend and wont be trying to persue you relentlessly for another session every chance he gets even though he knows you are committed elsewhere now. Yes, men get attached too. And y'all are horrible when you do. All that and he needs to be at least decent at the deed.

She walked away from the sure thing for you. At 20. You did good dude.

I do think you have a right to be shocked and a little pissed since you know the guy, but I would talk it out with her and make it my goal to move on after a while. Really, this was college age stuff.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Also are people naïve enough to think that no one in any bridal party has ever been with the bride or groom? Hell my best man dated my now wife. He actually set us up. According to some of you people this clearly means they are still doing it, and everyone is an a hole.
I know, right? Hey you grow up in one community, spend 10-15 years there as a sexually active single person, you are bound to end up with friends you once slept with. Why be childish or weird about it?

It's the same mentality where guys talk about women "giving" sex to other guys. I just can't get my head around that mindset.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,466 times
I'd be pretty devastated if I found this out from my husband. BUT we've all made mistakes and I don't have a clean slate myself. The fact she told you means she wanted it off her chest. She was honest. Now don't beat yourself up.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagyarGuy View Post
You couldn't be more wrong (though I wouldn't mind being an average young guy again). And as someone who has been around the block a few times I've seen all this crap before and am familiar with the patterns in my peers' failed marriages. And one pattern that I have seen over and over is that women who enjoy casual sex never stop liking it.
I'll ask again, how old are?

Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
Let the past to be past enjoy the present.
AKA. . . .

Ignore a painful reality in order to live within a comfortable lie.

She was keeping her options open two decades ago and finally settled for one of two options despite keeping both on hold at the same time.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
AKA. . . .

She was keeping her options open two decades ago and finally settled for one of two options despite keeping both on hold at the same time.
Oh good grief, some of you guys

Old 09-02-2014, 11:16 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan9399 View Post
First off I have been happy married for 21 years; my wife is the love of my life, I am 43 she is 42. When we started dating 23 years ago she said she was single. Just found out she was but had a sex buddy for about a year and she was still sleeping with him while I was courting her and she said she still slept with him for about a month after we had sex. She even had sex with us on back to back days. I know it was a long time ago but it does hurt knowing I took her on dates but the other guy got the sex. And it does discuss me knowing I got sloppy seconds.

How would you feel about this?
This is what most women do. I'm sure most married guys you know are in your shoes. They just don't know it.

In any event, you don't want to lose half of your stuff (maybe more) over something that happened so long ago. You should look at your wife differently though. That's pretty disgusting that she did that.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
AKA. . . .

100% correct.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
There is way too much being read into this situation that happened over 20 years ago.
From what I have read the original poster and his current wife had not known each other long, were just starting to date but were not exclusive as a couple.
She had an intimate friend she kept until things got serious with her current husband then the intimate friend became just a friend.

Neither of them had any ties to each other at that point and I see no reason for her to give up something just because she "might" become serious with the new romantic interest.
I think the original poster is looking for a reason to break down the marriage and this is a long reach at a short straw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships