Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:46 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Theories keep me distracted from depression, at least.
They also keep you distracted from having to deal with your own issues honey.

PLEASE PLEASE, get off the internet and this forum in particular. Not that we don't love you here, lol, it's just not helping you or in any way beneficial to you.

Depression is a horrible horrible thing. I am so sorry you suffer the way you do.

Here's the thing though, to ever recover from it, you have to take a proactive stance - one that will not allow you to deflect and distract yourself from dealing head on with your feelings.

Please stop all the thread making, all the wondering about relationship issues that you likely will never have to deal with. Focus instead on your recovery! You shouldn't have to live such a miserable existence, but it's up to you to change that for yourself okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 03:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Quote:
Forgive me, but you can't prevent other people from not divulging stuff.
You can politely ask them not to tell you about their freaky sexual escapades. If you need to know for your own insecurities then by all means ask.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Instead of making up theoretical relationship issues you would be better served going for a bike ride or taking a brisk walk. It helps you lose weight, clears your mind and is far more useful than sitting on your bum on the internet.
So true. He's GOT TO GET OUT AND GET BUSY DOING.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
What happens often in another forum is one person volunteers to person two that they've been with an x number of people (though there is an alternative scenario in which person two asks for the information from person one). Person two then posts on the forums that they are not comfortable with that. Following the post, there are people that tell person two is being insecure...

...Although I haven't had such scenario happen to me yet, this issue OFTEN tears apart relationships. How can a person learn to be secure in such scenario?

...Oh, in addition even IF the person secure there is still this:

1)It turns out that people described as "person one" lie about the number x
2)There have been studies that show that the higher x is, the more likely person one will cheat
3)If third persons become aware of what the number x is, if the number is too high, BOTH person one and person two will be called derogatory names.
Look I said it once and I will say it again.

A relationship is not going to solve your problems.

It is not a miracle cure.

It is not an "easy button."

You need to get out into the world and do something for yourself. You are too focused on having someone else a part of your life you are ignoring the feelings that are causing you to feel this way in the first place. You are in no position to be with anyone. Like I said in another post. People who think like you tend to glamorize a relationship in your mind when it is nothing like you believe it is.

You need to figure yourself and your issues out. YOU need to be your number one priority before you consider bringing someone else in your life.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Why would it be an issue? I would guess most of the women I've been with (that weren't married for a number of years) have been with more than me. So what? Most of them were just hook ups / FBs / flings, but not people they really wanted a relationship with. If I'm BF material to them I'm special, same as if they're GF material to me.

I do hear from my GF that her BF had problems with her number, but damn, they were together 8 years. All that shows is that he was insecure with himself. It had nothing to do with her.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
If she has tried out 10 men and chooses you, that should be a huge ego boost for you! And you know she will never cheat, because she knows you are the best of the best .

Old 09-08-2014, 06:45 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If she has tried out 10 men and chooses you, that should be a huge ego boost for you! And you know she will never cheat, because she knows you are the best of the best .
Yea, I'm not falling for that. Guy 9 said he heard the same thing.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
What happens often in another forum is one person volunteers to person two that they've been with an x number of people (though there is an alternative scenario in which person two asks for the information from person one). Person two then posts on the forums that they are not comfortable with that. Following the post, there are people that tell person two is being insecure...

...Although I haven't had such scenario happen to me yet, this issue OFTEN tears apart relationships. How can a person learn to be secure in such scenario?

...Oh, in addition even IF the person secure there is still this:

1)It turns out that people described as "person one" lie about the number x
2)There have been studies that show that the higher x is, the more likely person one will cheat
3)If third persons become aware of what the number x is, if the number is too high, BOTH person one and person two will be called derogatory names.
Okay, the only thing I'd worry about is STD's. By the way, Guy 9... nevermind, (he just walked into the room)

Old 09-08-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Theories keep me distracted from depression, at least.
Hey, if it works...

Helping others distracts me from my depression.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Don't ask don't divulge. Ignorance is bliss. People will find themselves happier that way.
You would think. Curiosity also killed the cat too. So, something to think about ol stormy boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships