Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM

672 posts, read 2,125,257 times

Advertisements

OK, now here's my view of all this. This idea that only men who cheat like to send flowers etc. is simply not true. I don't cheat, and truly enjoy sending flowers, cards, and buying little gifts, even when there is no special occasion. Still, the first couple of years of our relationship were hard on me because of the fact that her ex-husband DID cheat, and would do these things because of a guilty conscience. Thats just some more of that old "paying for someones else's misdeeds" I guess. But to the OP I would say that whatever you do, it will probably work out best, if you can just keep it simple. For me, I would mostly just enjoy a good evening of quality time together. A good meal someplace we both enjoyed. All electronic devices turned off. You know, just good un-interrupted conversation, maybe a stroll out by the water somewhere. No cell phone calls to destroy your time together. My fiance and I once went on a boat cruise that was only about two hours long, but it is one of my greatest memories. Of course, you and your husband might not be the "outdoor" types. I have no way of knowing what you enjoy. But use the idea that seems best to your thinking, and I know you'll have a great and memorable evening. Main thing to remember I believe, is cell phones, and other electronic things that distract need to be OFF!! That's a pet peeve thing for me, so feel free to ignore that advice, but at least consider it, ok. In closing, allow me to wish you good luck, and say congratulations on your upcoming special day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 07:14 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
OK, now here's my view of all this. Main thing to remember I believe, is cell phones, and other electronic things that distract need to be OFF!! That's a pet peeve thing for me, so feel free to ignore that advice, but at least consider it, ok.
Dennis, That is such a big reminder! I have been in a relationship for a few months (not sure yet how to define it though) with a wonderful man. The first time we were able to spend any serious private time together, he immediately turned his cell phone off. That gesture spoke volumes to me about where his focus and attention was. That phone is his lifeline to work and his kids. It made me feel like I was the only thing he wanted to think about at that time! That's special!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
Collected_Eve - I think it's great that you're getting some ideas here. To take someone's else's idea and make it your own shows that you care greatly about your husband! Happy Anniversary to you both!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 AM

667 posts, read 2,300,555 times
It's amazing how absolutely kind, caring & cool people can be!

Dennis58: Your advise is great! And thanks a million for even giving some sincere ideas. Every bit of every post I've taken into consideration in my own way!

bluegrassgirl: You are SO sweet! Yeah, I'm thinking really hard, I do not want to overthink the day, though.
So, to take everyone's input & my own, it's working out great.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Yup - anniversaries and valentines day are lame. Hell, if I'm not reminded, I wouldn't even know if it was our anniversary. I'm bad like that, but hey, I don't cheat. Men who cheat probably make sure they treat their "loved one" very special on those occasions.

And romantic men? lol. Romance is for gay dudes. Get over it, ladies.
This post is a joke, right? I really hope so.

As for the OP, I suggest going to glasscards.biz and getting your lover a glass card. You can choose the design, what you want written on it, the font, etc. This is much more meaningful than jewelry or a watch or whatever. I did this for my wife a while back and she still gets goosebumps of joy every time she looks at it.

Edit: I just noticed how old this thread is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships