Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:16 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,476 times

Advertisements

Save your money and hug a tree instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 02:43 PM

564 posts, read 747,244 times
This is the strangest thing, I can't relate at all, I don't see how paying a stranger for hugs would help at all, since this stranger is only doing it because she's being payed, not because she cares about you. At least with a hooker you get to have some pleasure, but who knows, if you're lacking human contact and human touch that much it could help. Still strange though.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:29 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Maybe you just need to have more friends.

In my social circle friends hug each other. Women hug women and men, and men sometimes hug each other. The females lightly hug and a short almost air kiss on the cheek to male friends. Male friends may shake hands with male friends or a light hug depending on how close the friendship is.

It helps if there are European or Latin people in your group. I don't know how it got started, because I grew up in a very WASP home with no friendly hugs outside of family.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:50 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Save your money and hug a tree instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Maybe you just need to have more friends.

In my social circle friends hug each other. Women hug women and men, and men sometimes hug each other. The females lightly hug and a short almost air kiss on the cheek to male friends. Male friends may shake hands with male friends or a light hug depending on how close the friendship is.

It helps if there are European or Latin people in your group. I don't know how it got started, because I grew up in a very WASP home with no friendly hugs outside of family.
So true. I always caution my friends when I take them to meet my family members in Philadelphia or Puerto Rico that there will be an assembly line waiting to hug and kiss them

Old 09-08-2014, 04:32 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winrunner View Post

So true. I always caution my friends when I take them to meet my family members in Philadelphia or Puerto Rico that there will be an assembly line waiting to hug and kiss them
I still get thrown by the double kiss sometimes. ( one on each cheek) I'm always startled a bit.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:40 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
My body temperature is usually 1.25 F below the normal human temperature. Anyone here ready to hug an ice chest for cooling down .

Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
My body temperature is usually 1.25 F below the normal human temperature. Anyone here ready to hug an ice chest for cooling down .
So is mine

Old 09-08-2014, 04:45 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So is mine
Yeah, I'm always that wimp in NY wearing gloves when its 35 and sunny in the afternoon while most are in hoodies.

Maybe I should lift more weights ?

Old 09-08-2014, 04:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I charge $50 an hour, kid. But I'd give you a discount.

I saw and read about this service. One woman somewhere is making a fortune from all the men who desire simple, nonsexual affection. Cuddle Up To Me

I wonder, are there male cuddlers for women, too?
I know there was once a short-lived cuddling service in Madison, Wisconsin, and they had one man on staff. I'm pretty sure there are some entrepreneurial guys out there who have started their own business.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That'd be great if he was attractive. We could cuddle up and watch Netflix...

But I'd probably still want to make out with him so it wouldn't work.
So what kind of man would you cuddle with to just cuddle? I'm sensing an entrepreneurial opportunity here. I'm very nice, unthreatening, sweet and kind, not handsome but not horrifically ugly - more a teddy bear than anything else. Not someone women like, but someone women like.

I'm sensing that I might be the perfect guy for this gig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships