Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 02:07 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,946 times

Advertisements

Stop being friends? Unload the estrogen of emotions and how you feel about him, etc etc before knowing how he feels? "Accidentally" get married and knocked up in Vegas one night? Keep the feelings secret and never speak until he says something first? Start dressing pretty and sexy? Make sexual innuendos and flirt? Arrange more personal time to spend together and hope for the sensational-but-unlikely-in-reality "I've loved you forever" romantic movie kiss out of the blue? Kill all other potential love interests in his circle?

Do what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 02:33 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,517 times
Sorry I cannot understand. Is that the question how you show you like the person?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:01 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,946 times
Yes. Since this is considered to be a taboo and an endangerment to the boundaries in a non-romantic, genuinely caring intergender friendship, what are safe ways to do this?

Old 09-27-2014, 06:25 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Kiss her.

It's a hell of a lot better than saying the "I've been in love with you for years" thing, because that'll just creep her out.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Grab his azz.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:00 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Stop being friends? Unload the estrogen of emotions and how you feel about him, etc etc before knowing how he feels? "Accidentally" get married and knocked up in Vegas one night? Keep the feelings secret and never speak until he says something first? Start dressing pretty and sexy? Make sexual innuendos and flirt? Arrange more personal time to spend together and hope for the sensational-but-unlikely-in-reality "I've loved you forever" romantic movie kiss out of the blue? Kill all other potential love interests in his circle?

Do what?
I would only do this if the opposite sex friend was not involved in a relationship with someone else.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:34 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,068,851 times
So far all the people for whom I've had romantic feelings were either friends or acquaintances I met in daily life. To me that is the romantic and natural way to find love. Unfortunately, there is some incompatibility with my core personality (NOT a mental defect, mental illness, chemical imbalance, emotional issue or anything of that nature) that causes people to welcome my friendship but not anything further. For someone who doesn't have an incompatible personality, though, like I said, I think it is the romantic and natural way.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Kiss her.

It's a hell of a lot better than saying the "I've been in love with you for years" thing, because that'll just creep her out.
O.P. is a woman.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:05 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Let me give you a little encouragement first. Lots of guys will hang out with a woman friend, hoping that somehow she'll see how great he is and that they can become a lot more than friends.

I would agree. Don't let out till much later you've been carrying a torch for him for a long time. I know it sounds cliche, but maybe you could just have him over for dinner or go out to eat for what appears to be just a casual fun meal. Wear something a little sexy, but not over the top.. Have one drink too many, and then start flirting, touching him, cuddling up to him. You don't have to say anything. If he doesn't get the hint, he's got problems. Sometimes its easier to display how you feel in actions rather than words.

Btw, a girl did this to me in college and it worked. I got the hint.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:10 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Start flirting....begin to alter the dynamic of the relationship and see if he goes with it. If he seems to, then yes, make a move, such as a kiss or some obvious comment indicating attraction. Then play it by ear....he should be responding by then and there won't be need of some weird confession, but you will both come to some understanding (stay friends, date, etc).

I have no experience with this, so I'm just making this up .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships