Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:44 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OMG. I have a 16 year old daughter. If I knew she was spending so much time "thinking" about relationships and what not I would kick her ass and tell her to get over herself.

What do your parents think about your narcissistic, obsessive, me-me-me attitude? Your dad should be giving you more outdoor chores, that's for sure.
Can't rep you at present, but yeah, I wonder where this guy's parents are.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
I am an active member of two message boards that OP's been banned from. When I read this thread, I was surprised at the amount of time OP is spending on the internet at his age. I'm not even sure how many other forums you're registered on and how many posts you have on them. It's almost unbelievable that at your age, you're spending an overwhelming majority of your time on the internet versus spending it with your friends or life in general.

To the members involved in this thread: I don't believe anything you will say can help him in this case. He's been asking the same questions over and over and receiving the same replies over and over, nothing has changed. I can almost guarantee that nothing WILL change unless OP decides to get off the internet and actually experience life instead of reading on it or attempting to find answers to every question in the world.

To the OP: Your obsession with relationships, reading articles about them, trying to figure out all the answers before you even experience life itself and the internet is incredibly unhealthy. Very scary, actually. I have literally never met someone this insecure and obsessed about relationships for someone your age. I'll be honest: if I was a moderator of the entire internet, I'd ban you for your own good. Of course, I expect this pattern to keep repeating itself until you learn to experience life instead of trying to "read/prepare" on it for endless hours. As soon as you get banned from one board or lack the attention from other users, you'll migrate to the next. You are literally copy-pasting the same questions on several boards, trying to "prepare" yourself perfectly for life. I can 100% guarantee you that this won't happen. The worst part about all of this is that everything I've said probably just flew over your head and isn't going to change anything.

I have nothing personal against OP, I just wish he would stop staring at a computer screen reading about life instead of experience itself to find the answers to his questions. As Frayzer mentioned, he's been told the same thing over and over, it's a non-ending cycle.
Mod cut.

Regardless, our OP is very troubled and I do hope will get some professional help.

The answers he seeks are not to be found on any internet forums.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-16-2014 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: Off topic.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:48 PM

138 posts, read 128,376 times
I am just about done trying to figure out answers, at least here on here on the internet. While I have learned a lot and have made little progress (seem to have finally gotten over my two major insecurities) it's becoming abundantly clear that no matter how much I post on the forums, at best it's a temporary fix to my emotional state, hence the "fluctuation of emotional state" phenomenon that continues to occur. At least for the complex personal issues and curiosities that are not relevant to any specific situation that are causing me enormous stress and even negatively affecting my health in general (sleeping about 25% less on average and moderate-to-severe attention loss), it seems that the psychologist is doing a better job of calibrating my severely inaccurate perspective on things, providing sufficient consolation and responses to my confusions, and hopefully will be able to reduce the amplitude of my fluctuating emotional state.

It's clear that I seem to be having a much more difficult time with the stresses of adolescence especially as a result of my existing tendency to severely overthink and stress over issues, even ones that are mundane.

In conclusion, I am done engaging in these endless arguments with people on the forums and bringing every personal internal issue or doubt here because at worst it leads to even more stress or at best, acts as a temporary fix (the local maximum of fluctuating emotional state) and hope to for the most part keep it between me and my psychologist or seek some consolation from my friends (which seems to be effective as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships