Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 09:31 PM

24 posts, read 18,829 times

Advertisements

I say that because I just cannot make myself settle. I've had maybe 10-12 women who were interested in me in my life - I even went home with a woman at a bar a couple weeks ago who was utterly infatuated with me but I'm just not attracted to any of them. As a result, I've never had a girlfriend. And the women who I am attracted to? They're never attracted to me

I just don't know what to do guys. I am not unreasonable about my expectations - I've had tons and tons of people, even random strangers, call me handsome and gorgeous. I've been working out 5 days a week for 11 years and I'm not even expecting a model anyways, just a girl with a cute face who is in decent shape. Outside of looks, I have a lot to offer as well - I'm extremely successful (for a man my age), have a fantastic lifestyle, a great social circle, etc...

I am just seemingly stuck in this situation that I don't know how to get out of. I don't even encounter a lot of attractive women in situations where an approach is possible/feasible but the outcome is never good anyways. I talk to them and we get along fine but they're never really interested so I don't ask them out

and yes, before people ask, I've tried dating some of the women who were interested in me but it just doesn't go anywhere. Even if they are very nice and we get along great, the lack of physical attraction just makes it a friendship. There is no lust or romance there on my part and it's very misleading to the other party as she should be with somebody who is crazy about her

Last edited by ArminVanBuren; 09-30-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,880,400 times
Dude, you're only 26. You don't run into many women where an approach is feasible? What are you doing to meet women? You can approach women anywhere. Give it time. You haven't met the right woman yet.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, you're only 26. You don't run into many women where an approach is feasible? What are you doing to meet women? You can approach women anywhere. Give it time. You haven't met the right woman yet.

lol @ "right woman". I don't believe in the soulmate nonsense. The right woman is a decent woman who actually likes you. There are 2359205823058232803252 decent women out there. The hard part is them actually liking you

As far what do I do to meet someone? I just try to have a very fun lifestyle where I'm constantly meeting people. I go out to bars/clubs all the time, go to sports events, go to great concerts, workout almost every day, try to go to festivals and gatherings downtown portion of my city, go to parties and social get togethers, etc...

I don't encounter many situations where I can approach women without it being extremely awkward...but hell it doesn't matter anyways, they're never interested

Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,373,274 times
Have you explored the possibility that you might be a repressed homosexual?

Every time a guy comes here claiming they are not attracted to ANY women who show them interest, I always wonder if he's gay.

Not a criticism, for I think being gay is simply a way of being. Just wondered if you'd explored the possibility.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminVanBuren View Post
lol @ "right woman". I don't believe in the soulmate nonsense. The right woman is a decent woman who actually likes you. There are 2359205823058232803252 decent women out there. The hard part is them actually liking you
That's what I meant. The right one is the one who's into you, from among the 359205823058232803252.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArminVanBuren;
As far what do I do to meet someone? I just try to have a very fun lifestyle where I'm constantly meeting people. I go out to bars/clubs all the time, go to sports events, go to great concerts, workout almost every day, try to go to festivals and gatherings downtown portion of my city, go to parties and social get togethers, etc...

I don't encounter many situations where I can approach women without it being extremely awkward...but hell it doesn't matter anyways, they're never interested
"Awkward" is in your mind. If you're constantly meeting people, that must include women, right? Keep on keepin' on. Keep working the numbers, and something'll click sooner or later. Stay positive.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,822,829 times
In his past incarnations he mentioned frequently that he gets a lot of attention from gay men. They see something in him I guess. But his conservative Armenian upbringing probably makes these feelings taboo.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Have you explored the possibility that you might be a repressed homosexual?

Let's put it this way, if this woman - http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...ewin-miami.jpg - approached me on the street, I would ravish her with the intensity of 10,000 burning suns

Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
In his past incarnations he mentioned frequently that he gets a lot of attention from gay men. They see something in him I guess. But his conservative Armenian upbringing probably makes these feelings taboo.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,909,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Well hello again brahmabull. I will add this new username to your expanding list, so readers can go back and see how you have been posting the same tired, narcissistic complaints for the last three years. Why don't you just go back and read all the advice that others have given you over the years and save everyone the time and trouble?

Brahmabull117
Symphony7X
Cyraz
MidwestGuy1
RideLightening
Italian_Stallion
RogerShah
AceDaBrain
ImmortalRites
RimeofAncientMariner
StillReigning
NotUnlikeWaves
ArminVanBuren
LMAO this is great. good catch, zentropa.

mods, please shut down this thread!

Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
That's what I meant. The right one is the one who's into you, from among the 359205823058232803252.
if you're a halfway competent man, it should be more than one who is into you, many more than one actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships