Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM

388 posts, read 328,669 times

Advertisements

I don't mow the lawn unless it's real nice and trimmed first. Must have a nice scent, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,867,648 times
I will not order a faux leather jacket from the Fingerhut catalog (dad)
I will not become confrontational in stores to store clerks (mom)
I will not scrape mold of off cheese and then eat the rest of the cheese (dad)
I will not fix everything in my home with electrical tape and a caulk gun (dad)
I will not clean my floors on my hands and knees weekly (mom)
I will not wash the sidewalks with hot sudsy water (mom)
I will not go to mulitple grocery stores for sales (dad)
I will not be territorial over own lawn when other kids step on it (mom)

Old 12-28-2007, 04:43 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Have sex...
will or won't?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM

388 posts, read 328,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
will or won't?
lol - I'm pretty sure they did the nasty, so that would be "wont". But it's too late; I ended up having it anyway (just to make sure I wasn't gay).

Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Oh my gosh, who will mow the lawn? Ladies, hold on to those lawn mowing men.
Um, but what if our men don't mow the lawn? Do we need to find other men who do mow the lawn? (Somehow I can't imagine Gucci shoe-wearing stepdad mowing the lawn, lol. Oh wait, maybe a riding lawnmower...)

Old 12-28-2007, 05:20 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
lol - I'm pretty sure they did the nasty, so that would be "wont". But it's too late; I ended up having it anyway (just to make sure I wasn't gay).
lol, ditto.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
Um, but what if our men don't mow the lawn? Do we need to find other men who do mow the lawn? (Somehow I can't imagine Gucci shoe-wearing stepdad mowing the lawn, lol. Oh wait, maybe a riding lawnmower...)
Hey, don't make me laugh with my cracked ribs (joking, joking).

Yeah, I'd trade them in for the more fuel-efficient, lawn mowing husbands. Maybe they come in hybrids these days. If they are LEXUS hybrids, then my stepfather will join in. [bless his heart, he's so sweet].

Old 12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Both my parents smoke cigarettes and would have stiff cocktails once they came home from work. I have never smoked cigarettes and I hardly drink alcohol.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:36 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
1. I will never roll a joint and smoke pot in front of my children (oh, don't smoke pot!)

2. I will never let my husband walk around the house in his underwear like my father had no problem walking around in front of me for years (mind you, I'm a girl)

3. I will never have big wild parties with my children present (and watching friends make out)

4. I will never let my children hear me moaning and screaming and bed shaking during S E X

5. I will never NOT be involved in their education

6. I will never tell my child "I hope you get hit by a Mac truck" as was told to me (yes, she did come after me and apologize later, but that's something you don't forget)
Awe I want to hug you. That's too much for a child to handle.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,785,636 times
Smoke cigarettes (mom)
Smoke a pipe (dad)
Swear like a drunken sailor (mom)
Ditto on wiping the table with the smelly, mildewy sponge! (mom)
Make my kid do all the housework and cooking (mom and dad)
Shellac rocks in the rock garden so they always look like they were rained on [really]! (mom)
Bring home cow manure (for fertilizer) in the car with all the kids in it – pew! (dad)
Make the oldest kid go save the younger one from drowning ("Go save your sister!") (dad)
Cook old smelly bacon (yuck!) – "It's still good!" (dad)
Keep saying, "I KNOW one of my [unmarried] daughters will come home and say: 'I'm pregnant!'" (mom -- and none of us did!)

These are great! How funny! I recognize some of these!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships