Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 02:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times

Advertisements

"They used to say I was ugly and wouldn't touch me"-Jay Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Its all on how you approach. I'm not being a creep by telling how much I love her, and showing I still care even after her rejection sometimes does make people retrace. I've seen it happen. Some girls are a bit shy and need some convincing.

I have never let anyone let go with a simple no. I need more convincing reasons than just a simple NO. It gives me no feedback to build upon. I'd rather take an insult as opposed to a no because inside every insult, there is a flaw to be fixed.
That is like the perfect example of a creeper in my opinion. It is creepy if you confess your love and it is not returned. At some point you just have to cut the cord and move on. It should not have to be this difficult. I still believe if she doesn't show interest right away it's not meant to be.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:16 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
"They used to say I was ugly and wouldn't touch me"-Jay Z
I got one better.

"Back then they didn't want it now I'm hot they all on it." - Mike Jones

Old 09-06-2014, 02:19 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I got one better.

"Back then they didn't want it now I'm hot they all on it." - Mike Jones
LOL.... plus it helps that ol Jay-z has got a little scratch, as Chris Rock said, if he was Jayz the bus driver, I doubt he'd have a hot woman like Beyoncé.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:22 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
That is like the perfect example of a creeper in my opinion. It is creepy if you confess your love and it is not returned. At some point you just have to cut the cord and move on. It should not have to be this difficult. I still believe if she doesn't show interest right away it's not meant to be.
Well, in my eyes everything is worth a second try. Why did she say no ? Isn't that something you would like an answer to. Perhaps its the way I think as a engineer. I'm never convinced with a yes or no answer. I always need substantial proof.

Let me give you a tid bit. My high school Calculus teacher in India hated me on sight while entering high school, and appreciated me to the core on leaving high school. How did he develop such a high level of respect for me ? It was simple. I did not let his scoldings, beatings, and humiliation in front of the whole class affect me. I didn't care for his "No, you can't make a passing grade" comments. I tried my level best and put in all my determination to prove my worth. It was my effort in spite of rejection and humiliation that strengthened his appreciation towards me. If I let go due to rejection, I would have never made it to college in America, I would have never got my engineering degree, I wouldn't be in GA tech for graduate school. I'd still be living the slum life in India. Don't be a sheep when someone says no to you. Find out why, and seek for the answer in each bit of humiliation to develop yourself for the better.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 09-06-2014 at 02:39 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 02:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Well, if I truly am in love with someone, I make them my friend first, and then start dating. During the friendship part, you get to learn a lot about the person. I won't date someone I have not been friends with before, that's 100 % sure.
I agree with you, I would never date someone who wasn't a friend first. I believe friendship is the basis of a good relationship. However the OP's thread is not about losing a long term lover, it's about being rejected by someone you don't really know well.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:41 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times
Quote:
Yes it does. If a woman says no to me, I move on and have no further contact with her. I usually shake it off pretty fast since I really haven't invested much and don't know her anyway. I don't play games, and women who play hard to get are not worth the time or effort. These kinds of games should end in high school.
MY DUDE!!!!!

I'm EXACTLY the same way. I'm too much of a catch to be waiting around for a stupid girl. There's too many girls out there for me to get stuck on one. But I never had a girl who told me no that actually wanted me.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:43 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,415 times
Quote:
Well, in my eyes everything is worth a second try. Why did she say no ? Isn't that something you would like an answer to. Perhaps its the way I think as a engineer. I'm never convinced with a yes or no answer. I always need substantial proof.

Let me give you a tid bit. My high school Calculus teacher in India hated me on sight while entering high school, and appreciated me to the core on leaving high school. How did he develop such a high level of respect for me ? It was simple. I did not let his scoldings, beatings, and humiliation in front of the whole class affect me. I didn't care for his "No, you can't make a passing grade" comments. I tried my level best and put in all my determination to prove my worth. It was my effort in spite of rejection and humiliation that strengthened his appreciation towards me. If I let go due to rejection, I would have never made it to college in America, I would have never got my engineering degree, I wouldn't be in GA tech for graduate school. I'd still be living the slum life in India. Don't be a sheep when someone says no to you. Find out why, and seek for the answer in each bit of humiliation to develop yourself for the better.
Actually, no it's not something I need an answer to. I just figure that I'm not her type and move on, simple as that. I'm fine with that, there are plenty of women out there why rack your brain trying to dissect why she said no? Again, life is too short for this.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:51 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Actually, no it's not something I need an answer to. I just figure that I'm not her type and move on, simple as that. I'm fine with that, there are plenty of women out there why rack your brain trying to dissect why she said no? Again, life is too short for this.
I don't move on without a satisfying answer, as simple as that. Like I said, I'd rather accept an insult as opposed to a simple No. I am immune to humiliation at this point and no longer feel its negative effects. It has happened enough in the past that I've grown to accept humiliation as a part of life.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 09-06-2014 at 03:01 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
I don't know why people are giving you such a hard time. I was always taught no means no, no exceptions. I am the same way. If she says no once, I take her word for it and move on. Life is too short to play games
I don't get it either. From the time I was a child my mom always told me "If a woman rejects you take her word from it and move on." No means no. I don't need to know why she rejected me. I take the hint and move on for good. Like you said, life is too short to play games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships