Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 8,336 times

Advertisements

My name is Ilya.
I've been trying to find a loyal woman for a while. I've tried internet dating for a while the most. But all I keep finding are women who just want to have fun and not care about me. They show up when they're bored or lonely, but not when I need them. When I'm sick or just not feeling well, they say they're too busy or tired or whatever. Are there any loyal, devoted women left in this world, or is everyone just out for themselves? And if there are any left, HOW DO I FIND ONE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 09:33 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Here are some ideas:
1. Find a church or spiritual home and go to events through it, many also have singles groups
2. Take dancing lessons and go to dance classes and dance events. You get to know people with similar interests in a relaxed enjoyable social setting.
3. Make friends with women through common interests whether it is a class or club or hobby. Getting to know someone as a person first not just a date is a good recipe for success.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:19 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,051 times
Many, if not most, women are loyal. it's just a question of who they are loyal to.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Also, be the things you want. If it's kindness and goodness and helping others, then be those things yourself in your own life (kind, good, help others). Live the things you desire to find in another, so it paves the way for them to blossom in your own life experience.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
Also, be the things you want. If it's kindness and goodness and helping others, then be those things yourself in your own life (kind, good, help others). Live the things you desire to find in another, so it paves the way for them to blossom in your own life experience.
This is spot on. I don't know if it's the case with you, but if you are expecting them to do things for you that you wouldn't do for them, then that's what is wrong. Be the kind of person that you are looking for, and it will happen sooner or later.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilusha2 View Post
My name is Ilya.
I've been trying to find a loyal woman for a while. I've tried internet dating for a while the most. But all I keep finding are women who just want to have fun and not care about me. They show up when they're bored or lonely, but not when I need them. When I'm sick or just not feeling well, they say they're too busy or tired or whatever. Are there any loyal, devoted women left in this world, or is everyone just out for themselves? And if there are any left, HOW DO I FIND ONE?
Perhaps you haven't shown yourself worthy to be loyal to. And I'm not suggesting that you aren't worthy of loyalty, but more that you haven't shown these women that part of you yet. Refer to rule number 2 in the movie The Tao of Steve... you must show do something excellent in her presence, therefore proving your (sexual) worthiness.

Women do want to find their Prince Charming to settle down with, but you need to prove to them that you are their Prince Charming. Also, stop being their doormat if you see that they are using you, that you supporting them as a friend, but they are not there for you.

Since internet dating hasn't worked for you, instead get involved in other activities, particularly ones that aren't there just to promote dating. Just make a lot of friends of both sexes and from that group, find a girl to date. If she is truly your friend, she will care about you and be concerned when you are not feeling well.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 8,276 times
All I can say is good luck in the search....OR maybe stop searching so hard and just let "the one" find you.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilusha2 View Post
..Are there any loyal, devoted women left in this world...?
According to what I hear, there are plenty of then in the Philippines, Thailand, and Russia. All you have to do is get a catalog and pick one out.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:02 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,806 times
A loyal woman is dependent on the values that a woman holds dear. She is not in the church, she is not in another country, she is everywhere. The task is for you to find yourself with one who not only has moral values that she lives up to, but also one that you are very compatible to. I know for a fact that you can't trust anyone based on religion or nationality, you have to trust them based on what's inside; and that's her heart. Bottom line is, don't give up, take your time to get to know this person and you will see whether or not she is worth YOUR time. There are good women out there who are loyal, loving, outgoing, domesticated, considerate and caring, you just have to pray and let God do what he does best.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Another thought, since you mentioned internet dating sites, is that you are coming off as too needy and too eager to date any woman that will be friendly to you. Hold back a little and get to know them better before considering them your friend. Right now, all of these women sound like only acquaintances and fair weather friends, not friends in the true sense of the word. These women are not worried about you telling them to buzz off, they are just using you and probably seeing how many guys they can collect who will just be at their beck and call.

Grow a little backbone and be more selective about who you spend time with. And in terms of spending time with them, do more than just go to bars and clubs and buy drinks for them. Take one of them out to lunch and do something classy like take her to a museum. Go bicycling or play some tennis, or whatever else you like to do. A girl that enjoys doing the same kinds of things as you is the one that you want to have a friendship or relationship with. And don't rush into the love stuff. Take your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships