Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:31 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times

Advertisements

So I go to the mall a few times to shop for items every now and then. You meet people that are cool.

So one store I go to this sales associate helps me out with my style a bit, gets stuff in for me, helps a bit. He knows I am dating someone, or at least I mentioned it a few times, and he knows a few details about my job, my activities, etc. Just a cool guy.

He gave me his # one time (I've had other sales associates do this for business) but a few months ago he added me on Facebook. We're in the social media age. Cool.

So a few weeks ago he texts me 'Hey bud. Thought about ya today - hope you're doing good '. I responded and said hope he's doing well also, etc. I may have not seen him in six weeks which is normal.

Anyways I mention that I stopped by previously but he says "bummer, maybe we can hang out sometime if you want". I'm down I'm all for expanding my social circle.

The thing is that I think he is into me...a bit more than a friend. I can't confirm it but based on what I've seen on his Facebook I believe he is gay. I have NO problems with that and I have no problem with hanging out with him. In fact I would invite it. I just don't want to come off as offensive by assuming he is gay or into me.

But he does message me with "Hey hope your day went well " every now and then. I mentioned a tryout I did and he texted me wishing me luck and asking me if it went well. In person he just seems like a genuinely nice person.

So...I don't know if he is hitting on me or not lol. My girl thinks he is gay and said I should overtly say "My GIRLFRIEND...yadayada". What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 03:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Yes, drop a reference to the girlfriend a couple of times. It's the same thing women do to clarify a situation when they're not sure if a man is romantically interested. If he disappears or makes excuses why he doesn't want to hang out anymore, that's probably the reason.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:43 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
So one store I go to this sales associate helps me out with my style a bit, gets stuff in for me, helps a bit. He knows I am dating someone, or at least I mentioned it a few times,

So...I don't know if he is hitting on me or not lol. My girl thinks he is gay and said I should overtly say "My GIRLFRIEND...yadayada". What do I do?
It sounds like he's hitting on you. In spite of you making it clear you had an SO. Sales staff aren't supposed to hit up the customer base, even for friendship, so he's already crossed a line.

Here's what you do. Next time he mentions hanging out, tell him you & your gf are going out for drinks Friday night, and ask him if he'd like to join you. Then stand back and see what happens.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:00 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
So I go to the mall a few times to shop for items every now and then. You meet people that are cool.

So one store I go to this sales associate helps me out with my style a bit, gets stuff in for me, helps a bit. He knows I am dating someone, or at least I mentioned it a few times, and he knows a few details about my job, my activities, etc. Just a cool guy.

He gave me his # one time (I've had other sales associates do this for business) but a few months ago he added me on Facebook. We're in the social media age. Cool.

So a few weeks ago he texts me 'Hey bud. Thought about ya today - hope you're doing good '. I responded and said hope he's doing well also, etc. I may have not seen him in six weeks which is normal.

Anyways I mention that I stopped by previously but he says "bummer, maybe we can hang out sometime if you want". I'm down I'm all for expanding my social circle.

The thing is that I think he is into me...a bit more than a friend. I can't confirm it but based on what I've seen on his Facebook I believe he is gay. I have NO problems with that and I have no problem with hanging out with him. In fact I would invite it. I just don't want to come off as offensive by assuming he is gay or into me.

But he does message me with "Hey hope your day went well " every now and then. I mentioned a tryout I did and he texted me wishing me luck and asking me if it went well. In person he just seems like a genuinely nice person.

He's totally gay.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:05 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Mention your girlfriend a few times when you talk/text.

If he keeps it up, ask him if he is gay. If he says yes, then you tell him that you are not.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:11 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
So what if he is gay and wants to hang out? I have "hung" out with customers that I worked with and made good friends and ....guess what I was not looking to "hit" on them. I just thought they were nice.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:13 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
He's trying to turn you.

Old 10-06-2014, 04:15 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
He's trying to turn you.

That is probably correct. I had forgotten about the U.S shortage of gay men right now so there is a campaign to turn straight men going on right now so beware!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 04:16 PM

785 posts, read 953,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
So what if he is gay and wants to hang out? I have "hung" out with customers that I worked with and made good friends and ....guess what I was not looking to "hit" on them. I just thought they were nice.
I don't mind hanging out with him at all. Actually he seems pretty cool.

I just want him to know my limits and one thing that would help me in this situation is knowing his intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
He's trying to turn you.
lmao

Old 10-07-2014, 02:30 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:

He TOTALLY wants you!!

I'd probably say: "Cool. Can I bring my GF along? I'd love for you to meet her."

The dude needs to BACK OFF. He knows you're taken. Maybe he was hoping.. a little too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships