Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:20 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,220,808 times

Advertisements

CarbonCountyLiving, I like your post. I do need to make more socializing time. I do find it odd that people think that guys in their 20s are picky. Most people know that its harder for a guy to find a GF than it is for a girl to get a BF. I believe women can be A LOT more picky than men. And very shallow. That's why people always refer to women wanting "prince charming".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 04:26 AM

All in all, I'm trying to give up. I would see an attractive girl somewhere and I have gotten to the point were I don't feel anything about it anymore. I just glance and keep going about my business. Why bother. Its easier just to push the shopping cart down the isle and go about my business for the rest of the day. Versus trying to talk to her and go through BS, just to possibly get shot down(which I'm fine with) and get trashed talked about to her buddies. Rejection is a part of life and I'm fine with it. It just seems that EVRY girl I look at and think is attractive and I want to get to know them, automatically means I can't even get their phone number. Jeez.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:27 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,272,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
CarbonCountyLiving, I like your post. I do need to make more socializing time. I do find it odd that people think that guys in their 20s are picky. Most people know that its harder for a guy to find a GF than it is for a girl to get a BF. I believe women can be A LOT more picky than men. And very shallow. That's why people always refer to women wanting "prince charming".
Actually most people don't know that. I've observed the opposite, in fact. I really wish guys would stop acting like it's so easy. The fact of the matter is, it's hard to find a quality person regardless of gender.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:43 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
Quote:
Maybe your low opinion of women is part of your problem. Women are no more picky nor shallow than men.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,140,301 times
Quote:
For the people that have been single for a long time, how do you stop caring about being single and accept the fact that you might be alone the rest of your life?
I have had very, very long stretches of being single, although I am currently in a committed relationship. As I entered into this relationship at age 42, I was in a pretty different position than a guy in his 20s.

To answer the above question, I never stopped caring. However, I did accept the fact that I might be alone for the rest of my life. How? Well, it certainly appeared that way given that I had dated for 20+ years but had not had a long-term relationship in quite some time. It's a matter of simply changing your mindset. I attended a Tony Robbins speaking engagement a few years ago, and the most important takeaway was "If life doesn't match your blueprint, and circumstances are outside your control, change your blueprint." Quite simply, you have to change the things you can, accept what you can't change, and adjust your expectations accordingly.

The easiest way to be happy is to stop obsessing over everything you don't have and start being grateful for everything you do have.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:41 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,272,456 times
Quote:
All in all, I'm trying to give up. I would see an attractive girl somewhere and I have gotten to the point were I don't feel anything about it anymore. I just glance and keep going about my business. Why bother. Its easier just to push the shopping cart down the isle and go about my business for the rest of the day. Versus trying to talk to her and go through BS, just to possibly get shot down(which I'm fine with) and get trashed talked about to her buddies. Rejection is a part of life and I'm fine with it. It just seems that EVRY girl I look at and think is attractive and I want to get to know them, automatically means I can't even get their phone number. Jeez.
Why do you assume she trash talks you to her friends? Moreover, why would you approach someone like that in the first place?

Old 09-05-2014, 06:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Why do you assume she trash talks you to her friends? Moreover, why would you approach someone like that in the first place?
Self image problem.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:45 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,834,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Yeah... especially in the absence of allowing yourself to enjoy being single.
Which you still haven't done... Do that.

Spot on post.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I have had very, very long stretches of being single, although I am currently in a committed relationship. As I entered into this relationship at age 42, I was in a pretty different position than a guy in his 20s.

To answer the above question, I never stopped caring. However, I did accept the fact that I might be alone for the rest of my life. How? Well, it certainly appeared that way given that I had dated for 20+ years but had not had a long-term relationship in quite some time. It's a matter of simply changing your mindset. I attended a Tony Robbins speaking engagement a few years ago, and the most important takeaway was "If life doesn't match your blueprint, and circumstances are outside your control, change your blueprint." Quite simply, you have to change the things you can, accept what you can't change, and adjust your expectations accordingly.

The easiest way to be happy is to stop obsessing over everything you don't have and start being grateful for everything you do have.
Awsome post! These are the lines I'm trying to train myself to think on.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Because it happened on one occasion before. Now I just make assumptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships