Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 09:26 PM

15 posts, read 11,860 times

Advertisements

Mod cut: Video deleted.

Okay, so I'm 17 years old and I've never had a girlfriend. I've done a lot of research about what women find attractive and the one thing everyone seems to agree on is confidence. Most people that have seen the video think that I have a good personality or would be a good boyfriend, but it always comes back to the confidence thing.

As a result, I decided to start working on becoming a more confident person, but I've hit a mental wall. The thing is, I'm very confident about certain things, things I'm good at, but when it comes to talking to girls, I draw a blank. That's why I'm asking what's the best thing to say to women when you're introducing yourself. If I could just have one good, fool-proof line to use, I would feel much better about talking to them.

Any ideas?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-20-2015 at 07:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 09:32 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,294,356 times
There aren't any lines.

Hi, my name is X. what's your name?
Blah, blah, blah,
Blah, blah, blah.
You're cool, we should hang out sometime.

Then some variation of the below:

What are you doing on X.
I'm having a party on X, you should come.
Let me get your number.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,654,285 times
Hi, how are you. Im Korodno, whats your name.

The same way youd talk to anyone, except that youd like to see her again and do something fun together. Have a conversation and find out what she likes to do and whether you can participate with her sometime, or go bowling or to an amusement park or festival, a museum or something both of you would like. When you spend time together you learn a lot about how you would get along. If shes sweet and you enjoy doing stuff with her, then you can compliment her and let her know that you like her and want to see her again.

Don't use pick up lines or anything like that. Just be natural as if youre making friends. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2015, 10:01 PM

94 posts, read 89,572 times
When you meet someone new and you're interested in getting to know them, how do you behave? You listen to what they say, ask follow up questions about their interests/hobbies, etc. They ask questions about you, and if there is chemistry the conversation (hopefully!) flows. Don't psych yourself out just because she's female! Easier said than done, but you're 17 and not alone in this - it takes practice. In my teens I was a shy person, and it helped to put myself out there. It got easier and easier to meet people

Old 01-19-2015, 10:01 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,399,274 times
Do you like movies?

Yes

"American Sniper" is nominated for the Oscar, it opens next week, maybe we can go.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:02 PM

733 posts, read 1,761,549 times
Whatever you do, don't get any ideas from social experiment videos on Youtube. You'll see a lot of guys simply ask a girl to put her number in their phone and the girl does it, but what you don't see are the hundreds of times they are denied. Even though I'm not great in those situations either, I really do think it's about confidence. If you go up to a girl, simply introducing yourself and talking about the situation at hand could go a long way. For example, if you see a girl on a trail walking her dog, go up to her, comment about her dog then start by talking about the nice day, then about whether she goes walking often. Then just go from there. Just don't approach girls in groups. They typically act completely different when they are with friends.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,637,143 times
Smile and introduce yourself. Be good listener and ask questions. The more you do it the better you get at it.

It is difficult at first, because putting yourself out there is not easy. That will pass. Over time your confidence will grow.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:15 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,092,199 times
If your drawing a blank on what to say to the girl when you approach then your putting too much pressure on the situation to turn it into something.

Just talk really. Small talk. Same stuff you would do if you suddenly met or introduced to any other person in a situation where you had o romantic/dating interest or pressures involved. (Meeting new member or a sports team, class mate, co worker, etc).

Women are people too.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:25 AM

545 posts, read 635,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodno View Post
Mod cut: Video deleted.

Okay, so I'm 17 years old and I've never had a girlfriend. I've done a lot of research about what women find attractive and the one thing everyone seems to agree on is confidence. Most people that have seen the video think that I have a good personality or would be a good boyfriend, but it always comes back to the confidence thing.

As a result, I decided to start working on becoming a more confident person, but I've hit a mental wall. The thing is, I'm very confident about certain things, things I'm good at, but when it comes to talking to girls, I draw a blank. That's why I'm asking what's the best thing to say to women when you're introducing yourself. If I could just have one good, fool-proof line to use, I would feel much better about talking to them.

Any ideas?
Just throw yourself in and then develop / trust your wits. Using canned stuff will make you think the whole process is systematic, or that it is even a process at all.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,314,649 times
Hello ____, my name is Chemistry_Guy, but the women I have dated and the teammates who have seen me in the shower call me "horse."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships