Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:48 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Lol, the reverse has always happened to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 03:56 PM

43 posts, read 44,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Wow, that is sad.

My "friend" tried something similar on me. However, my lady friend pretty much cut him off. Her and I still talk, though. So there is some justice.
It makes it much worse when all his efforts didn't end up applying to him in the end. He got his wife and kid. He FUBARED mine for good! The fact he knew where I was going and what I had to do later is an even bigger insult. Set aside all the money you borrowed and never paid back over the years....hundreds of dollars. He also attempted to steal some of my tools along the way. Had I not gone and retrieved them myself from his garage after I found out who had them, they would be his.....again thousands of dollars.

I don't have use for him anymore......haven't since '07.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:28 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It feels like your friend is trying to lock her down, then she tells you that she likes you and wants to be in a relationship with you, and you also like her back. How would you react to this situation?
I don't generally do that type of stuff to friends of mine. However, it's a different story if it's an acquaintance. It's not my fault my acquaintance couldn't seal the deal!

Old 09-06-2014, 04:47 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
I'd be friends with her. I always look forward to expanding my friendship cycle .

Give her time to choose between the two guys. Till then, just be good buddies.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:10 PM

326 posts, read 348,797 times
I had this happen to me (when I was still interested in women) I liked this girl who rejected me and liked my friend. He told me he was going to take her out and I said I wouldn't feel good about it. Long story short he got the girl and I have one less friend.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:30 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post
I had this happen to me (when I was still interested in women) I liked this girl who rejected me and liked my friend. He told me he was going to take her out and I said I wouldn't feel good about it. Long story short he got the girl and I have one less friend.
Lame

Old 09-07-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Lame
Whats lame about it?

Old 09-07-2014, 10:54 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It feels like your friend is trying to lock her down, then she tells you that she likes you and wants to be in a relationship with you, and you also like her back. How would you react to this situation?
It depends on what I feel the "consequences" of pursuing the relationship are.

If it's just going to be one of my buddies being butt-hurt, than I will pursue, but if I feel it's going to cause a serious problem with a friendship, I won't do it.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:41 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkerr View Post

You don't want your friend to date her simply because she rejected you? Lame.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
You don't want your friend to date her simply because she rejected you? Lame.
Well he always has women to date unlike me I asked him not too because it was a slap in the face and he didn't care some friend. I don't care what people think of me on this Im on my own so I will do whats best for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships