Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:06 PM

20,687 posts, read 19,822,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
This thread took an awesome turn.

yeah, right? From a clean girl with lazy bf to pot smokers who obey the law!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:15 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,528,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
The house is completely trashed, it is always a mess, he still never cleans,
I spend my days off from work cleaning, at work I clean all the time.
I am exhausted.

As soon as I was medically released to go back to work...
All I want is some help around the house.

I am at a loss.
Kick his useless behind out TODAY.
Change the locks.
Don't look back.

hth

Old 09-09-2014, 05:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,946,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Are you still trying to join the Army?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
But you're man smokes more. Probably drinks too. And can't get his sh*t together. Pretty much loserville.

Dump him.

And fire your high school chemistry teacher.
He doesn't drink. I will occasionally buy a bottle of wine but not very often. I'm still not the loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Id say a trip to the dr would be better than smoking pot. They can give you something legal to take for sleeping
And then become dependent on it. Plus its not natural. A hit or two a night before bed of something non-addictive and grown in the ground works just fine. I haven't taken a single narcotic in over 3 months now and I am in constant pain. Just refuse to take such terrible crap. Plus Im mildly allergic to narcotics as well and yes I still need something that strong. My hips hurts and back hurts and I can't stay asleep due to the pain and its just awful. As far as I am concerned with my back I died in may and this is hell....

Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, right? From a clean girl with lazy bf to pot smokers who obey the law!
Oh dear god.
Seriously, then quit posting. Go away.

This has been a gradual decline in the relationship and I would have probably ended up leaving him long ago had it not happened but I thought ill take this time to see if we can reconnect and we didn't. I've been putting off and avoiding doing anything with I just can't cope with the stress. As I progress in my recovery, almost 100% but not there yet I am getting more and more fed up. Yes I am still clinging to what once was but I know I can't keep doing that.

I just want some effing help while he is still here figuring out if he wants to throw away years just because he can't be nice or help out or if he wants to change. Thank you all for your advice and words of support. If this house is still trashed once I get back from Cali it'll probably be a snapping point from me and I will tell him and his mother that he needs to start saving because he won't be living with me anymore.

I have always and will always be a good person. I like things to be clean and I do clean but in my current condition I can't get as much as I would like done and I need help with this. Don't sit behind your screen and try and paint me in a negative light. I am not a bad person, nor am I some lazy law breaking smoker. Alcohol was once illegal and there are many more people who go home and drink till they are drunk. I lead a very busy and productive lifestyle and I smoke before bed, still doesn't make me a bad person.

Obviously I am doing something right if I have been with the same job for pretty much a year with no plans to leave, I keep MY stuff clean and try to keep the shared space nice as well, pay my taxes, do what I need to do. I'm not high right now. I've been cleaning the bedroom that HE's trashed and my "bedroom". There's a lot to clean up after him, candy wrappers everywhere except for the wastebasket right by his night stand.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,923,061 times
OK... So fast forward 10 years and he is still doing nothing around the house and your sex life is nonexistent. What have you gotten from these 10 years?

Answer. 10 years older and less marketable.

Take the trash to the curb and move on. And before you get involved in another relationship try to figure out why you are attracted to losers. Don't date anyone who isn't your better or at least your equal.

And don't feel sorry for him. He got what he was asking for.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Let us know how hiding his controllers worked out....im going to say it didnt and wont.
Well if he doesn't clean I won't be giving the controllers back.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
OK... So fast forward 10 years and he is still doing nothing around the house and your sex life is nonexistent. What have you gotten from these 10 years?

Answer. 10 years older and less marketable.

Take the trash to the curb and move on. And before you get involved in another relationship try to figure out why you are attracted to losers. Don't date anyone who isn't your better or at least your equal.

And don't feel sorry for him. He got what he was asking for.
He wasn't a loser when I met him. He was working hard and trying to make something of himself. I just have always had it easier my whole life and when he met me I guess he got those benefits too. Like trips home neither of us had to pay for.

I've got a few guys right now who like me and think he's a jerk. I have options who aren't losers. Options who are happy with my new singleness. I haven't acted on them yet but he knows it could happen since we aren't together right now. We simply just still live together, hell I even sleep in a separate bed.

I told him straight up a few weeks ago that we aren't together and he can either save and leave or get on the same page, decision is his.

Doesn't mean that he is getting out of cleaning while he is still here. He's a roommate and they are supposed to clean too, even if it is an ex.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:34 PM

102,063 posts, read 107,021,171 times
Quote:
This should be interesting.

*cringe*

Old 09-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This should be interesting.

*cringe*
I payed for it.
I bought us some cool toys when I got one of my insurance checks.

Got a new tv, soundbar and PS4. All mine.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,273,279 times
Quote:

No. You're his mother in this scenario. Give him back to her. Today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships