Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 03:01 PM

783 posts, read 849,409 times

Advertisements

I'll tell you about a friend of mine. He met his now ex GF while she was still with another guy but said they were on the outs. She invited him to a bar to meet up for drinks and they hit it off. She said that she was still 'taken' but was changing her situation soon. 2-3 days later she broke up with her boy friend and was now with him. Fast forward 1 year later and the same situation is happening only my friend is on the way out and she is lining up the next guy. She isn't cheating because she breaks it off with the old guy before doing anything with a new guy, but she doesn't break up until the new guy has been found.

Then there is Facebook. A woman posts a picture of herself on Facebook and all the guys compliment her and thumbs up her pics. A man posts a picture of himself and its usually crickets. Also women do a lot more friend zoning then men do.

Anyways since its mostly men that do the pursuing an attractive man still has to go looking whereas attractive women only have to do the choosing. It seems to me that most attractive women like having a pool of men that they can easily get into a relationship with if their current one isn't going well. This pool of men are men that have already shown interest and continue to show interest but she was/is already seeing someone at the time.

Not judging here, just trying to understand how women approach dating and sideline men. From my own point of view I am very monogamous and only see one woman at a time. I'm not looking down the road for a new one if the current one isn't working out. When I do break up from a LTR it is usually a few months before I feel like dating again.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 03:11 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Women can only do the choosing if they attract anyone, and even then, to have a choice, they have to attract more than one. Or else the choice will be the guy they attract, or nothing. It seems to be your question only applies to especially attractive women, and among them, only to the ones who would do what you describe. Not all of them would do that. Some focus on the relationship they're in, and if it falls apart, they need some down time before moving on.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
I don't think there's a general rule for females and a general rule for males.

Some humans move faster from one relationship to another all the time, some of the time, occasionally, rarely, or never.

You may see women who post pics on FB and get tons of likes, but I think women (in general) are more apt to like pics of both genders where guys (again, in general) might be less inclined to like another guy's pic unless it's funny or some major accomplishment and not just a random selfie.

I have female friends who take a very long time to get over a breakup and I have male friends who already have their next GF lined up.

And, vice versa.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:25 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
If a woman looks reasonably good, a lot of guys will want her.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
Hmmm funny.

Kind of the opposite for me, epsecially the facebook thing.

I mainly saw the guys getting the comments and the likes. Especially this one guy who I liked a lot for a while. It really doesn't matter, and it's not gender specific.

The only guys who "orbit" around me are the players and jerks who already have gf's but are trying to mess around with me on the side. But they typically orbit around every woman, so it doesn't matter. Same goes for girls, they can be players and jerks too.

I would never want a sideline, there is no point in it. Attention doesn't mean anything if it's not coming from the person you ACTUALLY care about and are interested in.

As far as your friend's ex.....it's not cool to jump from one guy to the next when she is already in a relationship. It's not fair because she is just stringing them along, and that's really wrong. She may not be "cheating" physcially but might as well be emotionally.

Last edited by Auraliea; 09-27-2014 at 04:40 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 03:35 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't think there's a general rule for females and a general rule for males.

Some humans move faster from one relationship to another all the time, some of the time, occasionally, rarely, or never.

You may see women who post pics on FB and get tons of likes, but I think women (in general) are more apt to like pics of both genders
This is so true! Women tend to be supportive of each other, and will "like" each other's pics as encouragement. So most, quite likely all, the "likes" on women's FB pages could be from other women.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:40 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,884 times
Dudes do it more, in my observation. Or maybe a certain percentage of the top lookers in both sexes does it, equal numbers. I've mainly noticed guys doing it.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:42 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,202,675 times
Honestly, I couldn't help but laugh at this . Boobs exerting a force of gravitational attraction.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:53 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Your friends ex is a monkey: A monkey swing from branch to branch and won't let go until they have a hold of the next branch; women (and men) won't let go of a person until they have a hold on another one.

Old 09-27-2014, 03:54 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,718,518 times
I feel more comfortable having a few different guys I can call up when I need a date to an event or just feel like masculine company. No one plans to settle down with anyone in this scenario though. Is that what you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships