Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:22 PM

4 posts, read 16,784 times

Advertisements

I am a bit disappointed but now I know where I stand with the guy from work. Today I passed him and brought up when we would check out that place to see some ghosts. We had a long conversation again and when I saw that he seemed busy I told him that I would let him go and he kept saying no no no and to stay so I did. While we were talking about ghosts he started saying that his new girlfriend has been visited by ghosts. There is my answer....

By that point I wanted to already leave and go on with my day. He continued to talk to me and we were bringing up regrets we have from our past and things like that. He started to share that he used to be "bad" and would see girls while having a girlfriend already.

It's just friendship. He felt comfortable talking to me about relationships....

Not just men end up in the friend zone

I have the closure I need now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Okay I wish I could change my title. I'm not exactly friend zoned, but he made it clear to me where I would ever be. I will just continue to do the hi and bye thing that we did before I got to know him. We don't work alongside each other, but I frequently see him.

Oh well. Back to square one.

Last edited by Meg Griffin; 02-21-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 06:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,527,042 times
Women can be friend zoned also. It goes both ways. So you did not lose anything. Move on.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,717,803 times
The only difference between men being friend zoned and women being friend zoned is men always change their mind. He'll want you again, but by that time you'll have already moved on.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,713,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
The only difference between men being friend zoned and women being friend zoned is men always change their mind. He'll want you again, but by that time you'll have already moved on.
Not necessarily... I've been friend zoned by many men who have never and will never see me in a romantic sense. Men generally only change they're mind if you somehow get 'hotter' from my experience.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,183,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg Griffin View Post
I am a bit disappointed but now I know where I stand with the guy from work. Today I passed him and brought up when we would check out that place to see some ghosts. We had a long conversation again and when I saw that he seemed busy I told him that I would let him go and he kept saying no no no and to stay so I did. While we were talking about ghosts he started saying that his new girlfriend has been visited by ghosts. There is my answer....

By that point I wanted to already leave and go on with my day. He continued to talk to me and we were bringing up regrets we have from our past and things like that. He started to share that he used to be "bad" and would see girls while having a girlfriend already.

It's just friendship. He felt comfortable talking to me about relationships....

Not just men end up in the friend zone

I have the closure I need now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Okay I wish I could change my title. I'm not exactly friend zoned, but he made it clear to me where I would ever be. I will just continue to do the hi and bye thing that we did before I got to know him. We don't work alongside each other, but I frequently see him.

Oh well. Back to square one.
Ummm... yes, women do get rejected and friendzoned, but what you posted isn't evidence of exactly ... anything ... getting rejected or friendzoned.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,262,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not necessarily... I've been friend zoned by many men who have never and will never see me in a romantic sense. Men generally only change they're mind if you somehow get 'hotter' from my experience.
Hit the nail on the head.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 AM

19,842 posts, read 20,458,323 times
Quote:
..we would check out that place to see some ghosts. While we were talking about ghosts ...he started saying that his new girlfriend has been visited by ghosts.
Um, ok...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,183,907 times
Quote:
How was that not rejection? He kept going on about past relationships and telling me about his current girlfriend. I figure friendzone because he always stops to have these long conversations with me. I thought him wanting to check out this place in town where there are alleged ghosts was his way of asking me on a date but now I know it was just a friend thing.
Despite what women think, him not asking you out is not completely final of not interest.

I used to talk to a co-worker all the time about my girlfriends and stuff and in the end I was completely nuts about her.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM

29,804 posts, read 34,633,730 times
"Friend zone" is still such a stupid concept. Not everyone you meet is going to be available to you or interested in you romantically. Frankly, this is true for most people you meet. Not being interested is not something that they consciously did to string you along, and there's nothing you can do to make them feel differently about you. It's not really rejection when someone doesn't meet your expectations. It is what it is.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-22-2012 at 09:49 AM..

Old 02-25-2012, 06:31 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,938,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Um, ok...
I am glad you said it. I was thinking that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships