Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:55 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times

Advertisements

A few times lately I have posted about a former friend whom women threw themselves at. I have stated that I do not approach women because unless they behave towards me like they did towards him then they are not interested. Yet every time I am told I am completely wrong. How can it be wrong when it seems crystal clear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Mostly False. Women are less obvious about their interest. I do like assertive women to a point. However, I have a woman throwing herself at me currently, and I'm avoiding her like the plague. But if I found her attractive and normal, I'd like it. In my experience, its usually been women I have zero interest in who do this. Attractive women don't need to do it.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:13 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
False. Now, plenty of women will throw themselves at men they like. However, not all women are the same.

I am a woman, and I don't care how hot he is, I am not going to throw myself at a guy. We can go on some dates, and see where things go. but, takes more than looks for me to be that interested. The women that throw at your friend, apparently are more casual, and looking for fun, just like guys do. But women who want relationships or something more serious, are probably bound to not be as forceful, and wanna move a tad slower.

Once again, it's like if I comment that "men only care about hot slutty women." That would be false.

Not all men and women like the same stuff. Some things are indeed popular among more people, no doubt, but you'll still have people that care nothing for the popular stuff.

Like celebrity men. Women tend to like

Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Derek Jeter
Orlando Bloom
Ashton Kutcher
Leonardo Decapprio

These guys are apparently beloved by tons of women. I am not one of them, and don't see the appeal to them. Are they ugly? No. But I don't find them as hot as others make them out to be.

So, all it takes is one person to prove a generalization false. I am a woman. I am shy, so in the past when I thought guys were cute, I didn't approach and start flirting. Let alone throw myself at them, even though I was indeed interested, but this was years ago.

Your friend's life isn't the be all and end all for how things work. Where does he meet these women? And since you say women, there's more than one. So, he's apparently not sticking with just one is he? Chances are, those women and he, are only looking to have casual fun, and/or they're simply more outgoing women.

Plenty of women, like you, are afraid to approach because they hate rejection, even though they're interested. And some women, even if you approach and things go well, doesn't mean they're going to fall into your pants. Some women are more old-fashioned in that they take things slower. Then some are more outgoing, and they'll be very aggressive with a man they're interested in.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:16 PM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Some women are blatant. Others are more subtle. And still others are too shy to say anything. And some believe men should do the approaching, so even if they're interested in you, they'll wait for you to make the move. And if you don't, they'll move on. What I think is generally true (allowing for exceptions) is that if a woman is interested enough in you, she'll find a way to run into you and start a conversation. If she's already had a conversation with you somewhere, or has observed you and likes what she sees of your personality, she'll find a way to make an encounter and convo happen.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 PM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
False. Now, plenty of women will throw themselves at men they like. However, not all women are the same.

I am a woman, and I don't care how hot he is, I am not going to throw myself at a guy. We can go on some dates, and see where things go. but, takes more than looks for me to be that interested. The women that throw at your friend, apparently are more casual, and looking for fun, just like guys do. But women who want relationships or something more serious, are probably bound to not be as forceful, and wanna move a tad slower.
OK, wait. We have to define what we mean by "throwing themselves" at men.

OP, could you let us know what that means to you?

Old 09-07-2014, 05:18 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
False. At least for me it is.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
For the most part, false. But, I have seen women push and throw people around to get to a certain man and pretty much throw themselves at that guy.

I haven't seen it in a long while because the majority of my friends are in LTRs or married, but when they were single or were dating there future SOs and we'd go out to bars and other places, it happened quite a bit.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Some women are blatant. Others are more subtle. And still others are too shy to say anything. And some believe men should do the approaching, so even if they're interested in you, they'll wait for you to make the move. And if you don't, they'll move on. What I think is generally true (allowing for exceptions) is that if a woman is interested enough in you, she'll find a way to run into you and start a conversation. If she's already had a conversation with you somewhere, or has observed you and likes what she sees of your personality, she'll find a way to make an encounter and convo happen.
Since its never happened to me I will have to take your word for it. I've had women friends that liked being around me but no interest any other way.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:35 PM

326 posts, read 348,621 times
Quote:
So im unattractive to women because none of these thing happened to me.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
OK, wait. We have to define what we mean by "throwing themselves" at men.

OP, could you let us know what that means to you?
Women would come on to him constantly even when he had girlfriends and even a fiance. A different woman every night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships