Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter with me if a poster disagrees with me, they might think I'm an idiot but I don't dislike them, maybe i would if I actually knew them but not over posting. I like all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
just wondering if y'all have a certain group of fellow posters that you seem to jive with and another that you seem to really clash with. it's the strangest thing since most of us havent even met face to face but i feel some kind of bond with certain people on cd but also have strong feelings of dislike for others. am i too emotional?
I don't post on all that many threads, but I read a bunch of them <g>....There are posters I feel an "affinity for" (for lack of a better term) and haven't really had any clashes with anyone.

I have read some that drive me crazy, which is probably why I don't post on certain threads - especially here in the Relationships forum - the ones who ask a question, ask for advice, get replies and then either don't come back or don't seem to really "listen" to what advice others give drive me bonkers.

I really can't say that I have a dislike for anyone I've read...of course I don't usually even read the more "heated" forums, if I did, then I might.

I enjoy reading what people post and frequently will rep someone anonymously if what they've posted is profound or just tickles my fancy - many on these forums have a wonderful sense of humor

Old 12-27-2007, 07:32 PM

283 posts, read 524,138 times
Personally I don't think I've clashed with anyone on here, but, I am relatively new here. But isn't that one of the wonders of an open forum? People can post their opinions, and if you don't like it, or the thread, you don't have to read it or respond. I have found in my case, I may respond to a post but make sure I read others responses as well. It's great to hear someone else's point of view. Sometimes even makes you stop and say, hmm.....

Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It doesn't matter with me if a poster disagrees with me, they might think I'm an idiot but I don't dislike them, maybe i would if I actually knew them but not over posting. I like all of you.
hmm, maybe im not just disliking a poster because they disagree with me. maybe i dislike a poster when they call me names or give me neg rep points and such (or ALWAYS disagree with me even if im obviously right!).

Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,999,813 times
In all seriousness, I think the crowd on the "Relationships" forum is uniquely nice, fun, wise, and supportive - and funny. On one of the regional boards, we have some specifically defined battles (they really go after a county that I know very well, and the attacks are overly general and inaccurate). Anyhow, there are a few of us who really try to jump in and carve out the facts in a more precise way. But, I never get upset - even when it gets heated, my blood pressure never changes.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,999,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
hmm, maybe im not just disliking a poster because they disagree with me. maybe i dislike a poster when they call me names or give me neg rep points and such (or ALWAYS disagree with me even if im obviously right!).
You yaya head you!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:49 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
I have only clashed with one poster...a new one so I don't even know if it was a serious poster...and he/she actually stalked me for a bit so I had to block him/her. I have disagreed with many and if it seems like it's a bickering fest I usually try to avoid posting more than once in a bickering post...and I have agreed with many and had fun with many and made many friends here.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:02 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,944,197 times
You guys sure have some interesting topics in this forum! I never wandered in here before today (I'm trying to keep busy because our family holiday get together is rapidly disintegrating--can you tell ) Anyway, there's some really funny stuff in here, and thought-provoking threads like this one.

I have a few posters that I feel I "know." Occasionally one will do something unexpected and I feel slightly "betrayed" because that person turned out to be different than I thought he (or she) would be.

What's ironic is that I rather enjoy the fact that people don't guess certain things about me when they start reading my posts. For a long time I refused to make any comments that would indicate my sex, color, age or religion. I like the fact that people see me for my words and ideas only.

A few weeks ago I made a point by telling a personal story about rising above depression and racism. It was amazing how many replies I received. Many people had pictured me very differently indeed! Some people liked me more because of the story, some people liked me less. I don't know why but knowing that some people don't like me doesn't bother me --if people don't like you it means you are speaking your mind and saying the truth as you see it. A lot of people don't like me because I'm not young or hip. I'm a senior citizen who likes living in the suburbs--I get a lot of flack about that but I think the longer I'm around the more people love me (or at least tolerate me) if for no other reason than every community needs an old coot.

ps. I read through some of your old posts today--very entertaining! I think the OP should write a book!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:08 PM

240 posts, read 470,818 times
Ahhh! Thanks for bringing up the undie thread, I needed a chuckle after a long day, so I just went back to gizmo's post on the undie thread and got my chuckle. That was a very funny thread.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,092 times
thanks normie!
(p.s. i was gonna guess that you were an old coot livin in the burbs before you stated the fact!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships