Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:21 AM

432 posts, read 362,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
In the past when I got a particularly hot GF I would love to basically show her off. Not in a rub peoples face kind of thing but more like a guy showing his new GF that he is proud to be dating.

Now when it came to exes or girls that put me in the friend zone I definitely liked putting snuggly pictures on FB.

Relationships are not meant to be 'shown off.' You're with somebody you're with them, nothing flashy you just have a good time. If you're showing off your spouse then you're either a gold digger or an egotistical loser- which is sort of the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 06:00 AM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
There are two levels . First is looks good enough and/or does things to get me attracted. That is a pretty low standard. Secondary I want someone who looks good enough that others are jealous of me and wondering how I made it to the big leagues. Ex girlfriends do not matter people get higher status from entire societies if their mates are of high status. And just walking together they can only measure looks and the perceived expense of the wardrobe and accessories

Old 09-13-2014, 08:45 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzer View Post
Relationships are not meant to be 'shown off.' You're with somebody you're with them, nothing flashy you just have a good time. If you're showing off your spouse then you're either a gold digger or an egotistical loser- which is sort of the same thing.
True.

I can understand when someone is proud to be with another person, because they are happy they are with them and want to show them off like "Meet so and so. This is my S.O. He/she makes me SO ELATED!!"

But, to show someone off like they are an 'object'? Lame.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,744,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, it's immature.

If a guy is that insecure that he feels the need to parade me around, like a dog pissing on everything just to mark his territory and prove himself, it would be a huge turnoff.
It is VERY immature.

I guess this is a question for young people (I'm 55), and frankly, I have NEVER had that experience! Then again, I was married from 18-41, so there's that!

Remarried again at 47 (eight years ago), my new husband admires my intellect and my ability to easily converse with a broad range of people on a broad range of topics. He admires my other "enduring" qualities that have nothing to do with physical attributes.

Men who are so focused on "looks" are worrisome, IMHO. It's a sign of immaturity and instability and superficiality.

We wonder how our great-grandparents stayed married throughout life? Back in the day, we met our mates at church socials and public school and through other local events. Relationships were formed slowly and carefully, based on commonalities and shared principles and similar backgrounds.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:08 AM

284 posts, read 340,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
No, it's immature.

If a guy is that insecure that he feels the need to parade me around, like a dog pissing on everything just to mark his territory and prove himself, it would be a huge turnoff.
The unfortunate irony is that the OP, who is parading around his "hot" date, is already suffering from premature balding due to steroid use

The things that people do to themselves...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships