Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 06:21 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,110,270 times

Advertisements

Or IS there a thought process at all?

I have my profile up on a dating site. I have had maybe three or four guys view my profile over five times. I hadn't contacted any of them before this past week. I decided to message one. No response. I can still hear the crickets chirping.

These are guys in my age bracket (50s), so they SHOULD be mature.

1. Are the guys that do this, just browsing and not serious about dating?
2. Are they too "afraid" to make the first contact?
3. Are they hinting for me to make first contact? How would I know that?
4. Does multiple viewings (sounds like continually going to the back of the line at a funeral home LOL) indicate they are interested or that they keep forgetting that they've seen me already?

I hardly think their email is so full that it's unmanageable.

My daughter told me to message them, "Why have you looked at my profile eight times?" LMAO. With a message like that, they would either answer or stop. She thinks it's creepy. I can ignore it, but it sure does make me wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:49 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,110,270 times
LOL. Thanks for the input. As an added measure, I could click on their profiles eight times.

You know . . . I just at do that.

And I am SO not bashful.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:51 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
I've never did OLD and don't know the particulars of what's involved, but I think possibly they are just hedging and fumbling about.

Either use the pot or get off, as the saying goes.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:53 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Or IS there a thought process at all?

I have my profile up on a dating site. I have had maybe three or four guys view my profile over five times. I hadn't contacted any of them before this past week. I decided to message one. No response. I can still hear the crickets chirping.

These are guys in my age bracket (50s), so they SHOULD be mature.

1. Are the guys that do this, just browsing and not serious about dating?
2. Are they too "afraid" to make the first contact?
3. Are they hinting for me to make first contact? How would I know that?
4. Does multiple viewings (sounds like continually going to the back of the line at a funeral home LOL) indicate they are interested or that they keep forgetting that they've seen me already?

I hardly think their email is so full that it's unmanageable.

My daughter told me to message them, "Why have you looked at my profile eight times?" LMAO. With a message like that, they would either answer or stop. She thinks it's creepy. I can ignore it, but it sure does make me wonder.
No. They're checking you out. They're thinking about whether to contact you. They're mulling over your proflle (a good sign; at least they're reading it), they're looking at your photo again and again. They're being indecisive, maybe a couple of them are being shy. They're warming up.

That's how I'd take it. But I can see how it would be frustrating. Especially if you gave one a nudge, and got crickets.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times
The thing about that age bracket is that many men are more interested in dating outside that age bracket.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:56 PM

If they are looking to date outside of that bracket, why the multiple visits to her profile.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The thing about that age bracket is that many men are more interested in dating outside that age bracket.
Actually, no. Some are. Others want to date someone close to their age and life experience/maturity level. I've seen couples now and then in that age bracket who are obviously on a first date, talking about first-date stuff. They're a match, age-wise. It's a C-D cliche that men in that bracket are ALL looking to date younger women. Reality doesn't reflect this.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:01 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If they are looking to date outside of that bracket, why the multiple visits to her profile.
Also, clear something up for me, you know how many times each man visited your profile?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:06 PM

I love the OP's sense of humor about it all. A sense of humor like that will get you far.

And no, they're not hinting at you. They're not that cagey. They're debating contacting you. It sounds like you did a pretty good job of writing your profile, and got a good pic up. I guess the discouraging news is that they're not quite serious enough to step up to the plate, yet. Has anyone contacted you at all?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Also, clear something up for me, you know how many times each man visited your profile?

Read the OP again, she stated in the OP that there were multiple visits by these same guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships