Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:19 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
The right time is after marriage. That's when you no longer have to worry about stuff like "Is this a 1 night stand, and will she dump me down the line". Once married, I can be assured of her commitment. That aspect makes sex relaxing, the way its meant to be.

And enjoy your life if you married someone that doesn't really like sex or your sexually incompatible with.

Ooops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And enjoy your life if you married someone that doesn't really like sex or your sexually incompatible with.

Ooops!
Sex is like the "best for last" gift. It comes after you have earned her unbreakable long term commitment and confirmed if she is comfortable having kids.

I will have sex with one and only one woman. I'll make sure our expectations match for being lifelong partners.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 09-03-2014 at 07:32 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 07:28 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Is 'knowing the time is right' different from feeling comfortable/safe
having sex with the person and wanting to?
Not really.
Quote:
If so, what should I be looking for?
Knowing WHY (which also is quite individual) is what matters.
That can also change now and then which is also OK.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I feel it can be an age thing.If you are young wait 2-4 weeks.If you are older say 50+ what do you have to lose?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I feel it can be an age thing
If you are older say 50+ what do you have to lose?

Yeah, baby, yeah! - YouTube

Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Sex is like the "best for last" gift. It comes after you have earned her unbreakable long term commitment and confirmed if she is comfortable having kids.

I will have sex with one and only one woman. I'll make sure our expectations match for being lifelong partners.

While I respect your opinion, I've always been curious to meet someone who feels like you do after a divorce. I don't mean any offense by that, I really don't believe I've met someone in that situation, but the mind boggles.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:50 PM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
Quote:
In every thread about when to have sex in a new relationship, people give the same answer over and over: 'Don't set a timetable; you will know when the time is right'.

Is 'knowing the time is right' different from feeling comfortable/safe having sex with the person and wanting to? If so, what should I be looking for?

Nila, IMO its the same. You should be looking for a quite, private place .....

I'd bet that 90% of the time it just happens, a little sooner than expected for one or both.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
I never got by more than a couple dates without feeling enough chemistry for sex. So waiting weeks or months? I cannot speak of it.

I think my wife and I may have made it to the third date... but most of the second was spent with our lips planted to each other. (We went to the movies, but were the only two people in a dark theatre! )

Old 09-03-2014, 09:04 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
In every thread about when to have sex in a new relationship, people give the same answer over and over: 'Don't set a timetable; you will know when the time is right'.

But, in my many decades of relationships, this has never happened to me.

I pretty much never feel attracted to anyone on the first date, but by the end of the second date I do, sometimes, and that is the person I keep seeing. On subsequent dates I feel so overwhelmingly attracted to them, and I usually have sex with them on about the third date -- and pretty much every day thereafter for several months. The first time we see each other and don't have sex is noticeable, and that doesn't happen for a while.

This is pretty much what my friends (female and male) do, too. But I have been surprised to learn from online forums that there are people over 21 who wait weeks or months. And it sounds like this may be a good idea, in terms of focusing on other aspects of compatibility.

Is 'knowing the time is right' different from feeling comfortable/safe having sex with the person and wanting to? If so, what should I be looking for?
It depends on who the relationship is with. Most women, experienced or innocent, are not looking to bunny hop the first carrot that happens by (i.e. there is nothing rushing them). You might get lucky and meet a couple true nymphs in your lifetime, but they arent the norm for females.

If you are with a woman who is saving herself for marriage, and you want to date her and attempt to be the first experience she ever has - then you are waiting however long it takes to deside to, and arrange to, marry her.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:53 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
The right time is after marriage. That's when you no longer have to worry about stuff like "Is this a 1 night stand, and will she dump me down the line". Once married, I can be assured of her commitment. That aspect makes sex relaxing, the way its meant to be.
This is what is right for you, but not necessarily for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships