Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:24 PM

19 posts, read 21,633 times

Advertisements

to a girl that has been with me for 4 years (some offs) and has been asking me whether I am serious and want to stay with her since at least a year ago....but has left me recently for another guy...

she is just starting a new relation, but I want her badly madly and sadly.. I did not want to lose her but was stupid to have been too focused on work (did not cheat or anything)...

she is 40 and value commitment and security and has been with me for long enough that I feel proposing with an expensive ring that I bought would just show her that I am serious, no small talk anymore...

at the same time... she is going out with another guy now.. and franly she seems excited about her new relation...

I really not managing to get over her and I am serious about wanting to stay with her forever..besides I need her so bad since I am in the middle of a brain injury that is making me very depressed and i am completely alone without her... so that is why I am fine going through a bit of humiliation, a lot actually, if it can bring her back... I am ready to do anything to bring her back... I asked her to come back many times... everytime she is close to say yes, like when i brought flowers... but the next day she packs her stuff and goes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:25 PM

by recently I mean 3 weeks ago

Old 10-03-2014, 01:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Hahaha!!

You missed the boat man!

Ya dragged your feet to long and ya lost.

Move on and let her alone.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:27 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
You want to propose to a woman that just left you?

Dude.

Dude.

Oh Dude.

No.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:28 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachissimo View Post
to a girl that has been with me for 4 years (some offs) and has been asking me whether I am serious and want to stay with her since at least a year ago....but has left me recently for another guy...

she is just starting a new relation, but I want her badly madly and sadly.. I did not want to lose her but was stupid to have been too focused on work (did not cheat or anything)...

she is 40 and value commitment and security and has been with me for long enough that I feel proposing with an expensive ring that I bought would just show her that I am serious, no small talk anymore...

at the same time... she is going out with another guy now.. and franly she seems excited about her new relation...

I really not managing to get over her and I am serious about wanting to stay with her forever..besides I need her so bad since I am in the middle of a brain injury that is making me very depressed and i am completely alone without her... so that is why I am fine going through a bit of humiliation, a lot actually, if it can bring her back... I am ready to do anything to bring her back... I asked her to come back many times... everytime she is close to say yes, like when i brought flowers... but the next day she packs her stuff and goes...
You don't need to propose. You need to see a therapist.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:32 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
In the middle of a brain injury?

Old 10-03-2014, 01:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Maybe the brain injury is making him make some crazy choices.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:01 PM

when I asked her back 2 weeks ago she said yes... then she changed her mind.. this new guy is very new and is married... and I want her so bad that I have been seriously contemplating suicide ... and I know I need a therapist and seeing one soon...

but it is my survival instinct that is kicking here...

Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You don't need to propose. You need to see a therapist.
I agree.

You're the guy who made the other thread about your gf leaving you for a married guy. At first I admit I thought what a horrible woman to leave you like that, but the more I read I am starting to think that she had a good reason to leave. Now that you NEED her you want to marry her? Yeah, I would totally marry a guy who dragged his feet for years then all of a sudden when he gets sick and needs someone to take car of him he wants to marry me. Umm no.

I would also not be with a man who threatened suicide if I didn't get back with him. I had a boyfriend in high school who would do that every time I tried to break up with him.

Maybe once you get well and you lose the NEED to be with someone because you are not well, then you can think about a relationship.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
You had a brain injury, she left you, now you want to marry this woman?

I would say no, but its your life to do with as you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships