Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 03:55 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,833,463 times

Advertisements

Any 40+ year old guys here that still hope to have kids? What kind of women (maximum age) are you looking for, considering that you will date couple years and wait perhaps a year before trying for kids? What is the maximum age you will wait until you decide to drop the idea of having kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 04:10 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Any 40+ year old guys here that still hope to have kids? What kind of women (maximum age) are you looking for, considering that you will date couple years and wait perhaps a year before trying for kids? What is the maximum age you will wait until you decide to drop the idea of having kids?

Atlguy can answer, I believe he's 40 and still wants kids.

I'm 45 and that ship sailed for me a long long time ago.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:18 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,515,277 times
Women right around 40, give or take, would still be good partners for you. Most can still have healthy kids from 40-45, if your sperm is healthy. (Men's sperm declines in quality in mid-life.)

Old 09-27-2014, 04:36 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,922,074 times
I have an uncle that had custody of two sons and raised them into adulthood, then when he was 53 years old, was dating a 28 year old woman (he's very wealthy) and about a year into the relationship when he was 54, she got pregnant and kept the child. It is definitely his kid since they did not get married and his insurance that was paying for the childbirth/hospital costs, etc required a blood test when the kid was born.

Fast forward now that he is 68 years old, with a 14 year old daughter. I don't think have children late in life is necessarily a good thing. He should be retired but is still working (real estate broker) to pay for everything that the court requires him to send to mommy. I've heard of guys complaining about having to pay between $300-400 a month for child support. My uncle is required to pay $1,200 in just child support, and there is a bunch of other stuff he has to pay for too: like medical insurance for the kid and he is required to maintain a $100k life insurance policy (court ordered), like WTF Version 3.0 on that.

Anyway, last time I stopped by his house to give him a visit, it was a weekend he had visitation and he looked absolutely miserable sitting on his couch drinking a glass of wine, while his daughter was cranking a new Iggy Azalea song, and chatting on her phone with her boyfriend. The kid walks all over my uncle and treats him like an ATM machine and has turned out to be about as narcissistic and demanding as her mom.

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 09-27-2014 at 05:15 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 04:41 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,935,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women right around 40, give or take, would still be good partners for you. Most can still have healthy kids from 40-45, if your sperm is healthy. (Men's sperm declines in quality in mid-life.)
LOL... living by the ol river there Ruth... The health risk rise significantly once you get to 40..... I certainly wouldn't put it as "most" can have kids... some, but not "most"

Sorry to split hairs here... just sayin....

Old 09-27-2014, 04:43 PM

102,323 posts, read 108,515,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I have and uncle that had custody of two sons and raised them into adulthood, then when he was 53 years old, was dating a 28 year old woman (he's very wealthy) and about a year into the relationship when he was 54, she got pregnant and kept the child. It is definitely his kid since they did not get married and his insurance that was paying for the childbirth/hospital costs, etc required a blood test when the kid was born.

Fast forward now that he is 68 years old, with a 14 year old daughter. I don't think have children late in life is necessarily a good thing. He should be retired but is still working (real estate broker) to pay for everything that the court requires him to send to mommy. I've heard of guys complaining about having to pay between $300-400 a month for child support. My uncle is required to pay $1,200 in just child support, and there is a bunch of other stuff he has to pay for too: like medical insurance for the kid and he is required to maintain a $100k life insurance policy (court ordered), like WTF Version 3.0 on that.

Anyway, last time I stopped by his house to give him a visit, it was a weekend he had visitation and he looked absolutely miserable sitting on his couch drinking a glass of wine, while his daughter was cranking a new Iggy Azalea song, and chatting on her phone with her boyfriend. The kid walks all over my uncle and treats him like an ATM machine and has turned out to be about as narcissistic and demanding as her mom.
Extreme wealth can cause people to make poor decisions.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:54 PM

295 posts, read 308,283 times
The probability to father a child is significantly reduced for men 35+ years of age. The probability then continues to decline about 11% each year fatherhood is postponed. Before you argue about women's age, consider your own. Just because some men can reproduce at 50 years of age, it does not mean MOST men can.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:21 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,218,959 times
Quote:
Any 40+ year old guys here that still hope to have kids?
Me.
Quote:
What kind of women (maximum age) are you looking for, considering that you will date couple years and wait perhaps a year before trying for kids?
I don't really care about the woman's age from a fertility perspective since I can afford to pay a surrogate to have my kid. But the reality is that beyond a certain age women loose interest in having a family (or engage in a rationalization) since carrying a child to term becomes problematic, and alternative methods are not of interest to many women. 40+ women that want a family are rare in CO, and hence why I am considering moving to NYC or Boston. If a 36+ woman *truely* wants a family she is isn't going to date for two years then wait a third year.
Quote:
What is the maximum age you will wait until you decide to drop the idea of having kids?
Don't know. I have actually aged very well, I look younger and better then most men a decade younger than myself. So, I don't see as a finite answer from me would be helpful to you since you don't know me.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:29 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,218,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I have an uncle that had custody of two sons and raised them into adulthood, then when he was 53 years old, was dating a 28 year old woman (he's very wealthy) and about a year into the relationship when he was 54, she got pregnant and kept the child. .... He should be retired but is still working (real estate broker) to pay for everything that the court requires him to send to mommy. I've heard of guys complaining about having to pay between $300-400 a month for child support. My uncle is required to pay $1,200 in just child support, and there is a bunch of other stuff he has to pay for too: like medical insurance for the kid and he is required to maintain a $100k life insurance policy (court ordered), like WTF Version 3.0 on that.
No, your uncle is not wealthy, let alone very wealthy. Wealthy people don't "need" to work, and $1,200/month (plus insurance and what not) in children support would be a minor annoyance to someone that was wealthy.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:30 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,919,032 times
This has the potential to get nasty so I will say this: If you are judging someone only on their perceived ability to father/bear kids you will likely be disappointed. FACT: Ricks increase as you age for both genders but too often we hear some nasty comments about older women while older men get off scot free often. Sure if could happen but as you get older (this goes for both genders)it is less likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships