Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:10 PM

47 posts, read 239,601 times

Advertisements

And If So Where Are You Looking? I Have Been A Widow For 12 Years. Sometimes I Think I Would Like To Have A Honey In My Life. Other Times I Am Sure I Don't. After Awhile We Do Get Set In Our Ways Don't We? Wonder Which Side Will Win Out? I Was Happily Married, Now Am Happily Single, But Still Sometimes I Just Wonder If I'm Missing Something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 07:12 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
In my experience it's been fun to be single and it's great to be in love. (with the right person of course) I have single friends and married friends, the single wish they had someone special and the married wish they had more freedom and time for fun with friends. I have a boyfriend of almost three years and I would much rather be with someone I love, I think that's what life is all about. When I was single I wasn't unhappy but there were definatly times I had someone, especially when going to places where it's mostly couples. Did you see the first Bridget Jones movie? It was so funny and I was single at the time and could totally relate. If you do decide to start dating the internet is great! That's where I met my boyfriend. It opens up the opportunity to meet people you would have otherwise never met. If you are interested in trying it I can give you some tips, just let me know. Either way good luck to you and much happiness.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM

I Haven't Seen Any Bridget Jones Movies, But Will Check It Out. I Love Comedy. And We Can All Use Another Laugh. About The Internet Dating, It Might Work, But Then Again I Like The Idea Of Meeting Someone That Was Introduced By Someone I Know. But Like All Affairs Of The Heart I Think Success Or Failure Can Be Found On Either Avenue. Especially If It Is Meant To Be. We Were Chatting At Church About Mates Or The Lack Of And Some Married Folk Laughingly Remined Us To Watch What We Pray For... Lol But Its True. I Think I'll Be Happy Either Way, But If You Have Tips Plase Send Them On. If It Doesn't Help Me It May Help Another

Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram View Post
I Haven't Seen Any Bridget Jones Movies, But Will Check It Out. I Love Comedy. And We Can All Use Another Laugh. About The Internet Dating, It Might Work, But Then Again I Like The Idea Of Meeting Someone That Was Introduced By Someone I Know. But Like All Affairs Of The Heart I Think Success Or Failure Can Be Found On Either Avenue. Especially If It Is Meant To Be. We Were Chatting At Church About Mates Or The Lack Of And Some Married Folk Laughingly Remined Us To Watch What We Pray For... Lol But Its True. I Think I'll Be Happy Either Way, But If You Have Tips Plase Send Them On. If It Doesn't Help Me It May Help Another
When you read the love story thread you'll see I met my husband when I started going to church again. I do think you should pray about it.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Church Goer

I Started Back To Church Less Than A Year After My Husband Passed Away 12 Years Ago. I Couldn't Imagine What God Had In Store For Me, I Still Wonder. Thats Why I Ask For God To Lead, Guide And Direct Me In All Things. To Use Me Daily To Do His Will. This Prayer Gives Me Comfort.... Even In A Traffic Jam And Running Late I Know All Is Well. I Must Be In The Right Place I Believe That God Uses Each Of Us When We Don't Even Realize It. If It Is Meant To Be I Too Will Meet A Wonderful Christian Man. I'll Settle For No Other Than A Child Of God.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram View Post
I Started Back To Church Less Than A Year After My Husband Passed Away 12 Years Ago. I Couldn't Imagine What God Had In Store For Me, I Still Wonder. Thats Why I Ask For God To Lead, Guide And Direct Me In All Things. To Use Me Daily To Do His Will. This Prayer Gives Me Comfort.... Even In A Traffic Jam And Running Late I Know All Is Well. I Must Be In The Right Place I Believe That God Uses Each Of Us When We Don't Even Realize It. If It Is Meant To Be I Too Will Meet A Wonderful Christian Man. I'll Settle For No Other Than A Child Of God.
Good for you!!!! Don't ever settle for anything less! I want to encourage you to keep praying that prayer. I believe everything happens for a reason. I also believe if there is someone out there for you the Lord will send him to you when the time is right, in mean time just stay as close to HIm as you can let him lead you and guide you. My mother still tells me read your Bible ( and I'm so glad she does). My husband lost his first wife in a car accident and he was single for 12 years before he met me.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:55 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
I was single (divorced) for 21 years, before I FINALLY met my now wife. Did I like being single......NO, NO, NO. Actually, for the first 6 months it was ok, but after that I started looking, looking and kept looking. It had gotten to the point that I was getting really desperate to meet the "woman of my dreams". But, what I was meeting sure wasn't the "woman of my dreams"......not by a long shot. I tried the Internet (no luck), tried the "bar scene" (definitely no luck) and tried the Personal Ads (after placing a couple, that finally worked).
I love being married, as does my wife.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 AM

673 posts, read 4,069,931 times
Yes, I am single but I really dont know if I am looking for a relationship or not. But someday I want to have a relationship with someone. I guess relationships just sort of happen over time and can not be planned for. I just figure someday things will hopefully fall into shape.

I am going to be 25 in July and still have not had a relationship yet.

Oh well, I am not stressing about it whatever happens relationship or not I am okay with it at this point.

Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I am a 60 y/o widow of 4 years and find myself in the same situation as you. I would like to meet that special someone. I have met and dated several nice men using internet dating but there are a lot of weirdo's out there too. Too many of the men I have met only want to do what they like to do. Like the guy I am dating now. He only likes movies that contain violence and shoot em up movies. Of course, I like chick flicks but I also like funny movies. He likes to eat at buffet restaurants and I prefer to eat food that is something I wouldn't cook for supper. I think you are right about getting set in our ways. I kind of like being on my own but it would be nice to have a special someone.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Well, I am married but will probably be single in the very near future. I've already been looking - but haven't acted on anything. I am actually very much looking forward to being single again. I do have a favor to ask of you folks though - if you EVER hear me mention that I am getting married again, please, please, PLEASE feel free to take me out in a parking lot somewhere and beat me senseless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships