Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:09 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times

Advertisements

How do you cope with it?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How do you cope with it?

What do you mean "fit for dating"?
Do you mean working out, eating healthier, dressing differently, working on your self esteem, confidence, etc?

Why can't you just be you?
Why not do those things for yourself instead of trying to please everyone else all the time?
If you don't do it for you it won't last as long as you think it will.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,439,445 times
Nope. If they can't see past my beer belly, they miss out on what's past my beer belly.

9,659 posts, read 10,234,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Do you mean working out, eating healthier, dressing differently, working on your self esteem, confidence, etc?

Why not do those things for yourself instead of trying to please everyone else all the time?
Yes, that plus social skills and humor.

Things like depression give you no motivation, things like despair gives you hopelessness.

4,290 posts, read 4,014,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

I think I have the same questions for you Hurricane. I am also willing to know what is that "Fit for dating"

This is me hurricane. I don't worry about people who give scores for the size for the height for the weight. I am always my self. I am 5'8" tall my size is 38- UK/AUS10,US6, there are enough men told me that I am way too slim for my height and some one asked me to eat bit more then he will like me. I am not going to gain weight or lose weight to satisfy some one else. Me being my self always. I eat healthy I run hour a day or some times stick with the gym but I do that for my self not for the men out there who wants to have a slim woman who they can carry on their shoulder. In short enjoy my life, I love being me why cannot you?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Yes, that plus social skills and humor.

Things like depression give you no motivation, things like despair gives you hopelessness.
Depression can be treated professionally, the despair part I'm not sure how one gets to that point.

You really need to quit comparing yourself to other humans, you are you, you are not them, who they are is not someone you can be, you can only be you.
Until you accept yourself as you are I believe you will always feel unaccepted, awkward and hopeless.
No one can be a perfect anything because there is no perfect anything or anyone.

You can choose to accept you or you can choose to not accept you, either way it is your choice and your misery is yours to accept as being caused by you, there is no one else to blame.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,867,396 times
Right. Like CSD said, you do it for you, because being healthy is good for you. Without the right motivation, your efforts will bomb. Once you get that straight, you set short-term goals for yourself. You don't think of it as a giant iceberg you have to tackle. You chip away at it a few ice cubes at a time. So instead of thinking all the time about your ultimate goal, which may overwhelm you, you set a beginning goal, and you tell yourself, "Once I get to X weight (say: 15 lbs off), and see some definition in my muscles, I'll know I'm making progress, I've achieved at least that much." And when you reach that small goal, you take encouragement from that. You use that to power yourself to the next goal. And before you know it, you'll be halfway to your ultimate goal. So that encourages you to keep up the momentum.

See how that works? What it means is that every step of the way, you're pep-talking yourself. "Made the first goal--YEAH! I'm on a roll!" You psych yourself constantly. You keep up a positive inner chatter. You look for encouragement each week. "Added another 10 lbs. to my workout machines today! The progress is happening! OK, keep up the good work." You keep yourself on track that way. Boost yourself. Be your own coach and cheerleader.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 10-10-2014 at 02:06 AM..

Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 AM

33 posts, read 55,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I think I have the same questions for you Hurricane. I am also willing to know what is that "Fit for dating"

This is me hurricane. I don't worry about people who give scores for the size for the height for the weight. I am always my self. I am 5'8" tall my size is 38- UK/AUS10,US6, there are enough men told me that I am way too slim for my height and some one asked me to eat bit more then he will like me. I am not going to gain weight or lose weight to satisfy some one else. Me being my self always. I eat healthy I run hour a day or some times stick with the gym but I do that for my self not for the men out there who wants to have a slim woman who they can carry on their shoulder. In short enjoy my life, I love being me why cannot you?
awesome, she said it all. Be yourself. don't change because someone told you to, do it for your own good. you can change the way you look, dress etc. but do it for yourself. Love the way you are.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:14 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,747,462 times
You can start with getting off the Internet and taking a brisk walk around the block.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,622,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Nope. If they can't see past my beer belly, they miss out on what's past my beer belly.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships