Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 02:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
It a actually makes me afraid for my daughter and her friends who in a couple of years will be in college and dealing face to face with these freaks and creeps. Hopefully most of them are locked securely in their basements, too afraid of the world to come out...

But what about the rest? The ones with violent thoughts who are actually out there roaming around? I have actually talked to my daughter about the red flags to look for so she can be aware of the narcissistic, misogynistic misfits around her. Fortunately she has a good boyfriend, which I think is protective for her.

True story: A couple of weeks ago it came out that one of her friends (male, socially awkward, "nice guy") had been posting to his friends online that this was the year he was going to either "own her and bone her" or "tape her and rape her."

How is she supposed to feel about that? This guy was supposed to be her FRIEND. I have had him to dinner here at the house and let him spend the night when he couldn't get a ride home.

Crazy, huh?
Call his parents. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 02:55 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
aawwww, poor baby cant handle having to take the lead with anything. i repeat, life isnt fair, and it will never be fair. dont like having to step up to try and coax a woman to go out with you? tough. deal with it. besides, with the attitude you have displayed here towards women, why would ANY of them go out with you? i can tell you that if you were to try the things you suggested on this forum with my lady back in 2006, i probably would have let her kill you in the fashion that jamaicans are known for.

and i would have sat back and laughed at you for getting your butt whipped by a girl.
ya it's not fair, and yes I know that means it's not fair for women either but it is not fair for women in different areas in life but why is it that the areas in life in which life is not fair for women, not allowed to say that they have it fair in dating? because all they have to do is look good, show up, stand still and wait and a guy comes into their life, doesn't require much effort obviously.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
people say that women don't owe men anything, No man has the divine right to have a woman in his life, and how is that true the other way around when women are the ultimate chooser? women have the final say, all they have to do is say yes or no, accept or reject at the whim
well it is true that women dont own men anything. same the other way as well men dont own women anything. how does that change my post that you quoted?

Old 09-14-2014, 02:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
True story: A couple of weeks ago it came out that one of her friends (male, socially awkward, "nice guy") had been posting to his friends online that this was the year he was going to either "own her and bone her" or "tape her and rape her."

How is she supposed to feel about that? This guy was supposed to be her FRIEND. I have had him to dinner here at the house and let him spend the night when he couldn't get a ride home.

Crazy, huh?
That is disgusting and disturbing. I don't know if men have always been like this is some shape or form but I certainly know the internet has allowed them to have more of a sick voice. It's scary to think these weirdos are out there.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:57 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
It a actually makes me afraid for my daughter and her friends who in a couple of years will be in college and dealing face to face with these freaks and creeps. Hopefully most of them are locked securely in their basements, too afraid of the world to come out...

But what about the rest? The ones with violent thoughts who are actually out there roaming around? I have actually talked to my daughter about the red flags to look for so she can be aware of the narcissistic, misogynistic misfits around her. Fortunately she has a good boyfriend, which I think is protective for her.

Crazy, huh?
I get that every generation seems to complain about the next. I get it, standing back and getting a little historical perspective, it happened with every generation, nothing new about that.

But....

I really am fearful about things, I see way way too much stuff here and in real life as well, I don't know what it is......

It seems like by far away that it's the young men that are acting nutty???? I mean what is it??

I am thankful I don't have kids, and daughters in particular, cause if I did.... I'd wind up in jail if she brought home one of these nut jobs.....

I'd open a can of whoop ass so large I'd seriously wind up in jail.

And that's not even really a joke.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:58 PM

326 posts, read 348,755 times
Quote:
people say that women don't owe men anything, No man has the divine right to have a woman in his life, and how is that true the other way around when women are the ultimate chooser? women have the final say, all they have to do is say yes or no, accept or reject at the whim
I couldn't rep you again but women always say they don't owe men anything the other day a women was having trouble with her car and thats what I told her.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I get that every generation seems to complain about the next. I get it, standing back and getting a little historical perspective, it happened with every generation, nothing new about that.

But....

I really am fearful about things, I see way way too much stuff here and in real life as well, I don't know what it is......

It seems like by far away that it's the young men that are acting nutty???? I mean what is it??

I am thankful I don't have kids, and daughters in particular, cause if I did.... I'd wind up in jail if she brought home one of these nut jobs.....

I'd open a can of whoop ass so large I'd seriously wind up in jail.

And that's not even really a joke.
it makes me angry when I see a guy that is being protective of his girlfriend, how he confronts other guys when they are hitting on his girl, because I hate how girls expect guys, and guys basically treat or have their girlfriend as if like they own them, as if they are their property, it makes me want to say to a girls boyfriend when he tells me to leave his girlfriend alone "what if I don't leave her alone, then what? you can't make me do anything, I do what I want and when I want".

Old 09-14-2014, 03:06 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
The sh*t mogwai is saying really makes me want to tear my hair out.

I have never seen/heard such nonsense. I don't know any guy who thinks like that seriously. I get wanting to love and wanting to be loved by someone, but got damn, who takes it that far?

I really don't understand how someone can delude themselves so bad to the point where they need psychological help. I mean is it really that serious? Is the struggle this real to have someone to walk around with, hug, kiss, cuddle, and sleep with? Why is it so serious?!

Old 09-14-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The sh*t mogwai is saying really makes me want to tear my hair out.

I have never seen/heard such nonsense. I don't know any guy who thinks like that seriously. I get wanting to love and wanting to be loved by someone, but got damn, who takes it that far?

I really don't understand how someone can delude themselves so bad to the point where they need psychological help. I mean is it really that serious? Is the struggle this real to have someone to walk around with, hug, kiss, cuddle, and sleep with? Why is it so serious?!
i'm referring to the struggle to get that, not having it

Old 09-14-2014, 03:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
it makes me angry when I see a guy that is being protective of his girlfriend, how he confronts other guys when they are hitting on his girl, because I hate how girls expect guys, and guys basically treat or have their girlfriend as if like they own them, as if they are their property, it makes me want to say to a girls boyfriend when he tells me to leave his girlfriend alone "what if I don't leave her alone, then what? you can't make me do anything, I do what I want and when I want".
Step away from the computer.

Go get in your car.

Go seek out a therapist.

Quick and on the double.

Some of the stuff you are saying is beyond warped and frankly a little disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships