Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 08:48 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times

Advertisements

and that is that she hasn't said "Thank you" or "Thanks" for the two dates I've taken her on. I don't know why, but it is just driving me up a wall right now. I will concede that, in total, I've spent like $20 on her, so it's nothing in the grand scheme. At the same time, though, I guess I was just raised on sir and ma'ams, and please and thank you's. Maybe I'm overacting? But it's certainly a turn off, at least for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 08:55 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
It's common courtesy. I can't blame you for being somewhat disappointed in that. I suppose you could keep dating her, but I'd wonder what other common courtesy she may be lacking... .

Old 09-06-2014, 09:01 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Have you thanked her for coming out with you?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:03 AM

58 posts, read 55,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Have you thanked her for coming out with you?
HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......

wait.....

baaaaahahahahahhahahaa

Old 09-06-2014, 09:05 AM

If I take a chick out for even a drink that I pay for and she doesn't say thanks, like she was entitled to it, she is immediately sent down to "will never consider for LTR" status.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson n Johnson View Post
HAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......

wait.....

baaaaahahahahahhahahaa
I'm not sure why this is so funny. Wait. Let me rephrase that. I'm sure why YOU think it's so funny, but it's really not.

The man I'm seeing always thanks me for going out when he asks me out. I also thank him when he buys me dinner, a drink, etc. It's called mutual respect.

I do think the woman should be thanking him for paying for dinner. Maybe she does have poor manner. OP, does she thank the waiter for bringing her meal and stuff like that?

Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I've gone on two dates with this girl and I believe there's mutual interest.
But there's one thing driving me nuts
She's a liberal?

Quote:
Maybe I'm overacting?
Probably.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure why this is so funny. Wait. Let me rephrase that. I'm sure why YOU think it's so funny, but it's really not.

The man I'm seeing always thanks me for going out when he asks me out. I also thank him when he buys me dinner, a drink, etc. It's called mutual respect.

I do think the woman should be thanking him for paying for dinner. Maybe she does have poor manner. OP, does she thank the waiter for bringing her meal and stuff like that?
I think it's funny that you expect to be thanked for coming out.

A woman's time is no more valuable than mine. To think that I should be thanking someone for spending time with me screams entitlement mentality.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson n Johnson View Post
I think it's funny that you expect to be thanked for coming out.

A woman's time is no more valuable than mine. To think that I should be thanking someone for spending time with me screams entitlement mentality.
Yeah so I guess you missed the mutual respect part.

Every man I've ever dated has thanked me for coming out with them. It's an ice breaker, at the very least, and shows that they are interested in spending time with me. It's not an expectation; it's something that has just always happened. I also thank them for the invitation. It shows that I'm glad to be there with them.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah so I guess you missed the mutual respect part.

Every man I've ever dated has thanked me for coming out with them. It's an ice breaker, at the very least, and shows that they are interested in spending time with me. It's not an expectation; it's something that has just always happened. I also thank them for the invitation. It shows that I'm glad to be there with them.
Whatever, I don't want to derail.

Bottom line OP, if she isn't thanking you IMO that screams an entitlement mentality, like she deserves free meals simply for being a woman and gracing you with her presence.

It rarely happens to me because I don't take 1st or 2nd dates to dinner, especially if were not sleeping together yet, but the times that it has, I just don't follow up for anything more serious. It screams, I'm a princess kiss my feet, and I just don't deal with that. Maybe I'll meet her at the bar if I'm going to be going to said bar anyway, but that's as far as it goes after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships