Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 10:42 AM

326 posts, read 348,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What is for you, then? Is everything just a negative, or you have any positives going on? You voice lots of things that aren't for you, but haven't seen anything that is for you.
The positives are irelevant because they never helped me with women so I don't see the point in bringing them up. The stuff that I do help me avoid women and thats all there is to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Smart move. You should post a link here to help those who need help.
If I knew how to do that I would, but I can't lol

Old 09-08-2014, 11:41 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Since I have never seen such interest from women in my life, then clearly and logically speaking I am unattractive.
You have never had a woman smile at you or have a casual conversation?

That sounds like beyond the realm of possibility.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:48 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
I guess a woman throwing herself is more likely and as clear as water with a man who is a millionaire (which not every man is) which is quite common to see. As clear as men do with a woman who is hot and sexy which is not every woman.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
why should they? women dont want to appear as if they are easy. thus they tend to be very subtle in how they express an interest in men, and you need to learn the non verbal language of body language.

you also need to get into a womans head, figure out what she wants, what she doesnt want, and what makes her tick. start by reading cosmopolitan magazine, and other womens magazines. you dont have to get a subscription to them, but each of these magazines are written for women, and by women, so they can give you a lot of good insight to how women think. they give you good insight to a womens psyche, insight that you can use to your advantage.

another book to read is sun tzu's the art of war. there is a lot you can use in the dating world there also, sun tzu was one squared away dude, and very wise.
How'd he do with women?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:07 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
It seems pretty simple.

It depends on the women. Some may throw themselves, many will not. If you don't throw yourself at women, what makes you think they would be any different with you? Likely because they are shy or reserved.

Or, like MANY women, they aren't attracted/interested in men until they get to know them a bit. Which, often takes effort on your part.

As for your friends, some guys are like that, or they may just portray that friendly and inviting personality which makes them very easily approachable. It's not always just looks, it can be a lot of things. If a girl see's a group of guys, and one guy is clearly the life of the party/outgoing one, she will be much more likely to be interested in him or talking to him. I've slept with a disgusting amount of women, and verrrrrry few ever did all the initiative. Whether it was out, on dating websites, etc. Typically it took a bit of effort on my part, as it does most guys. Most women don't just see a guy and want to date/spread their legs.
In a very general sense, you have to "prove your worth" a bit.

When I was younger, I always had this feeling in the back of my head that if I had to WORK for her affection, that, deep down, she really wasn't into me, and instead, I basically wore her down. Therefore, the relationship wouldn't last once she realized what a tool I really was (not that I actually was a tool, I just thought she'd assume this over time).

However, that's not quite how female attraction works. Women take longer to fall in love (or however you want to describe it), but it's often deeper and stronger once it happens than a man's.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

It happens. Some of my friends have never had a woman smile at them in their lives.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:

Well, most of us have - even someone as unattractive as I am has had a woman smile at me or talk with me - but there is a huge difference between a woman being nice or congenial and her being interested. Ugly guys find that out early in life.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:

Smiles and casual conversations are indicators of friendliness not interest.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Smiles and casual conversations are indicators of friendliness not interest.
That's what I thought... and you know how many opportunities I have missed because of this thinking. Hundreds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships