Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:25 PM

615 posts, read 726,375 times

Advertisements

I know a girl who is always in and out of relationships. But the thing is, when she's in a relationship you never really hear about it other than through the grapevine. Doesn't say she is Facebook, never see her in pictures with the guy, and she hangs around a ton of guys as friends (me being one of them), sometimes one-on-one. Someone explain women like this to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,043,246 times
Are you a friend, or an "orbiter"?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Why would she announce her relationships on Facebook if she is always in and out of relationships?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,194,363 times
Well some are discreet in their love lives, because it's nobody's business but them and their lover. Some people are just not vocal and drawing attention to their relationships.

So, what reason does she have to tell people about it? And who knows. Does she have any female friends? If so, it's possible she does the girl and relationship gabbing with them.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well some are discreet in their love lives, because it's nobody's business but them and their lover. Some people are just not vocal and drawing attention to their relationships.

Yup.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
I know a girl who is always in and out of relationships. But the thing is, when she's in a relationship you never really hear about it other than through the grapevine. Doesn't say she is Facebook, never see her in pictures with the guy, and she hangs around a ton of guys as friends (me being one of them), sometimes one-on-one. Someone explain women like this to me.
Good for her, someone who still understands the concept of privacy and discretion

Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 PM

615 posts, read 726,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Why would she announce her relationships on Facebook if she is always in and out of relationships?
I never said the word "announce." I was talking about having the profile relationship status set to In a Relationship.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:50 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
You must mean my daughter. And I have no idea why she does what she does except that she was once in a "serious" relationship all over FB, back when that first came on the scene, and was frustrated when the relationship ended and it looked like her whole life had revolved around him.

She now has a very selfish FB with mostly pics of herself and her friends who are only friends and are likely to stay that way.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:59 PM

845 posts, read 2,832,596 times
Neither of my grown daughters have any pictures of their steady boyfriends on their Facebook site. Neither do their boyfriends have pictures of them on their Facebook sites. One daughter has lived steadily with her BF for 3-1/2 years, and the other has lived with her BF for over a year.

One of my cousins has no picture, nor mention of her husband (of 20 years) on her Facebook site, but rather has hundreds of pictures of Cats. (She is the founder and head of a national cat rescue organization). I don't know how he tolerates this slight - if I were him, I
would be insulted.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:01 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane View Post
Neither of my grown daughters have any pictures of their steady boyfriends on their Facebook site. Neither do their boyfriends have pictures of them on their Facebook sites. One daughter has lived steadily with her BF for 3-1/2 years, and the other has lived with her BF for over a year.

One of my cousins has no picture, nor mention of her husband (of 20 years) on her Facebook site, but rather has hundreds of pictures of Cats. (She is the founder and head of a national cat rescue organization). I don't know how he tolerates this slight - I personally would be insulted.
Insulted? Why?

Perhaps he has asked her NOT to put his pictures up to retain his privacy

Don't assume it's a bad thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships