Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 06:52 PM

1,720 posts, read 2,747,815 times

Advertisements

Simple question, but I just wanted some feedback. If talking / meeting another female at the bar and she casually asks, "What are your plans for the rest of the evening" would you take that question as being a simple conversation piece or perhaps a sign of potential interest for something further? I'm just curious as to what other C-D posters think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 07:02 PM

75 posts, read 90,255 times
I ask other dudes all the time "Hey man, what do you have going on this weekend?" Doesn't mean I want to f$#@ em, I'm just making conversation.

Sometimes a question is just a question. Maybe she felt there was an uncomfortable pause in the conversation.

Maybe she wants you to meet her brother.

Her: What are your plans for the rest of the evening?
You: I don't have any
Her: Well, my brother just moved to town to set up his neurosurgery clinic for disabled orphans and he needs someone to show him around, would you mind?

Maybe she wants to steal your kidneys.

It's hard to say without context.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:04 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,364,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Simple question, but I just wanted some feedback. If talking / meeting another female at the bar and she casually asks, "What are your plans for the rest of the evening" would you take that question as being a simple conversation piece or perhaps a sign of potential interest for something further? I'm just curious as to what other C-D posters think.
Perhaps she was trying to keep the conversation going and learn a bit more about you.
Perhaps she was trying to find out if you would be available to have a one night stand.
Perhaps she was just being nosy.
Perhaps she did not know what else to say and hadn't figured out a way to walk away yet.
Perhaps you are reading more into a simple question than is necessary.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:27 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,903 times
I'd say if a stranger asks you this she is hinting at being involved in your plans for the rest of the evening.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:17 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,987,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I would take that as a direct question to be with you.

I hope you said, "If I play my cards right it would involve you."

Old 03-22-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
I hope you said, "If I play my cards right it would involve you."
I really need to download the C-D app on my phone. Maybe then I wouldn't have answered her with the ubiquitous "Just playing dungeon and dragons with my friends and going to bed by midnight since I'm technically grounded for not cleaning my room." (age 31 here) lol

Old 03-22-2015, 07:28 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times
Well you are at a bar, most likely late at night.....if you have late night plans you are either a grave digger, work 3rd shift (shouldn't be drinking), an artist (they are nuts, yet we love movies and pretty things), writer (also nuts, but yet people read), or a work alcoholic.

More than likely she is seeing if you are interesting and wants to play wack a mole.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
More than likely she is seeing if you are interesting and wants to play whack a mole.
That is one of my favorite games btw. Would certainly have been a win-win situation.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,366,944 times
Just making conversation....please stop over analyzing...and enjoy the moment. If she's interested, you will know.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:31 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,067,287 times
y'know if its just filler conversation, say whatever you want.

But the true playa knows, every routine juncture is an opportunity to say something bold, something slightly nasty, something playful and unexpected.

As Tone-Loc said in Wild Thing:
She looked at me and smiled and said "you have plans for the night"?
I said "hopefully if things go well, i'll be with you tonight"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships