Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 AM

6 posts, read 3,710 times

Advertisements

So my gf broke it off with me a 3 weeks ago because I wasn't around her as much as she needed. We'd fight a lot about it. Me saying I'm around a lot and doing the best I can. Brought me back 3 times. But recently maybe she just got tired of it. Then blocked me on Facebook. She really is in love with me and told me 2 months into being together. She'd also get emotional when we fought, like she wanted to be with me. Recently my mother and her messages each other. ( My mother loved her after me bringing her around to meet her multiple times). She told my other we broke up cause I wasn't around as much as she wanted me to, and that "he's a really great guy that will find a girl that's less needy as her."
My mother told her about my past and how bad I dealt with a divorce when I was younger and other things blah blah. She told my mother that she feels awful, I'm assuming about what she read. My mother thinks if I think this in the one for me to keep trying, and to send a message just saying "thinking of you and wanted to say hi see how things are going" nothing mushy.
Is this that way to go after what just happened? After over 3 weeks I really think this is the girl for me. And trying to change for her. Resently I was invited out for dinner with a bunch of people by a friend. I accepted, but only if she was alright with it too. She knew I was going and said she's ok with going also. During the dinner I noticed her staring at me a lot. Twirling her hair, which she NEVER did, and got drunk. I know she has feelings for me still. But I think she has this mind set that I can't change to be around her as much as she likes. Which I know I can do. I'm constantly thinking of her and the times we spent.
What should I do. I want her by my side and in my life again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,896,327 times
All you can do is learn. Learn how treat others with respect and threat others well. It is also important to remember the world doesn't revolve around you. You will not get her back... I think that is what you were asking.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,644,328 times
Sounds like a disaster. It sounds like both of you aren't right for one another with constant fights. Do you want that again? I think you should move on, take some time for yourself and do some soul searching. Find another woman at a later time when you have done that soul searching.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,026,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew508 View Post
So my gf broke it off with me a 3 weeks ago because I wasn't around her as much as she needed. We'd fight a lot about it. Me saying I'm around a lot and doing the best I can. Brought me back 3 times. But recently maybe she just got tired of it. Then blocked me on Facebook. She really is in love with me and told me 2 months into being together.

She'd also get emotional when we fought, like she wanted to be with me. Recently my mother and her messages each other. ( My mother loved her after me bringing her around to meet her multiple times). She told my other we broke up cause I wasn't around as much as she wanted me to, and that "he's a really great guy that will find a girl that's less needy as her."

My mother told her about my past and how bad I dealt with a divorce when I was younger and other things blah blah. She told my mother that she feels awful, I'm assuming about what she read. My mother thinks if I think this in the one for me to keep trying, and to send a message just saying "thinking of you and wanted to say hi see how things are going" nothing mushy.
Is this that way to go after what just happened?

After over 3 weeks I really think this is the girl for me. And trying to change for her. Resently I was invited out for dinner with a bunch of people by a friend. I accepted, but only if she was alright with it too. She knew I was going and said she's ok with going also. During the dinner I noticed her staring at me a lot. Twirling her hair, which she NEVER did, and got drunk. I know she has feelings for me still. But I think she has this mind set that I can't change to be around her as much as she likes. Which I know I can do. I'm constantly thinking of her and the times we spent.
What should I do. I want her by my side and in my life again.

I understand you need her badly. But why your mother wanted speak about your divorce? I think you just need to move on. Going back breaking up again move in honestly for me that is not a life. Honestly from your story I understand you two are not a good click. And next time don't introduce your mom till you get to know your girl better.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,002,788 times
Too much Drama!

Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 AM

That's for the advice. I do love this girl dearly. I feel like I'm letting the one go.
I feel like it's an way fix, just needed to talk more with each other.
Think down the line we can be together again? I know she still had feelings.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurch View Post
I understand you need her badly. But why your mother wanted speak about your divorce? I think you just need to move on. Going back breaking up again move in honestly for me that is not a life. Honestly from your story I understand you two are not a good click. And next time don't introduce your mom till you get to know your girl better.
Yeah I'm not sure why she talked about the divorce, probably to show her why I'm so ****ed up in life. Ha
No but I think about this chick all day every day. I know we can work things out if she's up for it. We just needed to talk with each other.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,644,328 times
Quote:
That's for the advice. I do love this girl dearly. I feel like I'm letting the one go.
I feel like it's an way fix, just needed to talk more with each other.
Think down the line we can be together again? I know she still had feelings.
Let her go. As a woman, I can testify that she might appear to still have feelings, but it might be from the fact she hasn't gotten over you yet. I give it a few weeks tops and most likely she'll move on. I suggest you do the same: learn from this experience.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,992,794 times
She wants you badly, giving you all the signs, however can you be with her as much as she wants?You guys seem young give it a try, but bewarned needy ladies can be a pain.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,416,702 times
Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure why she talked about the divorce, probably to show her why I'm so ****ed up in life. Ha
No but I think about this chick all day every day. I know we can work things out if she's up for it. We just needed to talk with each other.

Then go talk to her and ask her what she wants to do because no one here knows either of you and cannot even start to guess what this girl wants to do.

It appears that you have time to be on the computer though so why no time for her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships