Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 11:41 AM

10 posts, read 17,737 times

Advertisements

First off I have been happy married for 21 years; my wife is the love of my life, I am 43 she is 42. When we started dating 23 years ago she said she was single. Just found out she was but had a sex buddy for about a year and she was still sleeping with him while I was courting her and she said she still slept with him for about a month after we had sex. She even had sex with us on back to back days. I know it was a long time ago but it does hurt knowing I took her on dates but the other guy got the sex. And it does discuss me knowing I got sloppy seconds.

How would you feel about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 11:45 AM

138 posts, read 171,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan9399 View Post
First off I have been happy married for 21 years; my wife is the love of my life, I am 43 she is 42. When we started dating 23 years ago she said she was single. Just found out she was but had a sex buddy for about a year and she was still sleeping with him while I was courting her and she said she still slept with him for about a month after we had sex. She even had sex with us on back to back days. I know it was a long time ago but it does hurt knowing I took her on dates but the other guy got the sex. And it does discuss me knowing I got sloppy seconds.

I'd be irritated, but is it worth trashing 21 years over (assuming she's been faithful since that time)?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:46 AM

374 posts, read 393,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolefan9399 View Post

it was 20 years ago...Id say let it go.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:48 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,004,718 times
You won. She chose you for a lifetime commitment. It's the other guy who got the sloppy seconds.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
I'd be irritated, but is it worth trashing 21 years over (assuming she's been faithful since that time)?

She has been faithful. We are best friend. I am not going anywhere just shocked. Before I dated her I was in a very serious relationship for 4 years. We broke up because she cheated on me with my best friend.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,736,274 times
Mod cut.

This was 20 years ago, half your life. It's amazing she can remember anything before you. Let it go.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-02-2014 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Off topic.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:53 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,041,572 times
This is why you don't talk about your previous relationships with your current lover.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted). [

[SIZE=3]I can honestly say I was with no one else. I liked her and was doing my best to get things going with us [/SIZE]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-02-2014 at 12:38 PM..

Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,016,549 times
Let the past to be past enjoy the present.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:04 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,396,566 times
So a 21-year-old young woman had two sexual partners at once for a brief period of time two decades ago. You don't mention whether you had said you would be exclusive or not before you started sleeping together, so I suspect either you don't remember or you never did agree on exclusivity.

I'm going to guess you assumed exclusivity. She was not in a committed relationship, so it was perfectly reasonable for her to say she was single. You wanted a committed relationship and so you focused on her. She wasn't sure about you and held off a little longer.

Obviously, if you're posting about this online, you're upset about it. Otherwise, you'd just shrug it off and move on with life. But you have to admit, the younger you was a bit silly to be assuming you were on exactly the same page without actually discussing it frankly.

Now, if you DID discuss and agree to exclusivity and she was still sleeping with this other guy, well then you gotta decide whether you want to be angry at a 21-year-old woman who grew into the mature woman who is now your wife and the other half of your presumably happy marriage. Because I dunno about you, but I'm 38 and the person I am today is virtually unrecognizable compared to the 21-year-old me.

You may want to consider what it is in your personality that is causing you to dwell on this now. You're kind of typical mid-life crisis age right now - that's just an observation, but consider whether you might be working up to using your wife's long-ago whatever as an excuse for doing something you would normally not be able to justify to yourself. Are you looking for a reason to be unhappy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships