Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:07 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am like this too.. I've even gone on vacations all by myself. It doesn't mean I don't like people or hanging out with them. I like people and I am very sociable (and introvert isn't "shy"... those are two separate things). I just like my space every now and then... my "me time."
This. My sister thinks I'm a freak for vacationing by myself. But there are huge advantages to that: getting to do whatever I want the whole time and not having to listen to my roommate snore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
This. My sister thinks I'm a freak for vacationing by myself. But there are huge advantages to that: getting to do whatever I want the whole time and not having to listen to my roommate snore

Dude, tell me about it. Last year, I went to Vegas alone. Well, I went to an acquaintance birthday party but I traveled alone. (i barely knew the girl, and her friends, i didn't know at all) But since i never been to vegas, and since I was approaching 30, it was about time I went. Everytime I wanted to go, my friends didn't want to go, or when they did go, they told me too late. So when i was invited, I hesitated for a few weeks, but I said "F it," why not? Needless tos ay that i had alot of regret, shame, and debt. But it was fun.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:32 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
People that talk all the time never say anything have you even noticed that. People in my family do not think i make a good nurse because i am kind of an introvert but it not going to stop me.

I think woman would find it attractive in a man.

1. Introverts are highly observant. Often characterized as being “in their own heads,” introverts tend to note subtleties that their more extroverted counterparts might not pick up on right away. In a patient care situation, this could mean that introverted nurses may notice subtle changes in their patients’ health. Introverts are also constantly drawing connections and comparisons between their observations, allowing them to better understand how patient’s environment and treatment is affecting their changing health.
  2. Introverts are good listeners. Usually not inclined to talk anyone’s ear off, introverts tend to be excellent listeners, picking up not only on what is communicated verbally, but also through body language. Introverts are experts at taking in and processing a lot of information and cues. This skill could help introverted nurses understand and communicate with both patients and their families.
  3. Introverts are usually quite intuitive. Not only are introverts adept at taking in communicated information, they are also typically well-versed at “reading” people and acutely aware the unspoken thoughts and feelings of those around them. This gives introverts the ability to manage different personality types and anticipate how others may react to certain situations and circumstances. This trait will also prove beneficial in a patient care setting, as well as dealing with colleagues in high-tension hospital settings.
  4. Introverts prefer depth to breadth. Because introverts prefer depth of communication rather than surface-level conversations, it’s usually easy for introverts to develop meaningful relationships with people. This trait is extremely beneficial in cultivating rapport with patients and their families, putting them at ease. Introverted nurses will also likely take a great interest in the long-term history of a patient’s health and dig deeply to find the best possible care solutions for each individual patient.
  5. Introverts are often soft spoken. Their presence puts people at ease, which is especially helpful for providing excellent patient care, making both patients and their families feel comfortable and supported under otherwise stressful circumstances.
I know this about nursing and 5 Reasons Introverts Make Great Nurses but what woman would not find it attractive if a guy was like that vs running his mouth all the dam time.

5 Reasons Introverts Make Great Nurses

Old 09-05-2014, 12:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
People that talk all the time never say anything have you even noticed that. People in my family do not think i make a good nurse because i am kind of an introvert but it not going to stop me.

1. Introverts are highly observant. Often characterized as being “in their own heads,” introverts tend to note subtleties that their more extroverted counterparts might not pick up on right away. In a patient care situation, this could mean that introverted nurses may notice subtle changes in their patients’ health. Introverts are also constantly drawing connections and comparisons between their observations, allowing them to better understand how patient’s environment and treatment is affecting their changing health.
  2. Introverts are good listeners. Usually not inclined to talk anyone’s ear off, introverts tend to be excellent listeners, picking up not only on what is communicated verbally, but also through body language. Introverts are experts at taking in and processing a lot of information and cues. This skill could help introverted nurses understand and communicate with both patients and their families.
  3. Introverts are usually quite intuitive. Not only are introverts adept at taking in communicated information, they are also typically well-versed at “reading” people and acutely aware the unspoken thoughts and feelings of those around them. This gives introverts the ability to manage different personality types and anticipate how others may react to certain situations and circumstances. This trait will also prove beneficial in a patient care setting, as well as dealing with colleagues in high-tension hospital settings.
  4. Introverts prefer depth to breadth. Because introverts prefer depth of communication rather than surface-level conversations, it’s usually easy for introverts to develop meaningful relationships with people. This trait is extremely beneficial in cultivating rapport with patients and their families, putting them at ease. Introverted nurses will also likely take a great interest in the long-term history of a patient’s health and dig deeply to find the best possible care solutions for each individual patient.
  5. Introverts are often soft spoken. Their presence puts people at ease, which is especially helpful for providing excellent patient care, making both patients and their families feel comfortable and supported under otherwise stressful circumstances.
I know this about nursing and 5 Reasons Introverts Make Great Nurses but what woman would not find it attractive if a guy was like that vs running his mouth all the dam time.

those five reasons are why us introverts make great crew chiefs.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:17 PM

181 posts, read 192,194 times
Fellow introvert here

I sometimes cancel plans with people then do that same activity just by myself. I have come to accept myself just the way I am but I "hurt" people a lot because they expect me to be as extroverted as they are. Cheers.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:47 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post

Well male nurses are HAWT to begin with.

I'm also an introvert who has to flip a switch and be "on" when I am in public. People see me like that and assume I am outgoing, but once I go home I have to decompress and I can't be around people for a while after that. I prefer dating someone like me, because otherwise they just don't understand why I don't want to go out all the time and be social.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
I did that when I was single. I don't need to be around my friends all the time.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Op you sound like me.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:36 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
Would you get turned off by an individual who prefers to do things alone like going to the movies, restaurants, sporting events alone? Wouldn't you think it would be pretty weird if someone likes their own company so much that they prefer to do things alone then to depend on some friends to hang out? This individuals does have friends and does hang out with them, but from time-to-time, he/she likes to go out by themselves? Or would you think this independence would be attractive?
No more weird than a person who would constantly need to be with others.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:22 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Not wierd, but I am an introvert.

I have been known to go to the movies by myself if my wife is having a girls night or something.

I dunno. I am secure enough to go somewhere without feeling the need to be "seen" by someone. I would also rather enjoy something on my own before putting up doing something with someone I did not really want to spend time with. Being introverted means I tend to have a small circle of people I have any desire to spend considerably time with either.

So, nothing wrong with it. Introverts, I think, tend to also be very loving and giving to the people they are close to. They just tend to have smaller social circles, but are very close and caring towards them, instead of larger social circles with more casual friendships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships